Poll: Should Kids Be Allowed To Carry Guns?

Stormcloud23

Aug 15, 2008
Hello everybody,
The title warrants a very immediate explanation so here goes:
Today during my martial arts class a friend of mine stated that kids (defined <18) Should be allowed to carry guns everywhere from school to the mall provided they pass a government firearms test. I of course took the side of logic and reason and immediately called him a dumb ass. We then asked a few other people at the class, and all of whom answered with an immediate "no". In an attempt to further prove my point I now ask you.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
I can't think of any logical reason as to why anyone might benefit from kids carrying guns around (except for the fact that those kids will look super cool!).

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Whoa whoa whoa, are we talking about carrying them around in general? because that i say no, because kids can be idiots who dont think

However carrying guns such as on hunting trips is perfectly alright provided they have a responsible adult and have been taught how to use the gun safety. My grandad took me hunting since i was 12 many times

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Well we let them drive 3000lb cars....
Honestly I think 18 and up is an acceptable age.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
Short answer
No
Long Answer
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Who would say yes to this?

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
If anyone says yes in this poll I may well have to kill them. With a gun. Oh, the irony...

Why the hell should kids carry guns? Has anyone heard of the murder of Rhys Jones in Liverpool last year (incidentally, on my birthday...)? 22nd August, Rhys Jones (11) was shot dead by a 16 year old, who was playing around with a gun showing off to his mates. He proceeded to try and cover up his crime, but was caught and sentenced earlier this year. That's what happens when you let kids play with guns. Innocents get hurt.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Let's rephrase your question. Should people be allowed to carry guys?

link670 said:
Short answer
No
Long Answer
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Who would say yes to this?
Too much temptation to make a bad terrorist joke... (No RAM NO!).

Masterthief

Aug 30, 2008
I'm tempted to say yes, but that's probably only because, being a Brit, I just generally want guns and can't get them. But on reflection, it's a bad idea.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
No definitely not. Adults can't handle the responsibility sometimes and looking at the kids I've met and seen, the definitely can't be trusted. I mean real gun is a definite no. A paintball/airsoft gun... not everywhere or to places like school or the mall then maybe.

Stormcloud23

Aug 15, 2008
Pandalisk said:
Whoa whoa whoa, are we talking about carrying them around in general? because that i say no, because kids can be idiots who dont think

However carrying guns such as on hunting trips is perfectly alright provided they have a responsible adult and have been taught how to use the gun safety. My grandad took me hunting since i was 12 many times
No, just around in general. Hunting is fine.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
No seriously, there is one reason kids are treated as kids (Not usually an ageist, and it's not my intention to offend anyone), because they are "dumb" and still learning how to develop properly. A gun is just an easy solution to fix any problem they have .

1. Shoot your parents if you want some halo
2. Shoot your teachers for better grades
3. Shoot that kid who's dating your "gurl"
4. Shoot that gurl who doesn't like you
5. Shoot self

And it shouldn't be legal for gun owners to even walk around with them in public areas, because as much as kids are "dumb", so are people.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
lil son said:
WTF!!!!!.....yes
I'm hoping this is sarcasm.
Kids definitely shouldn't be able to have guns, and carry them to school or the mall. That's just asking for more shooting.