Poll: Skyrim; Empire or. Rebels?

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
I don't really care. I don't like Nords, they have terrible base intelligence. If the Empire thinks they need help taking care of themselves, they probably do.
I mean, there are goddamn dragons flying about, the idiots could probably use a hand with those.

Anyway, my Breton will not contribute more than is necessary in the tutorial mission to either cause.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
The rebels most likely. The way I see it, the Empire was already falling apart in Morrowind, Then the whole Septim line kinda died in Oblivion. If it's any indication of the new mindset of the Empire, the meticulous hunting and killing of the Blades was a bit of a dick move. I'll most likely be siding with the Nords.

Mar 9, 2010
Knowing Bethesda they'll make The Rebels real assholes with a goal for the underdog and The Empire really friendly with a goal for everyone with a necessary evil.

I'll go with The Empire, if that's the case, the 'evil' guys are usually the choice that benefits everyone best.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Rebellion!

The Empire has proven to be at worst incompetent and at best distant rulers. They're not evil by any means, but that doesn't mean their reign is a beneficial one. A change in management is required.

That said, I may side with the Empire if the rebels turn out to be incompetent as well, or are likely to install a malevolent regime, as so often occurs in revolutions.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Depends on how I view each side in the conflict. Before Brink came out I thought the Rebels where the good guys but after playing it my mind was changed.

dave1004

Sep 20, 2010
The rebels, only because it's more fun.

I would generally prefer to be with the empire though. I like safety in numbers. And the empire is very large indeed.

Wait. No. I remember those days in oblivion...

*Walks into empty house, in the middle of the night.* *picks up a crumples note*

"STOP! YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAW!"

"WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT? How did you find me? I WAS IN AN EMPTY HOUSE. AT NIGHT. I picked up A PIECE OF PAPER. WHERE the HELL did you come from? DAMMIT!"

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I'll be on the rebellious side becuase Im a really contrary person.

Family member: 'Here eat this delicious cookie becuase I tell you too'
Me: 'NO WAY! FREEEEEEDOM!' *runs from room flailing arms*

dave1004 said:
*Walks into empty house, in the middle of the night.* *picks up a crumples note*

"STOP! YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAW!"

"WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT? How did you find me? I WAS IN AN EMPTY HOUSE. AT NIGHT. I picked up A PIECE OF PAPER. WHERE the HELL did you come from? DAMMIT!"

Yes we are sick of your psychic oppression! Down with the Empire!!

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!

Dammit!

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
For some reason, while I tend to support rebels IRL, I love to fight for order and tyranny in video games >_>

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Shit, who knows, ill fight for good and justice so whatever one is better then the other, ill side with them, its gonna be a confusing time.

I just want to be good while killing everyone thats bad or in the way of my quest.

Izael

Sep 13, 2010
I'm just going to play both sides, 'cause I already know they are going to give me gold for doing their errands for them. If in the end I do need to pick between one side or the other...the one with the better benefits for me will have to be picked.

Or I just max out my Stealth and steal from everyone. That has yet to backfire so long as I can run fast enough. >_>

Jul 9, 2008
ocelot0222222 said:
The rebels most likely. The way I see it, the Empire was already falling apart in Morrowind, Then the whole Septim line kinda died in Oblivion. If it's any indication of the new mindset of the Empire, the meticulous hunting and killing of the Blades was a bit of a dick move. I'll most likely be siding with the Nords.
Hunting of the Blades? I hadn't heard that, I take it it was because they failed to protect Uriel and Martin?

I was gonna come in here and say I'd have to see how it's presented in-game, but that is a giant dick move.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Empire. I never really read any of the Elder Scrolls books but so far in the games I havent found the most remote piece of evidence that the empire is evil.
Isn't the fact that they are an empire evil enough?

Tiber Septim (the guy who founded the third empire) just went around conquering every country in Tamriel (the continent the games are set in) with his unstoppable brass golem thing (Numidi... something). Those countries didn't willingly join the empire, and many of them wanted nothing to do with it. How would you feel if some other country decided yours had to obey their laws and pay your taxes to support their country?

Apocalypse0Child

May 21, 2009
I'm going with the misanthrope approach.
I take what I want, you get in the way I kill you.
Nice and simple. Same as it was in Oblivion.

If I'm FORCED to take a side, I'll pick the larger force, so I get more fun stealthily assassinating everyone that's left at the end of the game.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
If they have anywhere near the teleporting infraction-detecting powers they have in Oblivion, I'll be with the Empire. As a guard.

"STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM"

sheo720

Sep 5, 2011
I'll be doing about 791 playthroughs of this game as the same character with varying levels of crazy modded in hair so I'll see both of these things if they're even marginally central to the plot. I guess I'd need to know more about the current state both factions are in before I make a choice for which one I'll be friends with first though.

kidd25

Jun 13, 2011
varulfic said:
They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOOOOOOM!!

fine we can use your lives as chow for the dragons ^_^

Long live the empire