Poll: Skyrim; Empire or. Rebels?

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Empire, they're a shadow of their former glory but at least they not lead by a racist
Thalmor agent albeit dormant/rogue.
triggrhappy94 said:
I'm playing as an argonian so I don't really have an aliegence either way.
Empire:
+Black Marsh is apart of the Empire
-Those dick elves enslaved my race

Rebels:
+Black March could be inspired to succeed
-Why? I have no real invested interest.
Two points, the Black Marsh has actually seceded and subsequently invaded a devestated Morrowind. Which leds me to the second point. Elves not Imperials keep slaves. Sure the Empire ruled Black Marsh but pretty fairly. Elves from Dunmer to Altmer have used Argonians (and Khajits) as slaves.

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
The Empire is already gone. Morrowind's desolated. Black Marsh seceded. Valenwood and Elsweyr are part of the Dominion along with Summerset Isle. Hammerfell seceded and threw out the Thalmor.

All that's -left- of the Empire is Cyrodiil, Skyrim, and High Rock. Skyrim is revolting due to, y'know, having their Christ figure banned, having their sons sent to die fighting the Thalmor only for the Empire to kowtow, having the Empire allow Thalmor agents to run around Skyrim kidnapping Nords and do whatever to them.

It's not the Empire's fault that this is happening. No. You know who's fault it is? Yours.

Or more precisely, it's the Nerevarine's fault. If he hadn't destroyed the Heart of Lorkhan and in so doing stripped the powers from the Tribunal (Also leading to Almalexia's madness and her murder of Sotha Sil), Morrowind would have remained intact and most likely joined to the Empire. As a result, with the combined strength of the Tribunal, the Oblivion Crisis would have been significantly less severe in Morrowind, allowing the Empire to remain strong and prosperous. The Ministry of Truth never crashes, Red Mountain never erupts, and the Thalmor are thrown back.

End result: The Thalmor remain in control of Valenwood and Summerset Isle, but the Empire retains control of the rest of Tamriel.

Of course, with the Heart of Lorkhan intact, Dagoth Ur is able to infect the world with Corprus...

Alternatively!

It's your fault. Know why? You let Martin Septim die. A Septim would never have let the Thalmor grow this strong.

But anyway, you can hardly blame the Nords for wanting to be free of a crumbling, failing Empire that's going to drag them down to the grave with them if they don't cut themselves free. The Empire couldn't defeat the Thalmor when they had Hammerfell, how are they supposed to defeat the Thalmor without it?

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
My first playthrough of any Elder Scrolls is generally as the local populace. I think it's due to TES:Redguard, playing as Cyrus. That, plus the saturation of Australian education about 'connection to the land' and whatnot. I want to feel connected to the kingdom I'm in, not a roaming stranger.

In Oblivion, I was an Imperial. In Morrowind, a Dunmer. In Skyrim, Nord. Now, what kind of turncoat scum of a Nord would support the Aldmeri and their Imperial lackeys?!

FREEEEEEDOOOOM!!! it is.

EDIT: And everyone knows the Altmer view themselves as the Master Race. Time to rip those pointy eared bastards down a notch or two.

EDIT EDIT: Although in reality, as myself, I'd likely support the Empire. Better the devil you know. As long as I get to kill elves, I'm happy.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
PrinceOfShapeir said:
It's not the Empire's fault that this is happening. No. You know who's fault it is? Yours.

Or more precisely, it's the Nerevarine's fault. If he hadn't destroyed the Heart of Lorkhan and in so doing stripped the powers from the Tribunal (Also leading to Almalexia's madness and her murder of Sotha Sil), Morrowind would have remained intact and most likely joined to the Empire. As a result, with the combined strength of the Tribunal, the Oblivion Crisis would have been significantly less severe in Morrowind, allowing the Empire to remain strong and prosperous. The Ministry of Truth never crashes, Red Mountain never erupts, and the Thalmor are thrown back.
Except there is no proof that Almalexia's madness stems from the destruction of the heart.
In fact you even could complete the Tribunal Mainquest without ever being declared Nerevarine in the Vanilla-Main-Quest.

Granted, you could assume this to be a non-canon feature to make the addon accesible, but then again what is your proof for the cause of Almalexia's madness?

Since you can not proof the connection to the heart it is more likely that she went nuts from being unfit for the power she had gained, and thus would not have been a good ally during the Oblivion Crisis. (She probably would have killed Vivec off).

Personally I support the Empire. Simply because they are at the edge right now, driven there by what was basically an opportunistc rebellion by the Aldmeri. So I will not support another vulture in it's attempt to pick at the Empire.

Starkiller101

Apr 10, 2012
Lets see the great war empire gets smashed white-gold concordat and all that if the mighty empire cant be the elves do you think a bit of nord rabble could?

Starkiller101

Apr 10, 2012
EHKOS said:
Well, considering I
killed their emperor
I think I'll go with the rebels. Plus Ulfric is a badass.
At first i thought Ulfric was a shifty power-hungry hound using the banning of talos for power but after
the main quest season unending when he goes mad when he sees the Thalmor Elenwen.
he seems to be a true man

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Neither. They're both run by dicks who're playing King of the Mountain with a country. I say kill the lot of 'em so the rest of the country can get on with their lives.