Poll: Skyrim in 3rd Person

Luminous_Umbra

Sep 25, 2011
Depends on what I'm currently playing as:

Melee/Warrior/Whatever: 3rd person
Archer/Sneaky Thief: 1st person
Mage: Depends on how precise my magic is.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I did two playthroughs of Skyrim. One in first person, one in third. To be honest, I prefer playing it in third person. Even aiming arrows, though that can get a little hard.

JayElleBee

Jul 9, 2010
If I'm playing as a female character, or on PC, then I switch between the two. I always use 1st person for combat though. I hate the male animations, so I rarely ever play in 3rd person with my male characters, unless I'm on PC where I can switch the animations.

Pyrokinesis

Dec 3, 2007
I played skyrim in first person whenever I was in combat, but that likely could have done third person If i solely was making a ranged character and there was a good over the shoulder camera fix I had actually spent the time to look for. But I would always run around in third person whenever I wasent in combat or indoors.

For FO:NV I got would play in third person with the third person director mod so i could set up camera angles based on weapon types. (that and because I was using the heavily modded and graphic enhanced version that causes first person transparency so it looked better in third person.) Besides, If the reticule is accurate I like to see myself in a fake story about myself.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
In Skyrim, I almost exclusively play in 3rd person. I find the combat flows a lot better than in first person since the camera isn't going all over the joint. Makes things look and play so much better.

I only play FO3/NV in 1st person because the 3rd person animations are painful to behold.

frizzlebyte

Oct 20, 2008
Haven't played Skyrim yet (I know, I know...), but I played Oblivion in 3rd person, with only minor excursions to 1st to get a better view at certain times, like in combat.

I get motion sickness really bad in first-person games, so I don't really have much say in the matter. I have to do it or I will get a bomber of a headache that lays me out for a day or so.

TheCommanders

ohmygodimonfire
Nov 30, 2011
Personally, when I'm running around from place to place, or exploring outdoors, I use third person. When I'm in combat, or exploring indoors, or sneaking, I use first person. I do like third person, because it lets you see more of your character/equipment than just your hands.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
I use both. 3rd person for travelling in the overworld and in towns, 1st person for dungeons. Though it's mainly because using the opposite camera for either is terrible; 3rd in dungeons blocks your view and makes picking stuff up very hard, and if you only use 1st whilst travelling you're likely to have stealth ninja bears/sabrecats jump you.

Oh, and totally off topic, but what the hell is going on with the site today? Random words in peoples posts are coming up as bluelink pop-ups for things like games and toilet paper. Am I the only one seeing this?

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Most of the time I play in first person as combat and movement seem more manageable.

However when I'm just walking across the great plains of Skyrim, I will probably switch to the fully zoomed out third person view and soak in the scenery.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Play most Bethesda games in third person. Mostly 'cause the body-and-leg-less first person floating-camera-with-floating-arms mode looks bad. Both in animations and general appearance (when looking down, there's a whole lot more to see than floating arms, the ground and footprints. Well, most of the time anyway), which is an immersion breaker. Also, in third person all those smexy armours and weapons come into their full right. As do the animations. Watching an epic fight between an orc berzerker in smexy daedric armour wielding a great-axe on one side, and a pack of frost trolls on the other. . . well, from third person it looks gorgeous, with fluid animations (well, sort of) and all things blending together beautifully. From first person, it's two hands holding a stick with something on the end of it flying in and out of view with some big white furry blobs in front.

That said, whenever picking up items/aiming ranged weapons/moving things/taking a close look/solving puzzles it's first person time.

Also generally prefer first person shooters over third person shooters, mostly because of how the aiming works. Still hate the floating-arm-with-gun thing going on.

Funnily enough, when playing Mount and Blade (any of them) it's always first person. Probably because there's a first person body.

Chris Tian

May 5, 2012
I spent a lot of time in both. Melee fighting is always such ja clusterfuck in first person, but aiming in ranged combat is alot better. So I switch it up depending on the weapon I currently use.