Poll: Skyrim: The Armour complaint.

The Woolly One

Nov 25, 2010
If they were removing some armour slots for no reason the debate would be understandable.

Seeing as they removed 1 or 2 slots - meaning the option for customization is still there - so that they can have more characters on screen and better graphics to ensure the world they are making is more believable then I think the people complaining are seriously missing the point.

Which is better?
6 armour slots
5 armour slots, better graphics, more characters on screen

Having the ability to buy upper body armour and lower body armour instead of just body armour isn't worth the price of a less believable world.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I'm very skeptical about the armor decision but having an increased number of high level armors is definitely a plus for TES. If you're rping a paladin in Morrowind, you're going to end up in full daedric... which makes 0 sense. I'm looking forward to more unique sets and some fucking variety within armor classes.

The Woolly One

Nov 25, 2010
Ironic Pirate said:
Stall said:
Why doesn't Bethesda just drop the act and make Skyrim an action game? It's clear they don't give a shit about RPGs anymore. Can they just drop the pretense already and say they just want to make action games?
I agree. All real RPGs have the latest and most in-depth pants options available. I mean, Morrowind let you leave your fly open, and that came out years ago!
Saints Row the Third will be the greatest game ever:

you have the option of NO PANTS AT ALL. You can even choose NO UNDERWEAR.

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
The Woolly One said:
If they were removing some armour slots for no reason the debate would be understandable.

Seeing as they removed 1 or 2 slots - meaning the option for customization is still there - so that they can have more characters on screen and better graphics to ensure the world they are making is more believable then I think the people complaining are seriously missing the point.

Which is better?
6 armour slots
5 armour slots, better graphics, more characters on screen

Having the ability to buy upper body armour and lower body armour instead of just body armour isn't worth the price of a less believable world.
Or third option reintegrate some things you got rid of because you try to squeeze out the best graphics on consoles and then have to cut out things because the hardware can't handle it. (short lower the graphic detail on consoles)

Well, or just don't develop it for consoles if you have to cut out stuff when you want to keep the graphics... (flames incoming - but note that I play on consoles and PC :p)

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
My main annoyance is because I like to mix the best looking pieces of armour. I spent most oblivion with dwarvern greaves.. II was annoyed that they got rid of my ability to have seperate pauldrons or seperate gauntlets. The customisation is gone.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
this isnt my name said:
Noooo not the numbers, my head it hurts.

What pisses me off is how they sacrafice GAMEPLAY for GRAPHICS. I am playing a fucking rpg, if I wanted shit to shine I would be playing fucking crysis. i put up with DAOs terrible graphics and limited npcs. DAO sold well and was well accepted. hy sacrafice the thingthat adds to a game for something so petty.
The worst thing is, i'm a console gamer, (my PC just dies whenever i try to run something more complicated then minecraft) and i loved all the stats in oblivion, they didn't seem like BIG, CONFUSING NUMBERS, they seemed useful.
And isn't the best thing about current gen games that we can have both great gameplay AND great graphics?
But i'm still pretty hyped, let's just hope they don't fuck it up TOO much :p

AwesomeNinjaPowers

May 31, 2009
I shall look fab no matter what the armor looks like. And this mostly sounds like fanboy whinging to me. Bless them it's what they live for =D

Nightmare-Child

Jul 14, 2010
I am not going anywhere near Skyrim, until they get some of the inevitable bugs worked out. This is a Bethesda game after all.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Simply put, people just want a reason to whine about the game.
I say fuck 'em. It looks awesome, even if I lose ONE ARMOUR PIECE. OOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOO

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
I never did like the way armour was combined together in Oblivion. I loved making my character look however I wanted in Morrowind. Sure most of the time I gave him armour from the same set, different sets would look odd, but it still makes you feel more free than being forced to wear each part of the same set. And it was annoying in Oblivion when I wanted to wear the Black Hand robes as well as those boots you get from Teinaava but couldn't.
I'm not really that bothered about it, it'd just be nice to see it go back to Morrowind's way of handling equipment. At least Bethesda's reasons for it show they care about the game itself, I guess.

EDIT: But the people bitching about it like you mentioned are just fucking stupid.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
GrizzlerBorno said:
DP155ToneZone said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Just so ya know, I'm a PC gamer who likes stats....
Not to sound like a wierdo or something, but that is such an endearing for a girl to say.

/suggestiveeyebrowwaggling
I like how your accidental double posting of that comment, made it much MORE weird than you feared the comment itself to be. Lol XD
Although the term 'endearing' feels kind of patronising it did make me laugh.

The PC I'm purchasing for Skyrim would make more than your eyebrows waggle...I'm so freaking excited. :D:D:D:D

Conn1496

Apr 21, 2011
I have to admit. It would make no difference. But I'm the sort of person who would rather customise than care about armor. Armor has no need when you have magic. =3

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Kahunaburger said:
CD-R said:
The Lost Big Boss said:
Not an issue. Mods will fix that.
Will they though? Were there Oblivion mods that added back the extra armor slots?
And more. I recall installing a mod that allowed me to equip my wizard with goggles, sunglasses, or a monocle.
Well then I guess it's not even an issue then. For PC players anyway.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Stall said:
Why doesn't Bethesda just drop the act and make Skyrim an action game? It's clear they don't give a shit about RPGs anymore. Can they just drop the pretense already and say they just want to make action games?
I know right, take away ONE PIECE OF ARMOUR and you might as well take away the quest system leveling up the huge open world and the dialogue choice

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
It's all about removal of options, like when spears were removed from Oblivion. I think that the trade-off is reasonable, but I don't really think it should be necessary - if the tech can't handle that, then the tech isn't good enough for a TES game.

Also remember that there were 9 armour pieces in Morrowind, compared to 5 in Skyrim. It's not exactly a small difference.
dont remind me... morrowind was my first ever proper RPG and it confused the living hell out of me for a while before i could wrap my head around all of it. oblivion was easy afterwards :).