Poll: Skyrim- Who did you side with and why?

Arrogancy

Jun 9, 2009
Empire. First off, I wasn't going to help destroy the empire I helped salvage in Oblivion (admittedly things have changed). Second, Ulfric doesn't really have much ground to stand on. He keeps going on about "Bleeding for an empire that won't bleed for us." Which is immediately contradicted by the fact that the empire has troops in Skyrim as much to protect the citizenry as to stop the civil war. Also, the only thing that anyone seems to be able to point to as a sign of the empire oppressing Skyrim is the White-Gold Concordant, which they didn't really have much say in anyway. Lastly, Skyrim's independence largely benefits only the Thalamor, and fuck those guys.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I sided with The Empire.

For one, my first character was meant to be an "evil" charater and I figured that The Empire were indeed the "bad guys" so I joined up with them. Though I was really pleased with my choice and, even if playing a "good" character, I couldn't see myself aligning with Ulfric. If you ask me he's an arrogant, ambitious, power-hungry jackass.

I don't think he murdered the previous king. I understand that they had a duel as was tradition and Ulfric won. But good god, have you ever spoken to the man? He's an asshole of the highest order! I just REALLY couldd't stand his attitude and as such was absolutely delighted when I got the chance to melt his face off with my lightning laser-beam-o-death (Master level lightning spell).

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
imperials all the way
i just didn't like that attitude of the stormcloaks
not even the racism but just that attitude of "we are the best and we know how to do things right"
maybe because i'm not really a fan of any rebel group... mostly they go about things the completely wrong way and sometimes they are just plain wrong
so yeah i'm always way more suspicious of rebel groups than huge empires

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
I went with the Imperials, because they have the best chance of stopping the Thalmor. They're the lesser of two evils. I'm disappointed there was no "Wild Card" option to take over Skyrim yourself though.

fubaring0

Apr 30, 2011
Elcarsh said:
TheKasp said:
Again, it's always interesting to see that most people have no fucking clue what "racist" is. The are actual resons for the behaviour of the Stormcloaks.
So, what are the reasons for banning khajiit and argonians from living inside the walls of Windhelm?

Come on, you know as well as I do that they're a bunch of flaming racists. It's literally the only reason for their hostility against those two races.
The Elves enslaved both of these races the Stormcloaks are way less hateful than the Thalmor trust me.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
ivansnick said:
Imperials because Ulfric is a pethetic excuse for a Jarl and
He is an unwiting pawn of the Thalmore.
So Imperials as the only group I dislike are those that run Alinor/summerset Isle.

I will happily slaughter my way through Every thalmor I see if the DLC takes me to Alinor.

Also the concept goes "divide and conquer" If the Empire were to loose Skyrim like it lost Valenwood, Elswyre and Hammerfell it would be left with only Cirodil, Morrowind High Rock and Black Marsh (and Morrowind doesn't really count after the Loss of Vivec City).

So As a result I Shout "The Emperor Protects!!"
Actually, it would just be left with High Rock and Cyrodil. All of the others are gone (Black Marsh left the Empire ages ago, and the Argonians conquered Morrowind too).

I sided with the Stormcloaks. I think they're a little less corrupt/amoral than The Empire (though they're certainly not perfect), and they stand a better chance of defending themselves against The Thalmor than what's left of The Empire. I'd go into more detail, but I've answered this thread way too many times.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
almostgold said:
Stormcloaks the whole way.

Whether you think that a straightforward attitude is a good one to have ( I do), I think everyone can agree that he a fucking badass.

I find Ulfric to be the better leader.

I think a Skyrim and Hammerfell united against the Thalmor stands a better hope than a broken, unpopular Empire lying to themselves that they will one day be strong enough.

The Empire allows foreign agents to roam their lands, capture their people, torture, and kill them.

The Empire tried to cut off my head.

Vikings > Romans

ULFRIC'S VOICE. Yee gods, its like a Scandinavian Morgan Freeman who only talks about honor, freedom, and fighting.
I'm going to sneak up behind you, steal this answer, and use it as my own. Good luck stopping me. I have 100 ranks in both Sneak and Pickpocket.

cahtush

Jul 7, 2010
TheKasp said:
Elcarsh said:
TheKasp said:
Again, it's always interesting to see that most people have no fucking clue what "racist" is. The are actual resons for the behaviour of the Stormcloaks.
So, what are the reasons for banning khajiit and argonians from living inside the walls of Windhelm?

Come on, you know as well as I do that they're a bunch of flaming racists. It's literally the only reason for their hostility against those two races.
Read up what happened in Vvardenfell. Because this is also the reason for the number of Dark Elfes in Windhelm. It's literally fear that the Argonians will do the same thing again.
About the dunmer, Ulfric and the stormcloaks forces them to live in a run down ghetto like the nazis did to the jews and the whole "skyrim for the nords" isint racist? Ulfric even refused to go down to the grey quaters to see the shape the place is in.

Jun 11, 2008
Even though I answered this in a thread not long ago it is the Empire. The Stormcloaks are useless racist pricks that would only end up serving the Thalmor aims by proxy. Division of the already weakened Empire would just serve their purposes.

Ulfric just comes off as a power hungry, greedy, asshole when actually talking to him in his keep. This and he is even more racist than the other Nords which is saying something. People can ***** about the Treaty between the Thalmor and the Empire but it was basically a Treaty of Versailles situation.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
1st character: stormcloak because the imperials almost killed me for no reason.

2nd character: empire because I wanted to see their side of the civil war questline.

3rd character: did not side with either because the SCs are racist dicks and the empire is a weakened mess that doesn't deserve it's former glory.

HandsomeZer0

Dec 6, 2010
To be honest, After a few playthroughs of Skyrim I am much more inclined to side with the Imperials now. After all the Stormcloak racism and BS that came with it, it hit me that Ulfric is a totally incompetent leader. His government is in shambles and he is making the situation worse. What hit me most was the forsworn, how the Nords/Stormcloak at large would remove them from their homes and imprison them, yet Ulfric gets to play crybaby when he murders someone and gets sentenced to death. So I see no righteous Stormcloak cause if they will willingly kill and expel someone from foreign land, yet when it happens to them they just ***** about it. FOR THE EMPIRE!

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
My Cyrodil-native Nord tried to stay impartial, refusing to kill any Imperials or Stormcloaks. Eventually though he sided with the Stormcloaks after dealing with the Thalmor personally. Though it's more of a lesser of two evils options for him.

However my born and bred Skyrim Nord was a supporter from the start, taking delight in slaughterng the Imperials that had him on the chopping block. He followed Ulfric right from the beginning, it was just the way he was raised.

I haven't got any Empire supporting characters yet. I just can't find the motivation to join them.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Rex Dark said:
Imperials.
I like the Roman Empire.
All the organization...
The legions...
Good times...
And then they lost their old values when they started worshipping a single god and the empire started to crumble...
Umm... No. The Roman Empire fell because they overextending themselves in their conquests and were unable to control it all. The fall of the Roman Empire had nothing to do with the conversion from their former nationalistic/pagan religion to Roman Catholicism. If anything, the conversion made the Roman Empire more united than it was before the conversion.

Maybe you're just making a joke, or maybe you're just pointing out a correlation between the two things. Either way, I had to respond and ask that you not post misleading things about history. We have enough of that crap on the rest of the internet.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Stormcloaks.

1. I'm a Nord, so thats just personally gratifying.

2. They banned Talos so fuck those guys.

3. They bent their knee to the Thalmor, so fuck those guys.

4. Skyrim can probably defend itself better standing alone then by being attached to a dieing empire.

5. The Empire tried to kill me, so once and for all, fuck those guys.