Poll: So, do you talk to yourself ?

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Oh god, I have full conversations with myself. I have friends. I promise. But yeah, I don't do it with other people around. Although they probably hear me anyway.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Yes. And I use different voices, and each one has it's own persona. Which is a little strange now I come to think of it.

And I was having a full arguement with myself the other day over some choice, and walked round a corner, and walked into someone. Who asked me what I was doing, and without thinking i said "Do you mind, I'm in the middle of something?"
Then realised what I said.
I'm an idiot.

floopdawoop

Jun 26, 2010
I have the "future" or "hope-to-have" conversations as well, though they seem to end in the same way most of the time:
"Did you know I talk to myself? In fact, I'm doing it right now!"

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
All the time. Talking and singing to myself is pretty much the only way I've been able to keep myself relatively sane doing warehouse work this summer. It's got to the point where I'll talk to myself even when people are around. I get some weird looks, but whatever. We all have our ways of staving off boredom, and mine is arguing with myself.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
If left alone for an extended period of time I shall inevitably begin to soliloquise; most often when I've been left alone in the house, but sometimes when others are in a different room, which will result in me becoming immediately silenced and embarrassed should they walk into earshot. >.

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
Sometimes when I'm trying to figure something out, though I often just mumble.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
I find I can think more clearly if I hear my thoughts aloud. I do it to make my thoughts more concrete, not as if I was actually speaking to anyone, or anything. If my house is empty save for me, I'll likely forgo my internal monologue entirely to talk instead, until I run out of breath.

Maybe I just like the sound my own voice.

Maybe it sets a regular pace for my thoughts.

Not entirely sure why, exactly. It's just more comfortable for me.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
I usually don't talk to myself. I talk the the air around me. Sometimes just start having conversations with no one. Of course I know I'm not talking to anyone... I'm not crazy... It's maybe just relaxing to have a conversation and be able to control every aspect of it?
Not sure.

Sometimes I say lines in odd accents when playing games. The games never respond though....

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Yes, I tend to be conscious of it in front of people, but I do it anyway when I deep think.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
It's mostly in my head, but i regularly talk to myself. Even in public.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Very surprised by the poll, I guess most people just don't like to admit it.

I tend to have pretend conversations ahead of a real conversation I think I'll have later so I can better communicate. That's sounds pretty silly thinking about it.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
A lot...and sometime in public. It calms me down and I can asses any situation when I talk to myself.

It is very interesting to do so. ^_^

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
I have not slept since monday, so at the moment, Yes, I am most certainly talking to myself, and I am almost approaching my old 120 WPM typing speed tonight I havent seen since before I was shot. WHEEEEEEE!

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I talk to myself all the freaking time. My voice is like sweet nectar to the air. And who gives a damn to anyone who thinks differently? That's right, no one.