Poll: So, do you talk to yourself ?

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011

Seriously though, not very often, I'm quite a silent person even when I'm alone.

Final First

Feb 13, 2012
I picked other because I both swear at objects that piss me off or players that are pissing me off. I also talk to myself in my head regularly, but not aloud. I also imagine talking to other people in my head (God I must be lonely). Usually when I'm talking to myself in my head, I'm shouting at myself for no particular reason and even respond...

bulbasaur765

May 1, 2010
Yes, all the time. My friends and family tell me to stop, but it helps keep my thoughts in order.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
My most frequent use is when I stub my toe or otherwise hurt myself, or when something falls. But I do it regularly enough otherwise I voted for "regularly" when people aren't around. I occasionally say something to myself when people are around, but mostly when I'm trying to figure out something complex.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Oh cool glad I'm not the only crazy person around!

Yes, talk to myself all the time.

uhddh

Sep 27, 2011
I talk to myself to the extent where it's probably unhealthy. Even when people are around I'll probably descend into a conversation with myself about 40% of the time.

ATRAYA

Jul 19, 2011
I talk to myself as often as I can, because I tend to learn things, strangely enough. Even some things that I never would have thought of on my own.

Why am I only NOW realizing how insane that sounds?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Yes, all the time actually, I tend to make some good points, anyway, seriously I do my guess is that because I have nobody to talk to I just speak to myself, sadly most people just think I'm crazy, and well there was that time that I spent 2 hours talking to a tray filled with bacon, I don't remember why I did it or why what we were talking about but the people who were there still bring it up every time I see them.

But anyway, yes I often do and in public, I couldn't care less what people think of me, but when I'm thinking about something I have to bounce ideas, so I normally assume 2 different stances on a topic and walk around arguing stances with myself, at least enough people have seen me that if I were to commit a crime I'd have enough witnesses that would say I'm insane, so that's a plus, though to be fair everybody has always said I'm crazy, I don't know why I seem pretty sane to me but I guess people like to exaggerate stuff.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
No, I only talk to the voices in my head.

They tell me to burn things.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Yep.
But not in the "holding a conversation with myself" way but if I am thinking something I usually say what I am thinking because that makes it so much clearer to me.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
Regularly, although less so when other people are around, although that's mostly because then I can talk to them. That and they start asking me questions when I'm mumbling to myself. Mostly I'm just putting my thoughts in order, not because I'm slowly going nuts.

purplecactus

Jun 25, 2012
Used to be a 'always whenever alone/sometimes with people' person, then I lived on my own and turned into a 'always even with people' person. It's all good though, my housemates knew I wasn't quite on the same sanity level as them to begin with, so no questions are asked.

Uncreative

Oct 29, 2009
I've discovered I have an easier time remembering things that I've explained to someone else.

Just trying to phrase it in a coherent manner helps, even if the person I'm talking to doesn't ask questions, or care, or exist in any tangible fashion.

So, uh. Fairly frequently.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
all the god damn time. by myself, in front of people. When I'm angry or if I'm trying to work through a problem ("no that won't work, unless... no I'll have to...").

Confuses the fuck out of other people and I often have to explain that I'm talking to myself.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Yes, often. It's the only way I can be sure of an intelligent conversation.

Also yes, I mercilessly ripped that off, shut ya face.