Poll: So, do you talk to yourself ?

The Ubermensch

Mar 6, 2012
Is talking to a tulpa really talking to ones self?

I have two, Gunnery Sergeant Heartman from Full Metal Jacket and Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell... They yell a lot... Heartman calls me a cum guzzler a lot and Motoko assaults me on my motivations.

>.>
<.<

I don't have a problem, really

klown

Jun 6, 2012
I talk to myself all the time, I am right now as I write this. I tend to play through conversations in my head and then criticize my responses to my questions for being to wordy, or being too rude. I'll do it to the point where I'll talk myself out of interacting with the person, because my responses to the questions I think they'll ask are terrible, so I'll just keep quiet.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
I talk to myself quite frequently, and I'd probably look totally nuts if anyone caught me. Especially when I'm using different accents.

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
Talking to the cat doesnt count! because then youre talking to the cat! :D but i talk to myself all the time.. they say its a sign of intelligence.. so im a friggin genius! :D but i do get a fair few weird looks from people, oh well their loss.

Call me Baz

Nov 26, 2011
Always

I even have conversations with myself, often when I start along a train of thought, realise that my point isn't related to the topic at hand then I discuss with myself why I began to think of my previous point.

I also give myself grief over mistakes in League of Legends when I do something stupid (which is far too often for the amount of hours I've put into that game by now)

Mauler

Jul 11, 2012
Who doesn't, I do even when i know someone is passing by me on street. I do it because im boring to and like stimulating conversation, to promote new ideas and pass time.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
I have been doing it at work for ten years and now all my colleauges do it.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Vamantha

Aug 2, 2011
Yes regularly, but it's usually when I'm at home. I grew up as an only child in the middle of no where to a couple of really fucked up people. I would talk to myself through the use of stuffed animals as a little kid and later stopped talking through the toys. I think I do it because I'm really lonely and feel like I'm the only person who truly understands. I also like the noise of another person.

Hunter65416

Oct 22, 2010
Sometimes, when im reading or writing something usually.. I do it non-voluntarily so it can happen at unfortunate moments like when im typing in a password

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Talking aloud actually really helps when trying to think through possible options or scenarios. I have so many things in my head most of the time that it's the only way to stay focused!

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I don't talk to myself, I just think outloud. Which means I can still say I'm sane.

"Yes, it's the only way I can be sure of intelligent conversation."
--- Blackadder

(Had to put that one in there)

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Just to bump my word count for the day. Mainly joking notes to self so I seem interesting to others.

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Well i live by myself so the flat feels a little empty at times so i chat to myself, sometimes in funny accents as well. I do a pinky and the brain routine

"urrr brain what are we doing tonight?"
"cooking dinner pinky why do you ask"
"zarf just wondering"

I'm probably going insane but at least i'm smiling! :3

Fredvdp

Apr 9, 2009
I swear at myself when messing up in a game. Whenever I talk to myself in other situations, it's usually swearing for some reason.

At home I can talk to my dog.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Lunar Templar said:
Eclpsedragon said:
I talk to myself all the time.
Sometimes even full on conversations.
Sometimes myself answers back.
i've done that to,

:D some times, its the only way to have intelligent conversation
Talking with actual people is never as awesome as talking with yourself.

It's almost like a book to movie adaptation,
the real thing is never as good as you pictured it in your mind, so the end result is a disappointment.

karcentric

Dec 28, 2011
I always mutter to myself, hell I'll snap at people who look at me when I'm muttering to myself.