Poll: So I just met my lesbian neighbors...

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
I grew up getting my ball from their gardens, I know them all.

Don't like them all, but they all know the kid that they saw grow up.
(now 18 years old)

Only two of my neighbours moved.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Master Steeds said:
i dont mean to be rude or invasive or anything, but do you have like two personalities or schizophrenia or something, with the Jack and Calumon thing? or you just do it because you like to?

im not judging or anything, just curious.... (feel free not to answer if you dont feel comfortable telling me
You have a right to be curious my good sir. After all, if a man walked down the street with hair 8 foot tall and purple and only you seem to find it strange around where you are, you have a right to be curious.

I am not ill mentally in such a way that Calumon has manifested as something. If that were the case, The Escapist would be a very uncomfortable place to be. Actually, it wouldn't, as I'm not sure Asylums get good internet connection.

I do indeed do this for fun, for me and all who do find it enjoyable. I love it and so do others, so I continue. Been going well over a year now.

For more info, look at this thread. Reading it is optional.

Calumon: Jack, everytime someone asks that, can I have a cake?

Jack: If that happened, you'd become fat, I'd become broke and the bakers would retire.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Where my parent live and I stay on weekends ,we used to be great friends with most of the neighbors,ow most of them have moved away and we really haven't tried to make friends with the new ones .As for my apartment the only person I semi know is an older woman who keeps trying to bum cigarettes off me.The thing is I don't smoke and I've told her as much yet she continues to ask.

thetruefallen

Mar 12, 2008
i've lived on the same street for 15 years now and once apon a time when i was a kid i knew all the kids in my street and all the parents talked to each other, all the men in the street knew each other and beer was the universal currency.

by the time i was leaving high school it all turned to shit when some people rented out there house and some stuff got stolen and some dogs got poisoned, bad times. most of the families either moved away or went into lock down. you only talked to people you trusted, walled your self off from the ones who you didn't.

the era of the block parties were over and so dawned the age of the street war.

MrFluffy-X

Jun 24, 2009
Pearwood said:
MrFluffy-X said:
i hate most of my neighbors, but why is the lesbian part relevant?:s
Are you saying you'd have clicked on a thread named "Do you know your neighbours"? The guy knows how to get attention.

On topic I only know them well enough to know there's not much interesting about them. I don't mind them but I don't particularly feel the need to be friendly.
Well, clearly that was the objective of the title, but why? For a hot thread?

But when you're right - you're right, I would have never commented or even had a glance at this topic if I knew it would be this mundane.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
I've kinda gotten to know a few of our neighbours, to speak too. Most of them are fairly nice.. however..

Our immediate neighbour however is a Homes West property.. to those not in Western Australia, this means government housing basically.

When there was a tenant, she lived with her five young children and her convicted burglar, abusive, husband.. who's very presence was against the terms of her lease. When he got jailed, again, she took off.. leaving the filth they lived in, their dogs, and drugs in the house until we finally called the RSPCA once we, and other neighbours, realised it was abandoned.

Over a year later it is still abandoned, overgrown and was only cleaned out because we made a complaint to the local council.

Government housing here is a joke, they allow them to live in regular neighbourhoods without enforcing behavioural standards upon them. These homes are regularly found to be drug labs, or a complete disruption to the lives of people around them.

In England, I grew up in a government housing estate where my parents knew the very simple rules... all bills paid on time, no antisocial behaviour, no criminal convictions or behaviour for anyone who lives in the house. Any breach of th4ese rules meant immediate eviction regardless of circumstances, family size, right on the street and any outstanding fees taken form the governments choice of your belongings no matter how valuable to you personally they might be. Sadly, as a home owner here in Australia I need to put up with this garbage as I have no rights...

Sarcastic_Applause

Dec 1, 2010
Jack and Calumon said:
Master Steeds said:
i dont mean to be rude or invasive or anything, but do you have like two personalities or schizophrenia or something, with the Jack and Calumon thing? or you just do it because you like to?

im not judging or anything, just curious.... (feel free not to answer if you dont feel comfortable telling me
You have a right to be curious my good sir. After all, if a man walked down the street with hair 8 foot tall and purple and only you seem to find it strange around where you are, you have a right to be curious.

I am not ill mentally in such a way that Calumon has manifested as something. If that were the case, The Escapist would be a very uncomfortable place to be. Actually, it wouldn't, as I'm not sure Asylums get good internet connection.

I do indeed do this for fun, for me and all who do find it enjoyable. I love it and so do others, so I continue. Been going well over a year now.

For more info, look at this thread. Reading it is optional.

Calumon: Jack, everytime someone asks that, can I have a cake?

Jack: If that happened, you'd become fat, I'd become broke and the bakers would retire.
Gotta say about the 'Jack and Calumon' thing. i really like the idea, much like when there's a three-way conversation, Plus, i enjoy the idea of having a digimon/pokemon that shares it's opinion, apart from the millions of samey, squishy humans.

I used to know my neighbours, but they've since fled to the countryside, so i mostly just keep to myself. It probably doesnt help that i answer the door with a Bo Staff, but, what the hell? It's my house, i'll carry a weapon if i want to.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
I have one mega-nosy neighbor who knows everyone so i know him whether or not i want to (its cool, he's a nice guy just lonely), as to the rest i have a prison guard who lives across the way and is probably the goofiest person i ever met, and another guy who spends half of the year on holiday, as to the rest, no clue

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
I don't know that many people in my neighborhood outside my street and to be honest, I really don't care who most of those people are. As long as they don't do crap that attracts the police like making meth then I'm fine with them.

Riku'sTwilight

Dec 21, 2009
Clearly not many people in this thread are British...

Neighbourley-ness here is virtually frowned upon, it is weird to know your neighbours, even if you live in a small community. It's just one of those things nowadays that its not expected of people to be friendly to one another if you live next door.

And for the most part WHY would you want to? People are odd and weird and everyone has their own little customs which make other people feel uneasy.
That's why in todays society you mainly hang out with people who have common interests, and if those people happen to be your neighbours then hurray for you, but a majority of the time your neighbours are going to be so different to you.
Just because you live next door to someone, doesn't mean you have to be all buddy buddy with them

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
On one side of me:

Some local people. Don't know 'em, wouldn't really care if I did. Seem ok.

On the other side:

A bunch of loudmouth, inconsiderate, dickhead Chavlaks. If you're wondering what a Chavlak is, it's a cross between a Chav and a Polak. Frequent loud, shitty music, been sat outside babbling away in Polish until 6 in the morning on more than one occasion, constant banging of the side gate and leaving it open, flicking cigarette butts into our garden. I'm pretty sure none of them work either, apart from the older lass who lives there, but I haven't seen her going out or returning for ages.

And then the Politically Correct crowd wonder why so many people are concerned with immigration here in the UK? /rant

EDIT: OT: So no, don't know any of them. :p

djs.specs

Dec 14, 2010
I don't know if it says more about me or the forums I frequent, but I was expecting this poll to be about whether or not you should hit them up for a threesome. I'm pleasantly surprised that its not.

To answer the question - I sorta know the neighbour on one side as he's the son of the previous owner (she died a few months back). Said 'G'day' to his missus a few times, but we've never been introduced. I know Beryl in #2, I used to know Helen in #3. I know the guy in #7 is a pilot (I think his name is Greg?) and his girlfriend is a hostie. Paul used to live next door to me in #6, but he's been replaced by a young Indian couple.

No idea about the people on the in #8-10.

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
I live in a 9 square meter studio (about 96 square feet) in a building with four other such studios. One of them is on the same floor as mine (two others are on the first floor, aka ground floor, and the last one is the attic studio).
A few days ago I heard that the guy who lived in the studio next to mine vanished. We share a wall. Not only did I not realise he had disappeared, but I don't even know what he looks like. Actually, I don't know what any of the other tenants look like except for one on the ground floor because she always sits at her windows so I see her when I get home. There is also a guy I've seen plenty of times but he's the attic girl's boyfriend, not an actual tenant (I assume he's her boyfriend. The mail for that studio is addressed to a female and he rings when he goes there, and he seems to be there every day. I assume they're at least close but he doesn't live there enough to have the keys).

In my previous places... let's see I lived in a house in California and talked to the guys from the house behind us because the fence we shared fell. Before that in Canada I lived two years and didn't know what any of my neighbours looked like or what their names were (and there were like five apartments per floor at least, and 3 floors). Before that I knew the neighbours I shared a floor with (just one apartment) and said hi when seeing them around, and I think they borrowed salt from me once or something. Before that the whole floor was my family's apartment and I didn't know the neighbours from the other floors. And I'll stop here because prior to that I was a kid/teenager and I don't really remember much, although I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have known my neighbours very well either.

I do remember that a neighbour from the place where I lived between ages 3 and 8 had a pet snake, and that he let us pet his snake, and that he (the snake) was warm when I expected it to be cold for some reason. I also think in retrospect that it was the coolest neighbour ever, but I only saw him that one time.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
brodie21 said:
considering i live in a dorm/ apartment complex i consider myself lucky i know the girls across the hall. unlike my roomate who WATCHES VIDEOS OF VIDEO GAMES.

can someone tell me why he does this instead of actually playing them?
if its lets plays:
its cheeper/his computer cant run them

if its like MLG/statecraft:
because there fun to watch