Poll: So I just met my lesbian neighbors...

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Beer, Barbecue and more beer are the cornerstones of any good neighborhood. Me having a godly internet connections is good for getting to know any LAN gamer in the neighborhood.

Gizmo

May 4, 2009
I have no idea of the people right beside me however a long childhood friend of my lives two houses down, come to think of it I have a bunch of friends on the same street as me and the one that attaches behind. Just don't know my actual neighbors.

Kenny Kondom

Oct 8, 2009
Im afraid to go out of the house in my Student house. I might get stabbed =S
It is also 2 minutes away from the Dudley Road. Anyone whom showed any interest in the Riots just gone in Birmingham knows about that Road, as that was where three Asian Gents got "Hit'n'Run" to death. Not a fun neighbourhood...

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
I only "know" the neighbors in the house next door. Their driveway is right alongside ours and our houses are only separated by a fence. I live in my dad's house and supposedly the family next door were good friends with both my parents and their parents. I talk with them occasionally if they talk to me, but otherwise I don't know them that much.

MaVeN1337

Feb 19, 2009
My first thought when I saw this was "Fire up the night vision binoculars."

Anyways, Yeah I know most of my neighbors. Not well, But we've all spoken with one another at some point. Nice people. Never had anyone complain during loud parties or drumming.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
All I really know about my neighbours is that the Mother really needs to learn how to properly communicate with her children, that she can't handle being a mother at all, that she's constantly fucking screaming at said kids and that said kids can't go more that 2 hours or so without starting to cry. To top it all off, the walls are very very thin.

Seriously...I haven't gotten a decent nights/mornings sleep in about 2 years because of either the woman screaming or the kids crying. Yeah, it's probably a petty thing for me to complain about but I'm tired goddammit...literally.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
i know none of my neighbors. partly cause im not very social and partly cause my dad gets drunk an screamed at my neighbors when they get drunk. and one of my neighbors plays loud music like from 2-5 am which is annoying if you have school/work the net day.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
We used to live in a rather poor neighborhood. We literally knew everyone, and they were all the nicest people in the world, despite having some serious social problems (Alcoholics, one neighbor did a few too many pranks, even drug problems).

We used to have parties in the middle of the street (it was a cauldesac), where everyone was invited to just hang out.

When I moved the second time to a little bit of a better neighborhood, it wasn't quite the same. We were friends with a few of the kids on the blocks, but the parents never really talked to one another.

The third time and final time we ever moved was to the nicest neighborhood I've been in. there's a few kids my age on the street we live on, but I never really made the effort to get to know them.

Moral is... Rich people aren't as fun I guess.

Vesuvius Hetlan

Sep 3, 2010
A few. My next-door neighbors are actually gay, but they're really nice. But I don't know many aside from my childhood friend who lives up the street and the afore mentioned couple.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Being that I'm currently in college, I know my suitemates and the people in the suites near me, so yeah, I know most people around me.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
I know a couple by name, but I don't really know my neighbours that well. As it should be, as most of them, from my brief impression of them, are big douche's.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
I know some of my neighbors, but I don't really talk to them. Most of my interaction with them is usually saying "Hi" when I see them and sometimes taking their trash barrels out for them.

I don't particularly like them(probably because I don't know them well enough), but I try to be a good neighbor.

The last place I lived was an apartment in which I lived above the managers and aside from my brothers being dumb occasionally we got along well.

IkeGreil29

Jul 25, 2010
Down here, knowing your neighbors isn't that... critical, or culturally important as in the States. In the States, since most people want to/live in a suburb, they tend to want the whole thing to look nice, so they meet their neighbors and stuff. I only know the people above me, the Bolkovich family, and I got along very well with the patriarch (so to speak) of the family, Elias. He was a brilliant man who died too soon. I also know the people below me, because they have dogs and... well... dogs are cool XD
No, jk, they're actually really cool people who I actually considered worth knowing.
I think it's different in a city as big as Mexico City... or maybe it's mostly the fact that there are no other kids my age in my apartment.

christmasbats

Feb 4, 2011
I'm sorry but why did you feel the need to use labels in your thread title? Besides which my neighbours are good for borrowing flour for cakes and avoiding because next door to the left is the local gossip and curtain twitcher.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
My neighboorhood is pretty friendly, everyone knows eachother except for one couple in a house that seems to shut themselves out from everyone else, in fact i don't even know what they look like despite living on this street for more than 5 years.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
Most of my life, I've never really known or had a chance to be comfortable around my neighbors. It's self-perpetuating too; you never really get to know your neighbors, so any time you get new neighbors, you're never motivated to meet them. I'd say this is probably more common in urban situations, if I had to guess.

On the one hand, I'm not compelled to get all chummy with someone just because we happen to live near each other, but on the other hand, I think I'd like to have that easy-going connection with my neighbors. There's something kind of satisfying about randomly passing someone and having a quick friendly chat. I like it in the same way I'd love to become a regular somewhere, be it a restaurant, coffee shop, or pub. I enjoy a Cheers-y "everybody knows your name" kind of experience now and again.

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
I hate our next door neigbours. They moved in a few years ago single mother with 4 or 5 kids. Each kid has a different dad, with the exception of the twins.

She's gone through like 5 BFs in the few years shes lived next to us. They're always shouting and her current boyfriend threatened to kill our cat, even though we don't often let it outside. Her current boyfriend then threatened us when we said that wasn't cool. and their dog never shuts up, its always crying.

Anyway other stuff has happened and we've filed 2 or 3 police reports against them.

Oh and they threatened to sue us for slander when dad told all the other neigbours what happened. My lawyer uncle laughed.