Poll: So, is anyone here a werewolf or vampire in Skyrim?

DarthVella

Oct 13, 2011
I am a werewolf, although I only use it on the Silver Hand, or when my looting instincts take over.

Gotham Soul

Aug 12, 2008
I was a werewolf, but the perks don't really match the levels you get from having a Well Rested bonus. Transforming was an inconvenience to me because I couldn't use any of my spells or potions (this was problematic as I was playing a spellsword) or loot bodies, and I had a good amount of Cure Disease potions that the Beast Blood active didn't matter.

I just never saw the benefit of vampirism.

Hafnium

Jun 15, 2009
Lots of werewolves in the poll so far, but it does seem pretty neat.
Neither my main, a Dunmer, or a Khajiit which isn't being played atm, are meant to have the "diseases". Going vampire doesn't seem worth the trouble of feeding, but I'm probably going to make an Orc warrior who is a werewolf.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
I caught vampirism accidently and thought id go with it, see what it was like, was one in Oblivion and aside from not being able to go out in the sunlight it was kinda fun,

Skyrim however, well I could go out in sunlight but the inability to regen health, magica and stamina naturally in sunlight was a huge pain and if i forgot to feed, ending up a stage 4 vampire and having everyone attack me was frustrating, still being married gave me someone to feed on regularily (just like in real life, har har)

but eventually the negatives out wieghed positives and the rp/fun factor and I got it cured

Chezza

Feb 17, 2010
I tried Vampire but didn't like it. The concept is great but the need to drink almost every fast ravel bugged me. And if I didn't I could get entire town attacking me or unable to trade during day light which is the only time stores were open.

I am a sneaky assassin character who thought Vampirsm would be a benefit, however since my sneak was maxed out I really don't need it, especially when there were fire breathing dragons. But what I am atm, is a cannibal, much more subtle.

Techsmart07

Mar 5, 2011
Lycanthrope for a bit. Was interesting, but went completely against everything else about the character.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
GothmogII said:
Svenparty said:
I find Werewolf has the least amount of negatives. I'd hate to explore Skyrim in the dark most of the time. I may be biast from becoming a werewolf early on but the Silver Hand seem like a unorganized lot.
You know, I would have actually liked to join the Silver Hand...there's actually very little interaction between the guilds as is, much less any conflict.
I agree, I felt they could have been interesting but were presented in the same way as Oblivion. Would have been nice to been approached half way through the Apprentice quest and offered their gift. As it stands "Werewolf" reminds me of Beserk in Fable 1 where you would beef up and rampage. It's useful but as soon as someone uses Silver you are doomed

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Neither at the moment. I prefer slaughtering everyone with my giant hammer, just feels so satisfying, especially when I take of someones head. I was thinking of trying them on my second character when I get around to it.

Bruenin

Nov 9, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
Bruenin said:
Kopikatsu said:
Both. I have a Werewolf character and a Vampire character.

Of course, I didn't realize the Vampire was a Vampire until I killed my 15th Whiterun Guard.

My bounty in Whiterun is over 23,000 now. And it was all in self defense. Also, Whiterun has too many goddamn guards and I have no idea how to cure the Vampirism.
feed on a sleeping person, you should have a invisiblity vampire ability, sneak into a house out in the field and bite them. Maybe one of those fishing shacks
I just got vampirism, so i'll see if it works for me, All I told you was what I read about it

I got the 'As the sun sets, you feel a hunger...' message and snuck up to a sleeping person in stealth mode, but when I tried to feed it just said ' has already caught you'. While they were sleeping. Every single person in Rorikstead gave me that message.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Svenparty said:
I find Werewolf has the least amount of negatives. I'd hate to explore Skyrim in the dark most of the time. I may be biast from becoming a werewolf early on but the Silver Hand seem like a unorganized lot.
Actually Vampires have their own style of vampire night vision so you don't actually explore everything in the dark, it's more like a trembling purplish hue over everything, it's pretty atmospheric.

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
I don't like how becoming a werewolf is a part of a main questline. Doesn't really give you an option now, does it.

CowboyfromHell666

Jan 14, 2010
TheDarkEricDraven said:
You can be a werewolf in Skryim?...I just got WAY more excited to play it, were I not instead seduced by Saints Row the Third.
Yeah it is pretty sick. And there really isn't any negatives aside from not getting the well rested bonus when you sleep. Personally, I do not mind that since I am 100% resistant to disease. And transforming into one and fucking everyone up is entertaining.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Mimsofthedawg said:
dark-mortality said:
Err... I have to be honest. I have absolutely NO idea how to gain either Lycantrophy or vampirism. I would love to be a werewolf, and I have heard you need to join the companions or something... I have joined them... I still don't have claws of razor doom... *Sadface is sad*
I heard you had to join the Dark Brotherhood... well, specifically, that the DB has both of them, and certain members are willing to turn you into one.

If you ever find a hide out of vampires, simply let them attack you. In doing so they can give you the disease and you have 24 hours to find a shrine to heal yourself and rid yourself of it. Failing that, you turn into a vampire.
Corrections. The DB members won't offer to turn you. You have to join the Companions for werewolf and the vampire disease takes 72 hours to turn you.

Nov 9, 2011
Became werewolf, didn't like it (too vulnerable to ranged attacks) - and I NEVER want vampirism, not since in Oblivion when I decided to wait outside some guy's shop, and during the wait menu it didn't tell me that I was burning to death. As my corpse lay there it took me a while to work out why the hell I'd died just by waiting for 4 hours...

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Werewolf on both of my characters, simply for the 100% resist disease.

And even if it isn't the most effective way for me to fight, it's still really damn fun. Didn't fit with my sneaky Nord first character, but it's going well with my berserker type Orc character.

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
I'm a werewolf, but it's usually inconvenient to use the werewolf form. It lasts for FAR too long to be useful in quick engagements, and you can't even get any decent health regen or use any health potions, so if you encounter an ice mage, you're basically screwed.

However, there's very little in the way of downsides, and you get a 100% poison resistance, so I'd say it's worth it overall.