Poll: So the first Man of Steel teasers are out...

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
The only difference between the trailers is the voice-overs, by the way.

I think they look pretty good. I'm hoping that the story focuses more on how Superman acclimates to this world where he is a total outsider, a literal alien to those around him, rather than just focusing on his powers.

What about you guys?

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I wasn't all that interested in it before but I've gotta say I'm pretty damn intrigued now. I really wanna see more.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Definitely intrigued, looking forward to seeing a full trailer whenever it is released.

Kind of off putting to hear LotR music being played in the teaser. While it worked for the trailer, they could have at least used something new.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Eeeeeh, I dunno. I never really liked Superman, and this trailer just gives off the wrong vibes for me.
I might check it out sometime, but I doubt it'll be around release.

darlarosa

May 4, 2011
What I like is at least the voice over implies that it will focus on Superman protecting our world...and why...I dunno it rings true

Let's be honest if you were this near god like person....if you don't want to dominate us...why on earth should you protect us.

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
Those are quite possibly the greatest trailers of ALL TIME.

I originally was not interested in this reboot but the trailer changed that.

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
Goofguy said:
Kind of off putting to hear LotR music being played in the teaser. While it worked for the trailer, they could have at least used something new.
Well, since they haven't finished the official movie soundtrack, they had to have a placeholder in the trailer, and it worked really well IMO.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I'm not all that much a fan of Superman, but congrats Mr. Nolan.
I am very intrigued.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
Superman is such a dull character, he tends to be way too powerful for any threat to be feasable. (See also: Wolverine) So inevitably because of this the movies and comics tend to be about his character which is as bland as dirty dishwater.

The only good Superman product i've ever had the joy of experiencing was Superman: Doomsday, and to a lesser extent, Superman and Batman: Public Enemies. The trailers did little to inspire faith in me.

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
I never really liked Superman, and this is Nolan's chance to change that. The trailer looks interesting to me...

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
I voted pancakes because they are great and wholesome just like super-man! My thoughts on the trailer though? Meh show me more of supes then I'll form an opinion.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
These didn't really do much for me honestly. I'm interested in seeing a full trailer and a release date. I'm not sure if the trailers set the right tone for the movie unless of course the movies plan on being melancholy in which case I think I'll be passing this one up. I want to be excited for a new Superman movie so maybe by the time there are full trailers I'll be more excited for this one.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Goofguy said:
Definitely intrigued, looking forward to seeing a full trailer whenever it is released.

It's not terribly unusual to have music from another movie in the trailer for a current one. Dragonheart's theme "To the Stars" was used for YEARS after that movie flopped. My bet is the soundtrack isn't finished yet.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
So basically a teaser for a Superman movie can be good as long as superman isn't featured in it?
Ya, sounds about right.

Were it not for the end I would have guessed this was an add for Deadliest Catch or something along those lines.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
I Have No Idea said:
I think they look pretty good. I'm hoping that the story focuses more on how Superman acclimates to this world where he is a total outsider, a literal alien to those around him, rather than just focusing on his powers.
... if he was raised on Earth, by human parents, he'll be pretty damn acclimated already.

Anyway, not much to say about the trailer, though I do like the shaky-cam at the end.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I've been wanting a good Superman movie ever since Spider-Man came out, so it's rather obvious that I'm exited for it, and if anything with Zack Snyder as the director we can assume that it's going to have style, hopefully with Nolan's co-writing it's going to have at least some substance to it, also the few seconds that I glimpsed at the costume, it looks like Superman, Clark[footnote]Or was that guy that was hitching a ride not Clark?[/footnote] looks good I think, overall I really really hopes this kicks ass, because Superman is quite awesome.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
What the heck is this sad little drama thing? Oh wait, there's a guy flying... is this like that one movie with the loser kids with mental powers... wait, this is a superman movie? The hell... That's not how you advertise a superman movie!

Seriously, A good superman trailer shows him saving some poor smuck and being super-heroic not shows us a bunch of meaningless stuff and tries to be sad before one second of superman flying and do jack shit. I am not impressed.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Still peeved that they got Russel Crowe in to be Jor-El. Whoever decided that needs a paddlin'. Otherwise psyched.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I seen the first trailer when I went to see The Dark Knight Rises a couple of nights ago. The music in the teaser trailers sounds really familiar too. I think it is the music from LOTR after the Fellowship runs out of Moria.