Poll: Steak - How do you like yours?

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
Medium rare. That picture at the top there has literally made my mouth water. Damn you! Damn my not being able to afford steak. :(

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Da Orky Man said:
God, I want to eat that picture so much!

I go for medium rare. I don't mind if it's rare, but if it's too rare it's not got a nice texture to it, but too cooked and the taste goes. I like little bit of "blood".

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Close to well done, but with enough pink left that it is still juicy. I like it tough and chewy.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
I used to go well done but I've since switched to medium well for a bit more juicyness and a hint of pink in the middle. I've also started only eating at really nice steakhouses because a lot of restaurants will serve you a chewy mess that will have your jaw aching half way through no matter what temperature you order it at.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Calibanbutcher said:
Where is the option "drowned in a whirlpool alongside my dog and a stranger"?
<link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.386529-Your-steak-and-a-plate-of-bacon-are-drowning-which-do-you-save>Over here.

OT: Medium-rare-ish. I want it to still be juicy.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Back when I still ate steak, I ate them the way my mother prepared/cooked them.
Which was so damned rare that it was juicier than a Fruit Gusher wrapped in a Fruit Rollup.

I never actually had any comparison for how rare it was until I started inviting friends over and they refused to eat it for fear of e-coli. Haha.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Medium well. I don't like anything below that. Too damn chewy. Doesn't matter how "flavorful" the thing is if my jaw falls off :)
What cut of meat are you typically using for steaks? Cause that's the opposite of what should happen, meat gets tougher/chewier as you cook it longer(unless you're talking about braising, but that's another topic).

OP: Medium Rare is the correct and only answer in my opinion. It's the best middle point between the enhanced flavor brought ought through grilling and the tenderness and juiciness of not overcooking.

VonKlaw

Jan 30, 2012
Bloody. Like so bloody you can still feel what I assume must be blood vessels in your mouth. Sooooo nice.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
I hate the texture of red meat, and it never tastes quite right anyways, so I have medium-well done I guess? It's still a little bit pink in the middle...

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
I only eat med-rare steaks. It breaks my heart at work when people order well done steaks. Some people will order a $70 steak well done. Yeah, lemme just cook all of the flavor out for you.

My dad eats his steaks well done. Blasphemer...

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
I would have to go with this:
Eclpsedragon said:
Throw it on the grill just long enough for it to stop mooing.
Although as long as it's not cooked more that medium rare, it's acceptable.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Corax_1990 said:
Medium rare, all the way. Never understood people who get a steak well done, whats the point in even having a steak if you're gonna get all the flavor grilled out?
If you know how to cook properly (and fry rather than grill), then a well-done steak won't have it's flavour impaired at all and depending on how you prepare it, cooking it well-done will actually improve the flavours as certain ingredients crisp and caramelise.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Calibanbutcher said:
<link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.386529-Your-steak-and-a-plate-of-bacon-are-drowning-which-do-you-save>Over here.

That is clearly a differnt steak, since this poll says nothing about having bacon with your steak.
And there isn't a word about dogs either.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Calibanbutcher said:
lacktheknack said:
Calibanbutcher said:

That is clearly a differnt steak, since this poll says nothing about having bacon with your steak.
And there isn't a word about dogs either.
If you don't like it, make your own threa-

Never mind.