Poll: Stupid, offensive and misspelled gamer tags

Crazybuddha56

Aug 10, 2008
Poopking, PwnN00Ber, I8measamdwich. Am I the only one who believes that those who practice such profound stupidity when picking a gamer-tag should be punished? Any-one inane enough to slander the gaming community with their Bullshit retard names should have to find a sensible alternative. We don't tolerate real names such as USUK or Pooplover in the general public, why must we endure their ridiculousness online? Should those persons with idiotic gamer-tags have to replace them with less annoying alternatives?

Co-author: Bubbaroark0451

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Nah, let them be. Usually I can't even remember the person online ID when I play online. It's just a minor annoyance, let them embarass themselfs.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
To be honest I think numbers should be avoided. Therefore, I believe all the tags in your post are dumb and should be changed.

RoundhouseR

Feb 14, 2008
2 words: comic relief. Plus then you can judge someone as a fool before they even speak, so you can know in advance to discount everything they say.

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
Destroy them! If its generally funny like 'General Nuisance', then I'm all for it. If its like 'Jizzlover69', they should be Hammered!

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Nah, some of them can be quite funny. Besides, if I'm making a squad, I can normally make a good guess that those without idiotic or numeric names will be good squad members, regardless of their experience.

Crazybuddha56

Aug 10, 2008
Eldritch Warlord post=9.70262.685877 said:
To be honest I think numbers should be avoided. Therefore, I believe all the tags in your post are dumb and should be changed.
0451 is an allusion to System Shock 2, and sometimes you have a name you like and someone else has it, so you add numbers, hence Crazybuddha56.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Crazybuddha56 post=9.70262.685893 said:
Eldritch Warlord post=9.70262.685877 said:
0451 is an allusion to System Shock 2, and sometimes you have a name you like and someone else has it, so you add numbers, hence Crazybuddha56.
Why not Crazy Buddha
KrazyBuddha
CrazyBuddha
crazybuddha
crazy buddha
Lunatic Buddha
Madman Buddha
Buddha of the Insane Asylum?

surely not all those were taken? And if they were is it really that hard to think of a new name?

But numbers with a meaning are fine as long as the the number isn't 117.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
I'm smug because no one ever takes my tag, GeoDaSponge.

My personal peeves on this subject are:

People who put the word 'sniper' into their name, under the false pretence that it will make them better at using any weapon. It is especially annoying when they mispell 'sniper'.

People who frame their name with Xs. It's not big and it's not clever, it just makes everyone take a few seconds to figure out what there name is.

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
Geo Da Sponge post=9.70262.685932 said:
I'm smug because no one ever takes my tag, GeoDaSponge.

My personal peeves on this subject are:

People who put the word 'sniper' into their name, under the false pretence that it will make them better at using any weapon. It is especially annoying when they mispell 'sniper'.

People who frame their name with Xs. It's not big and it's not clever, it just makes everyone take a few seconds to figure out what there name is.
xDOxYOUxMEANxLIKExTHISx ?

Yeah, that does my tits in too! *grrrr*

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
I think some gamertags with numbers are stupid, like SolidSnake487, for example.

Wow, you're the 487th person to have choose SolidSnake as a name, how fucking original.

Then again, the only harm is done to the fuckwit with that gamertag, so maybe they should be left to face to consequences of their lack of imagination and sadness.

The only ones I think should be changed are offensive and inflammatory names, like N1GG3RH8R or WH1T3P0W3R.

Also X's in a gamertag seems a bit "fruity" to me, since I always read it as a kiss.

My gamertag is Jamash 1803, which is an amalgamation of my first & last name, with the 1803 referring to my date of birth, 18th March, but it also seems like a fine wine, like Chateau Lafite 1787.

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
Crazybuddha56 post=9.70262.685968 said:
Yeah, that does my tits in too! what the hell does that mean!?
It means that it does my head in. It annoys the hell out of me.

Apologies for my English slang.

CancerDog

Aug 3, 2008
Don't mind.
Mine is never taken either, CancerDog.
Although I like Hachi-Roku better, but that one is usually taken if people from Japan play the game.

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
oh i misread the context..i originally thought we were going to be talking about 'n00b, wtfh4x, wtfbbq, etc.' kinda stuff.
soo when i first saw the option 'I am the poopking!!!' i dove for it..I'd retract my vote if i could, but for now i'll just go back to drinking Crunk Juice.

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
Those stupid names shoudln't be banned, they just make my Gamertag and PSN IDs sound cooler. My oblique references to Jean-Luc Godard and Tarantino films will always beat Will5419 or whatnot.

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
Honestly, I find gamertags like those above to be more of an annoyance, however, I drew the line when I was playing Call of Duty 3 with someone named AuschwitzOven.

Finbark

Jul 24, 2008
I don't really care. If it annoys you that much don't play online. Mine's original and doesn't really mean anything, so it's never taken, and not stupid(in my opinion.)

EDITS:
Alphavillain said:
Those stupid names shoudln't be banned, they just make my Gamertag and PSN IDs sound cooler.
That too.
Also, the only names that annoy me are names of characters from popular games(with numbers after them like someone mentioned) and the person's actual name. That just annoys me for some reason.

Crazybuddha56

Aug 10, 2008
Dancingman post=9.70262.686004 said:
Honestly, I find gamertags like those above to be more of an annoyance, however, I drew the line when I was playing Call of Duty 3 with someone named AuschwitzOven.
That is so offensive he should be convicted of a crime against humanity.