Poll: Stupid, offensive and misspelled gamer tags

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
Dys post=9.70262.740939 said:
People with retarded names give me a good indication of who is and who isn't worth talking to.
As such I voted no
Yeah basically. You can almost always tell who the prats are going to be when you look at their nicks.
Attempt at a badass nick: Potentially a prat
Numbers in nick: Usually a prat
oH sO TH@tS WjaT CaPs aRe!?: Kill on sight

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
I hate anyone who has pointless numbers, mispelt words or the words "gangsta" or "ghetto" in their name.
Of course now my live profile is "the Ir0n Ninja" because someone took the name before me. I hate them too, one day I shall find the bastard, then I will wrench his head clean of his shoulders.
And then revenge will finally have been mine.
And I will laugh.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
My friend has two Wii characters. Pissmidget and Flied Lice. He thinks it's hilarious he can play with the most racist thing he could think off but not "Pissmidget"

He hi fives himself at night. He really does *sigh*

[zonking great]

Aug 20, 2008
Oh my. Well, here goes the long list of tags I've seen I hate that will (almost) never find a place in my tag, unless the person is a real nice person.

"MasterchiefX" with the X replaced by a number, country of origin or anything else.

People so creatively hampered that they think "xXxHaloman32512369735xXx" is a cool name.

Anything related to "pwnage".

....pretty much every tag I've ever seen, actually.

MattyDienhoff

Jan 3, 2008
Should idiot names be banished? No.

Should idiots be banished? Yes.

Since item #2 isn't likely to happen any time soon, idiot names will long remain a useful and reliable indicator of how idiotic a person is.

Aid n

Oct 10, 2008
Thank the good lord for freedom of speech otherwise you nazis would have everything boring. personally i wouldn't use numbers or the dreaded capslock but i aint gonna crucify someone if they choose too.

Lemony

May 2, 2008
Well games like World of Warcraft have a strict name policy based on if you are on a role-play realm which stops people making a name like RoFlN00bZ4325 and instead choose a name like Anioneth. Now Gamertags for XBLA are different but remember that half the time people with those names are 10 year olds with WAY to much money and time on their hands. (If there are 10 year olds reading this then GO AWAY This is (Usually) a MATURE game not a game where some stupid pre-puberty can play.) If a person chooses a name that sucks and is a total idiot then please read Theo's Guide to Idiot Kids/Adults - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.73586 (Very Helpful for your average n00bz and WeIrDoZ!)

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Aid n post=9.70262.803493 said:
Thank the good lord for freedom of speech otherwise you nazis would have everything boring. personally i wouldn't use numbers or the dreaded capslock but i aint gonna crucify someone if they choose too.
I voted yes in the understanding that the stupid names should be changed (as in the person who made them should modify it of their own volition or with the encouragement of his/her peers) not that we would force them to change.

Did anyone else vote like that?

DannyDeparted

Mar 12, 2008
I'd never be desperate enough to shove numbers in a tag. i have plenty of bizarre options that are almost never taken:
Majestical
DannyDeparted
DJWynn
Fools Anonymous
Winnie
Dazmondo
Sneer