Poll: Stupid, offensive and misspelled gamer tags

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Janus Vesta post=9.70262.686186 said:
3. Anyone who has more than 10 XBLA games.

None of these people go on my friends list.
Bit narrowminded, no? There are some damn fine games on XBLA. Lot of garbage, too, don't get me wrong, but there are certainly at least 10 games that are absolutely worth the price of admission.

I don't so much mind stupid Gamertags. Just makes it easier to avoid people that are likely to irritate me, like SexyBeast69 or SmokinDaBlunt.

The number in my tag (Maj1013) means something. It's not as though 1012 other people wanted to be Maj.

Nyxos

Sep 1, 2008
Janus Vesta post=9.70262.686186 said:
3. Anyone who has more than 10 XBLA games.

None of these people go on my friends list.
I'm somewhat confused. What's wrong with having a handful of XBLA games? I've had my 360 for almost 2 years now (Never RRODed, lucky me) and I own 5 XBLA games: Castle Crashers, Cloning Clyde, Geometry Wars, Hexic HD(Free of course), Schizoid, and Small Arms. I can see someone collecting over 10 XBLA games without much effort. Why the hatred of arcade games?

Madshaw

Jun 18, 2008
i am madshaw, my second name is bradshaw and acording to certain people i am mad, so there4 they called me madshaw, y cant people use a real nickname that they used to have, or come up with something clever?

AlphaWolf13

Mar 20, 2008
Crazybuddha56 post=9.70262.685853 said:
Poopking, PwnN00Ber, I8measamdwich. Am I the only one who believes that those who practice such profound stupidity when picking a gamer-tag should be punished? Any-one inane enough to slander the gaming community with their Bullshit retard names should have to find a sensible alternative. We don't tolerate real names such as USUK or Pooplover in the general public, why must we endure their ridiculousness online? Should those persons with idiotic gamer-tags have to replace them with less annoying alternatives?

Co-author: Bubbaroark0451
Couldn't care as long as it's not on a RP server.

CrazyBerk

Jul 1, 2008
I AM THE POOPKING! Well i'm not really but i just thought that was brilliant.
My names Peahulk on Xbox live

ZeroKitsunei

Sep 1, 2008
Most names don't bother me, unless its really hard to figure WTF it is. Like T3HxXxStUp1dxXxNo0B1337. But on the other hand names of real life people are for the most part awesome, cause you get stuff like [You sniped HelenKeller] or [You beat down BarackObama].

bubbaroark0451

Aug 13, 2008
klc0100 post=9.70262.686539 said:
bubbaroark0451 post=9.70262.686493 said:
klc0100 post=9.70262.686426 said:
Why do you care?
Because I'm a naturally caring person.
That's very good to know but my question was not directed towards you.
I was making a joke. I hate people mostly. A stare into a room full of em' and see nothing worth liking.

guyy

Mar 6, 2008
Profane names are pretty dumb, but there's not much you can do about them. There's just too many ways to say "@$%&" using weird characters.

Nothing's wrong with ridiculous names, though. There's a TF2 player named "My Toaster Thinks You're Crazy." Don't try to tell me that's not funny.

pha kin su pah

Mar 26, 2008
some are very creative and produce a smile occasionally but in the end it doesn't matter, they are all just another frag...

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Meh.
Anyone with the playertag Spartan(insert numbers) should be force fed an brain. and maybe an imagination to go with it.Unfortunately, I was born too late, and LewsTherin was already taken for most things, so I just use TehZeppelin. The first as a tribute, the second also as a tribute, but one with more thought. If I think of something better, I'll use it, but I don't like it when people just stack names ala SolidSnake10293872. I'm an RP player.

SenyorLandline

Aug 28, 2008
I dont mind most names on live, i partly agree on the numbers business, if they mean something something thats great, but when you look like you're typing in Pi to the millionth number you dont deserve those thumbs you used to type it. I realise my name, while quite tame, has nothing to do with me... i am neither a Senyor, or have any relation to BT's home phoneline service but it was somehow given to me by someone at uni singing SenyorLandline (humdiddyhum) have a grenade! on halo, it stuck ever since....
/ban ridiculous numbers

chazmizta

Aug 26, 2008
I am very proud of my username "chazmizta" because i have never encountered anyone else with it.
Personally i hate people with names like {[!"sUPaK!ll4-CaP^A^cOp749"!]} ; have you ever tried to say something to them? it would be like trying to meet john
Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorffvoralternwarengewissenhaf
tschaferswesenchafewarenwholgepflegeundsorgfaltigkeitbeschut
zenvonangereifenduchihrraubgiriigfeindewelchevorralternzwolf
tausendjahresvorandieerscheinenbanderersteerdeemmeshedrraums
chiffgebrauchlichtalsseinursprungvonkraftgestartseinlangefah
rthinzwischensternartigraumaufdersuchenachdiesternwelshegeha
btbewohnbarplanetenkreisedrehensichundwohinderneurassevanver
standigmenshlichkeittkonntevortpflanzenundsicherfreunanleben
slamdlichfreudeundruhemitnichteinfurchtvorangreifenvonandere
rintlligentgeschopfsvonhinzwischensternartigraum (which is a real surname, sorry for the length).