Poll: Tali Reveal

schiz0phren1c

Jan 17, 2008
Hell no,
and the only compromise possible would be if she's astoundingly,stomach wrenchingly ugly,like a bastard child of a snot otter and an angler fish, or has a face like a Predator that even OTHER Predators think is an ugly *****,
if they reveal her as "yet another sexy sexy sexalien for you to bone" then they are below contemptible.
mind you in general since the massive "heyyyyyy thanks long time fans for all the support over the last 20 odd years but fuck youuuuuuuuu" that dragon age 2 was I'm not really holding out any hope for ME 3.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Radoh said:
dyre said:
Do not want. At all.

The chances a random alien race is attractive by human standards? Almost zero.
My Shep seemed to like what she looked like under that mask...
Hmm, fair enough. Though, I suspect he is more open to extraterrestrial attraction than most actual humans :p

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
spartan231490 said:
Yes, but it should be a part of her romance plot, so that the people who don't want to see her don't have to.
Yeah, that sounds alright.
And then an optional "turn the lights off" during the pre-finalé bonk so you don't see sh*t if you still want to romance her but not see anything?

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
They should just make it optional, so curious people like me can see Tali (never getting to see what a Quarian looks like would really suck in my opinion, especially Tali), and the mystique-lovers can stick with the mystique.

Problem solved.

EDIT: Besides, in ME1 you can faintly see through Tali's helmet anyway, so there can't be THAT much speculation for what she looks like to defend.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
dyre said:
Radoh said:
dyre said:
Do not want. At all.

The chances a random alien race is attractive by human standards? Almost zero.
My Shep seemed to like what she looked like under that mask...
Hmm, fair enough. Though, I suspect he is more open to extraterrestrial attraction than most actual humans :p
Are you crazy? Humans love things that are alien to them, even more so if they are a sexy tech geek who by nature isn't self-absorbed and all around fun to be with.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
JasonKaotic said:
They should just make it optional, so curious people like me can see Tali (never getting to see what a Quarian looks like would really suck in my opinion, especially Tali), and the mystique-lovers can stick with the mystique.

Problem solved.
That would last all of 10 minutes until ME-forums and the internet in general are flooded with pictures of her.

My opinion: Show it. I dig Tali, but I have no particular fantasy what her face looks like and wouldn't bother me at all to see it. Especially after the tease of ME2 -_-

As regards to her general appearance: Quarians are described in one of the ME books as being more or less human in facial appearance, they have eyes, ears, mouth, tongue, teeth, hair.. the only thing that is apparently different is they have odd ears.

FoodMonger

May 4, 2009
Tali works as a character because you are unable to see her face.

Let me ask you something...
If you knew what someone looked like before you knew them and you deemed them ugly, would you still take the time to get to know them?

You see, we base our assumptions of people based on physical appearance, before we even know what they are like as a person. With Tali, we throw physical appearance analysis out the window, making us focus on who she is as a character and base our image of her on that.

Sometimes, I envy the blind, because they don't jump to conclusions about people. They listen, rather than look at a person and says 'he's a snobby douchebag,' or 'she is a slut' only by looking at their apparell.

So no, I do not think Tali's face should be revealed.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
chronicfc said:
Lately, with all the talk of Bioware "taking off Tali's mask" in Mass Effect 3, I've been thinking if they should? Maybe the mystery is enough, it is for me, at least. So what do you think? Should they? And what should she look like?
They already made their choice by not revealing her in ME 2.

Besides the reveal is a no win situation because the people who don't care what she looks like do not care what she looks like, and the people that do care already have a clear mental picture and if her actual face doesn't match up with their imagination they will be angry. And hell even if it does they probably won't be happy about it either.

The thing I do want to see in ME 3 is a girl Turian or Salarian.

There is a very small (almost nonexistent) percent of people who would actually be pleased by any sort of Tali reveal. There is a very large percent of people (almost 100) who would be pleased if Tali was Bisexual. Come on Bioware don't let us down.

Cypher10110

Jul 16, 2009
It seems the escapist is still "building a consensus, please try again later."

I think I'll leave the decision firmly in the hands of Bioware. Either way it will be interesting to see what they put forward in the final product. In this case I do not think I shall attempt to judge my own experience before I have experienced it.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
I'd rather they didn't-whatever she looks like is not going to be able to compare to whats in my head. Also: I like that gasmask!

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Talin Silverbane said:
No matter what face they give Tali, one group of fan somewhere will disapprove.
That's true, but MANY camps will be angry if there is no reveal. That's why it took them since the end of Mass Effect 1 and beyond to make a choice. They still have yet to do so and they have now even gone out and asked the fans what to do.

Skyblade12

Apr 24, 2009
What, th
KaizokuouHasu said:
Skyblade12 said:
As to why I am defending them, it is because you aren't offering a valid criticism.
And now you've deployed a conversation tool that makes any further discussion futile. Thanks.
Oh, I so didn't develop that, it's been around for years. But my point was accurate. The reason Tali's face has not been revealed is not laziness, and it is obviously not laziness. There are pages of interviews and post by the devs addressing this. It is something they are obviously working at. There may be a problem there, but it is not laziness.

-Dragmire- said:
Sjakie said:
Yes, they should.

I would laugh my ass off if it turns out she looks like Zoidberg in that suit.

-Dragmire- said:
If they do show her face, there are some good concept art floating around that I kinda like and so wouldn't mind if she looked like these. I won't complain if they don't show it though, I'm used to it by now.

There's also some pretty scary shit too...

I think those look a bit too human for my taste. I'm hoping for a pretty alien but not to much like they made the Asari look like blue humans with weird scalp implants.
Exotic is the word im looking for.
Yeah, they are rather human but look at some of these to compare them to...

Other peoples' concept art...

edit: there was another interesting one but it was a nude model so...
The third one there looks very reminiscent of the Protoss.

Hister

Don't Run You'll Just Die Tired
Apr 8, 2010
Call me crazy, but could they just put an option in the game settings to have her face revealed or not? Wouldn't this satisfy most people, I think it would be a decent compromise

Gamer_152

Mar 3, 2011
I don't think I can make a solid call on this one without knowing what's behind that mask. I think there's been too much build up to possibly satisfy everyone's expectations in a reveal of Tali's face, but maybe Bioware do truly have something there that could surprise some of us. Seeing as they're the only ones who really know what's behind that mask I think they're probably the best equipped to make the judgement on this one.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
I'm waiting for the standard "Human with a slightly different colour skin" thing. For reference, see every Star trek ever.

Nounverber

Nov 1, 2009
If they want to, I'd have no problem with it - in fact, I think not doing so would be kind of a cop-out at this point.

"The mystery" argument seems kind of silly to me. There is no mystery. As people have said above; everyone in the ME universe knows what a quarian looks like. They haven't been wearing those suits all that long, historically speaking. And Shepard can have a quarian lover, in the form of Tali, so if you've chosen that path for him he knows better than most. He knows all the, err.. ins and outs, as it were.

That being said, I'd be happy for it to be optional - perhaps in the form of a climax (heh...) to the BroShep/Tali romance, and/or perhaps part of a "loyalty mission"-type side quest with Tali (maybe on the quarian homeworld, since we're apparently going there in ME3).

And if some "fans" don't like it? Well, tough shit. It's not their game to create.