Poll: The Final Verdict on George W. Bush?s Presidency?

Infiniteloop

Jan 14, 2009
Unfortunately the sitting President gets blamed for everything even if his policies did not directly cause the event or situation. It tickles me when people say W. caused the financial crisis.

By and large, he was a pretty good President. At least if he said he was going to do something, he'd do it. I really don't have any complaints. For everyone bitching about big business, that isn't new. It has been and will continue to be around for a long time. One can only negotiate from a position of power. Remember that.

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
He was a dumbass, through and through.

I think that the biggest flaw that was revealed during his failed Presidency was that he can't ever take a critical look at his past choices. He absolutely refused to question if he was actually heading on the right path. He pretty much leaped before he looked.

DrunkenKitty

Nov 20, 2008
-Zen- said:
I had no idea that the only way to measure an economy's success was by national debt.
I never implied that.

I was about to explain why Bush did not "have good intentions" to you until I realized you were 9 years old when Bush was elected. Instead, I'll leave you with a quote:

An Evil exists that threatens every man, woman and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland. -Adolf Hitler
(A good friend of Bush's dear ol' Nazi-loving grandfather, Prescott Bush.)

Does that sound familiar to anyone else?

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
People neglect to understand that the President is really more of a puppet for the Congress and for the Illuminati controlling everything.

gmer412

Feb 21, 2008
He's a guy that you'd want as your neighbor. He pretty much picked his friends for his advisors and they screwed him in quite a few ways. He "stuck to his gut" instead of listening to evidence, and he thought God had put him there. No, he's not the worst President. I vote that Harding gets that one. He was president during a tough time in American history, and people like Gonzales (Mr. I can't remember), Karl Rove (Valerie Plame scandal), and Cheney (He was the head of Bush's committee to pick a VP; He recommended himself. Also, he shot a guy IN THE FACE!).

DrunkenKitty

Nov 20, 2008
Infiniteloop said:
Unfortunately the sitting President gets blamed for everything even if his policies did not directly cause the event or situation. It tickles me when people say W. caused the financial crisis.

By and large, he was a pretty good President. At least if he said he was going to do something, he'd do it. I really don't have any complaints. For everyone bitching about big business, that isn't new. It has been and will continue to be around for a long time. One can only negotiate from a position of power. Remember that.
Hmmm... let's see...
Using a Black Flag Operation to start a war on an abstract noun.
Failing to apprehend the leader of the organization claiming responsibility for the act, who just happened to be a family friend.
Using fear-based politics to scare the country into accepting a war with a country that posed no threat to us.
Asking private contractors that he was in bed with to take over many jobs that the military has always done for itself.
Spending 70 billion dollars a month on a war while our economy, education, and infrastructure are all falling apart over here.
Inspiring hatred of a people based on their religion and race.
Violating the Geneva Convention.
Failing to respond to the worst natural disaster in my lifetime.
Hiring everyone in his cabinet based on loyalty instead of ability.
Violating our constitutional right to privacy.
Sanctioning torture.
Killing 1 million+ Iraqi civilians.

Let's stop there.

I agree Bush was a "pretty good" president, the same way Stephen Hawking is a "pretty good" basketball player.

The sad thing about Democracy is that most people are too lazy to pay attention and too stupid to recognize incompetence.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
I can't think of a President who has been that out of touch with the American public. I was ashamed to see that man elected for two terms. Worst President EVER! Definition of EPIC FAIL!

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
DrunkenKitty said:
The sad thing about Democracy is that most people are too lazy to pay attention and too stupid to recognize incompetence.
Didn't you know? That's a fundamental part of the human experience: being lazy and stupid.

DrunkenKitty

Nov 20, 2008
Infiniteloop said:

I apologize. I didn't realize you lived in Texas. I thought you were ignorant and delusional. Now I see you're just typical.

DrunkenKitty

Nov 20, 2008
Joeshie said:
DrunkenKitty said:
Didn't you know? That's a fundamental part of the human experience: being lazy and stupid.
I say it's a fundamental part of the American experience.

In China, the government controls all of the media including the Internet. You can't even blog about your criticisms of the government. People risk the death penalty just to find out the truth.

In America, it's all right in front of you. People are just too apathetic look at it.

Go to work. Pay your taxes. Have lots of kids. Watch your cable television. Get fat. Keep your nose out of politics. Be a good American.

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
I think Dubya will likely go down in history as yet another meaningless mediocre president who was a helpless (and irrelevant) product of the times rather that someone who made any useful attempt to steer events. But that's the fate of all unprincipled idiots. I suspect that Obama's presidency will be much the same in essence--much like Clinton and Bush Sr., for that matter. We haven't had a principled president since Reagan, and even he had a lot of elements of pragmatism that made him wishy-washy and contradictory on many issues. At least some of the rhetoric that came out of him seemed meaningful.

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
DrunkenKitty said:
Joeshie said:
DrunkenKitty said:

In China, the government controls all of the media including the Internet. You can't even blog about your criticisms of the government. People risk the death penalty just to find out the truth.

In America, it's all right in front of you. People are just too apathetic look at it.

Go to work. Pay your taxes. Have lots of kids. Watch your cable television. Get fat. Keep your nose out of politics. Be a good American.
Naw, apathy and stupidity are certainly part of the human experience. You just need to look at other countries to see it. Look at all the censorship-happy idiots they are electing all over Europe. No one cares to stop those idiots. Look at the people in China. They are happy being a cog in the machine and having their government censor them.

Trust me, these are very human traits.

Maet

The Altoid Duke
Jul 31, 2008
After thinking about it for a bit, I've decided that I'm in no position to criticize Dubya since I'm pretty sure I'd make a far worse president than many allege him to be. In fact, anyone who thinks they can run a country is either already an aspiring commander in chief or they're off their fucking rocker. That said, I'd call his presidency average or with good intentions. Whereas previous presidents only had to worry about the odd scathing comic strip in newspapers, Dubya had to content with YouTube and pocket phones/recorders impeding his every step. Strange as it sounds, I actually sympathize with him, which is rather remarkable considering how I deride my own sister for three consecutive miscarriages.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
They say it will take this president & the next to undo all the damage Bush has contributed to the environtment & the economy. But I can't say he's the worst, because we had some real looloos before the 20th century. But perhaps they'll make it mandiroty for all candidates to take an IQ test so voters know what they're getting themselves into.

DrunkenKitty

Nov 20, 2008
Joeshie said:
DrunkenKitty said:
Joeshie said:
DrunkenKitty said:

Naw, apathy and stupidity are certainly part of the human experience. You just need to look at other countries to see it. Look at all the censorship-happy idiots they are electing all over Europe. No one cares to stop those idiots. Look at the people in China. They are happy being a cog in the machine and having their government censor them.

Trust me, these are very human traits.
Voter turnout by country:
(At least we beat Poland.)

Australia 95%
Malta 94%
Austria 92%
Belgium 91%
Italy 90%
Luxembourg 90%
Iceland 89%
New Zealand 88%
Denmark 87%
Germany 86%
Sweden 86%
Greece 86%
Venezuela 85%
Czech Republic 85%
Brazil 83%
Netherlands 83%
Costa Rica 81%
Norway 81%
Romania 81%
Bulgaria 80%
Israel 80%
Portugal 79%
Finland 78%
Canada 76%
France 76%
United Kingdom 76%
South Korea 75%
Ireland 74%
Spain 73%
Japan 71%
Estonia 69%
Hungary 66%
Russia 61%
India 58%
United States 54%
Switzerland 54%
Poland 51%

MrShrike

Oct 27, 2008
usually i keep out of polotics but seeing as his term is up...
I consider him a man with the nescecary discipline and perserverance to give himself to his country, yet lacked the kind of leadership qualities and state of mind that the U.S and,unofficially, the western world needed at that point in history

MrShrike

Oct 27, 2008
edit: this was supposed to be a relpy to a quote but due to my little sister has gone horribly wrong