Poll: The Four Temperaments: which one are you?

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
I'm Sanguine apparently.

Chronic lateness and sarcasm sound about right. >.>

HoneyVision

Jan 4, 2013
Choleric. Sounds about right. At work I'm always on top of everyone and the center of everything.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Chris Tian said:
Thats a learnable skill, just like I could learn to be better with computers if I wished. Its not something you either can or can not do. So while you cant respec, you can level up and put points into that skill. You dont even need so many points, meaning its not all that hard.

If you really think it would enhance your life and you want to be better with people you should learn that. I would gladly pm you some tips and suggestions for books that are worth reading on that matter.
It might be learnable, but some people are still more gifted. I have... adapted myself, but I will never become a natural. The important thing is that I know my limitations and that I have found a way to address them. Like avoiding all human contact and play MMORPGs instead as a replacement for socializing. Scrap that. Tried it, didn't work out. Nah, in all seriousnesses, I am doing okay. You can't excel at everything, after all.

Morsomk_v1legacy

RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA
Jan 30, 2013
The test says I'm Phlegmatic, sound about right. Easily relaxed and sort of sluggish. Yep, describes me as a lazy person, that's me alright.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Melancholic, to the point where my friends could tell you that from reading this. Looking at the names of each category I was wondering if it had anything to do with the four humors hypothesis; looked at the wiki page and that turned out to be the case. A 2,300 year-old personality test, and it still is almost exactly the same as several modern ones I've seen.

I think that may say more about the validity of these tests in general than about this particular one.

Chris Tian

May 5, 2012
4RM3D said:
Chris Tian said:
Thats a learnable skill, just like I could learn to be better with computers if I wished. Its not something you either can or can not do. So while you cant respec, you can level up and put points into that skill. You dont even need so many points, meaning its not all that hard.

If you really think it would enhance your life and you want to be better with people you should learn that. I would gladly pm you some tips and suggestions for books that are worth reading on that matter.
It might be learnable, but some people are still more gifted. I have... adapted myself, but I will never become a natural. The important thing is that I know my limitations and that I have found a way to address them. Like avoiding all human contact and play MMORPGs instead as a replacement for socializing. Scrap that. Tried it, didn't work out. Nah, in all seriousnesses, I am doing okay. You can't excel at everything, after all.
You are makeing a mistake almost every not-so-good-with-people-person makes.

I will try a metaphor. People you would say have above avergae or even really great people skills are not the Olympian Gold medalists of social interaction, they are the guy from your neighborhood you see jogging a few times a week.
So to become like them you dont have to become the next Usain Bolt of social interaction, just the guy who does an average workout a few times a week.

A very very very small percentage of people actually learns about the ins and outs of social interactions, human communication etc. . The 'naturals' just do the right thing most of the time by instinct and subconciously learned patterns. If you put in a moderate effort to learn about what makes people tick and how human interaction works, that will not put you in line with the average people or in the moderately-good-with-people-field, it will catapult you far above the average person in terms of people skills.

BlazeRaider

Dec 25, 2009
I got phlegmatic, pretty much what I was expecting. It's actually probably better to do this without knowing the 4 temperaments, since if you know them you might either consciously or unconsciously aim for one you want, whereas if you don't know what the 4 are, you'll just answer honestly, since you don't know what the temperaments are you can't nudge your answers towards one or the other.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
I expected to get Phlegmatic and the test confirmed it. It isn't surprising to me at all that Phlegmatic and Melancholic are the top two results. I feel like the majority of gamers, or at least the majority of gamers on this site, are pretty introverted

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
I kind of have 'traits' in all of them to a degree I reckon, but the test put me as melancholic when I took it.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
I knew I was Melancholic before taking this test. Even similar ones from ages ago. I have always subscribed to oppose the "better busy than bored" motto because I would MUCH rather be bored than busy because I will never find an instance when I cannot find something to entertain myself with. I have been known to think things through on tactician wavelengths, Pondering all plausible possibilities. Ive been seen to express such deep thoughts often in bursting retinal aneurysm inducing wall of text verbose thesis posts. In studying psychology and the unavoidable influence of the German thinkers, I have an annoying propensity to write in paragraph long sentences while still managing to keep to the sentences point, whereas many will get lost along the way, just give up or simply never even bother to read it.

So yeah, Melancholy. Despite it being genX "wannabe" fodder.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I'd say a mix between phlegmatic and sanguine. They contradict each other a bit, but I do too.
Was definetly sanguine before I developed social phobia, which brought me down to phlegmatic. Still have a lot of my old tendencies though.

Test gave me phlegmatic.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
I got phlegmatic.
and the Description was partially right about who I am. It got things wrong when describing me but that is to be expected from these test.

Noetherian

Hermits United
May 3, 2012
Originally I was going to comment on how I find the poll results unsurprising-- a vast majority of escapists seem to be the two "introverted/quiet" personality types-- but then I noted something else amusing. If you read the comments on this post, a majority are claiming to have been Sanguine (or Phlegmatic). So we end up with a sort of grid. However, since I can't draw a grid, I'm going to describe my observations:

Choleric -- mostly too busy pursuing their own ambitions to take the poll/visit this website/leave a comment
Sanguine -- mostly too busy out there socializing, but the ones who do stop by make sure to share their experience and thoughts with us (you adorable extroverts, you)
Phlegmatic -- relaxing at home, taking quizzes, sharing the fun with the rest of us
Melancholic -- bunch of lurkers; introverted enough to stay home, get on this website, take the quiz, and tell no-one (on the other hand, this is me, but I guess my brand of overthinking has become a bit more social)

I guess it's easy to see why this sort of categorization has been popular for such a long time. Have fun, everyone...

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Test declared me phlegmatic.

Best question/answer paring on the test: INDECISIVE? Maybe, not sure. =)

alfawx

Nov 1, 2010
Well going by the test I'm melancholic, but just to throw a monkey wrench in things I'm going to say I'm supine (an arbitrary fifth option that got thrown in somewhere between ancient times and now) because I personally think it's a bit more accurate. My drive to annoyingly take an un-presented option knows no bounds!

[sub][sub][sub]I'm a 4w5 INFP, if anyone's wondering. Hooray for personality tests![/sub][/sub][/sub]

alfawx

Nov 1, 2010
MorphingDragon said:
It's actually the 5 temperaments now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Temperaments
Yes! Thank you!

Supines, unite! Unless you're [sub]actually not a [sub]supine and were just [sub]posting this to inform people [sub]in which case I apologize for wasting [sub]your time. [/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

InfinityCubed

Aug 22, 2012
There is a much more accurate test, with 16 types, described here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

INTP is such a complete description of me it's scary...