Poll: The greatest Captain

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
chinangel said:
My favourite is Janeway because she is who I grew up with
James Tiberius mother-fucking Kirk.

The man could kill anything. Or have sex with anything. He was the Commander Sheppard of his day.

I'll also give props to Sisko. No other man could be that Zen and that Awesome at the same time.

Picard... meh - no love for him. I always preferred Riker.

Janeway is the reason I stopped watching Voyager. I disliked her so much I never watched Enterprise (she put me off of Star Trek entirely) - which was totally unfair to Enterprise, and I really should check out the DVDs at some point....

katsa5

Aug 10, 2009
Each captain brings something interesting to the Chair. So my vote is for anyone EXCEPT Archer. ^^:: I agree with SFDebris' assertion of 'Duchess'.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Luftwaffles said:

He needs more minions. Better sign up
You just won this thread. But let's not be too hasty, no one gets rid of Snippy that easily.

Lev The Red said:
i don't know what it is, but i like it...
It's a webcomic about the eccentric Captain and his two minions, Sniper and Pilot trying to survive in a postapocalyptic world. It's awesome. This is a link: http://romanticallyapocalyptic.com/ You're welcome.

OT: I loved both Picard and Janeway but I'm going to have to go with Janeway. I always prefer female leads for some reason. Perhaps there was just too much of a male presence in TNG, what with Picard, Riker and Data. But then again... Councillor Troi or Seven of Nine... hmmm, now there's a poll!

Anyway, I may be a tad biased, I thought the whole idea behind Voyager was awesome. As far as premises go "Trying to get back home" trumps "exploring for the sake of it", in my books.

AngelicSven

Aug 24, 2010
Captain Reynolds or Captain Hammer....either way, Nathan Fillion is twice the captain of those choices. Lol.

However, probably Picard, seeing as he still has a thriving acting career.

steevee

Apr 16, 2008
Picard for storyline, but I quite liked Archer and Sisko too. Never really got on with Janeway or Voyager really to be honest, don't know why.

And I don't know how anyone could ever take Kirk seriously. 0.o

PhantomEcho

Nov 25, 2011
-Ezio- said:
the only true choice.

I agree. This.

Very much this.

In fact, if they ever make another Star Trek series... this is the man they need to Captain their ship.

RagTagBand

Jul 7, 2011
Though Janeway has the best series, Jean Luc is the best character.

Truth be told, though, the fact he's played by the legendary Patrick Stewart certainly goes a long way to making him the best character.

Oct 12, 2011
Woodsey said:
Kirk gets all the pussy. You speak as if this is a competition.
But Picard never fucked anything green.

Also, while Kirk might have used his ship to blow up Klingons, Picard used his Klingon to blow up ships!

OT: Actually, I think wolf thing is right: Sheridan from Babylon 5 gets my vote. :)

DSK-

May 13, 2010
GO! I choose you, PICARDACHU!

I grew up watching Next Generation, that guy kicked ass. A close second would be Janeway.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
I adore everyone from TNG. Well, the main cast at least and Ms. Goldberg.

Never really understood the love for Kirk, or cared for his character. Bones and Spock stole the show for me.

. . . sleepy . . . said:
Woodsey said:
Kirk gets all the pussy. You speak as if this is a competition.
Yes. And then he gets fat and is reduced to being the Priceline spokesman.
And there went my peach iced tea. At least I managed to turn away from my screen in time.

Luftwaffles said:

He needs more minions. Better sign up
It's such a pretty picture. Where is that from?

azurine

Jan 20, 2011
My favorite captain used to be Janeway, but then I watched The next generation and discovered the character of Jean Luc Picard.