Poll: The last time you watched MTV?

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
It's been MANY years since I tuned in to the channel...if they brought Beavis & Butthead or Daria back with NEW content I'd probably tune in for that (I did watch the recent B&B episodes but did it on Hulu...)

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
It's been a very long time. The last time I watched it was back when it focused on music for most of the day everyday

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Today. Because I often have to sit through my kid sister watching 16 And Pregnant, Made or Degrassi or something like that.

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
I think it was 2000. Britney Spears was on TV singing hit me baby one more time I think it was.

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
Many many many many many moons ago. I think the last time I even looked at the channel was at some point in high school. So..... maybe about 10 or more years ago. I think the last time I watched a show on it was even later than that. Probably 15 years.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Its at least 10 years since I watched it, probably a little longer than that.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
so why did MTV change? I never watched it as we didnt get it on free to air over here

our ABC did do the top 100 countdown on saturday mornings (funny becayse the kind of content there definetly clashed with the kind of content ABC usually had) it was called "RAGE"

except then RAGE went all fucking weird and just played random shit as they pleased rather than the top 100...no idea why that happned

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Never. I stick with MuchMusic at the gym the morning, it actually has music videos.

Once it changes to teen dramas, I get off the walking machine.

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
For me, when these shows were on, was the last time MTV was still good... but maybe i'm just looking back with nostalga :/ this new generation is all about Jersey Shore i mean... really T-T

Okuu_Fusion

Jul 14, 2010
When MTV brought back Beavis and Butthead for a new season last year...
Watched a few episodes, but decided it wasn't worth staying up till 10 to watch them.

Plus MTV always had 15+ minutes of commercials and that was just too tedious to deal with.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
The last time I saw MTV was over a year ago. The last time I saw MTV out of my own free will (as in it wasn't just what happened to be on at a friend's house/apartment) was probably in middle school (so at least 10 years ago). I used to watch MTV 2 back then. They were still good about showing music videos.

Ryan Hughes

Jul 10, 2012
Yeah, I agree with most of the posters here. I think Daria was the last time I watched MTV, Sifl and Ollie was a good show too back when I was a kid. And the music was better, with Rage Against the Machine and Pearl Jam. So yeah, probably over a decade since I watched that channel.

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
Well my guilty pleasures are Geordie Shore and Jersey Shore, so I watched it on Tuesday I think. Judge me as harshly as you want!

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
I'd say... about 10 years. Everything i know currently about MTV is 3rd hand from other people or other shows talking about it. Like, the Jersey Shore episode on Bones.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Nope, I have never watched MTV because, for as long as I remember, it is crowded either by awful rap/pop/hip hop or pitiful excuses of reality TV.
Of course, with the advent of a good internet connection, I have no reason to watch TV anymore, because anything I want to watch I can find online.

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012
This is an odd one for me...

I remember being very young and it being the school holidays. I had one of those old fashioned blocked televisions on a desk near my bed and I would force myself to stay awake until 2:00am just so I could watch Celebrity Deathmatch. Sometimes I would switch on earlier and see Jackass but it was mostly Celebrity Deathmatch.

I don't know how long ago that was. I just remembering waking my dad up one night from laughing to much and then never doing it again.

Bestival

May 5, 2012
Haven't owned a television since I moved out on my own, so yeah it's been a couple of years. But even before that I didn't really watch much after it went from Music Television to 'Reality' Television... Seriously, I don't give a fuck that it's your birthday, and I don't give a fuck you're pregnant, you're 16 years old, and therefore useless to me.