Poll: The moon is falling...now what do you do?

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
ciortas1 said:
If I were honest, I'd be placed on probation or be suspended for a few days, so... The "PARTY!!!!" option describes the tame version of what I'd be doing.
Yeah, this is pretty much my answer too. :D

Zephel

Dec 29, 2007
Jewrean said:
gabe12301 said:
You watch TV and you learn that the moon is falling.What would you do with your last few days?
Use every cent I have to charter a plane filled with fuel that will stay in the air when for the duration of the moon crash. It's worth a shot?
Make it a blimp instead. And host a children's card game tournament to pass the time :D

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
MindBullets said:
No, the Song of Time would only jump you back 3 days and prolong the impact. You have to play the Oath to Order and summon the four giants to stop it.
Though, that doesn't really make much sense when you think about it.
I mean, for them to have stopped it, they'd have to have exerted an equal force on the earth, because they're standing on it, negating the whole process.

Damn you newton!

Ithos

Jul 20, 2009
Travel back in time 72 hours with the help of a mask or something (never played Zelda:MM, but hey...)

or do like they do on the screw attack special

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
PARTY LIKE A ************!

really the last few days on earth would be easily the best.

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
Grab my ocarina and play "The Oath of Order" and then the giants will do the rest.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
stinkychops said:
Saltyk said:
PARTY! The Moon falling into Earth will probably kill us all, so live that there is no tomorrow!

But the Moon won't fall into us. It's actually slowly drifting away. I think about a foot or two every couple of years.
I read it was only a few inches. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'd go and see my physics teacher and demand him to explain how this is happening? Then I'd likely party and fight with everyone else to try to stay alive against some inevitable death. Which is quite strange, because we all die. Yet somehow, the knowledge of when you will die changes our behaviour.

I imagine I'd watch in tears and rage, if I survived long enough, as the moon destroyed everything I knew, everything I loved and everything I respected.
Tharwen said:
Saltyk said:
PARTY! The Moon falling into Earth will probably kill us all, so live that there is no tomorrow!

But the Moon won't fall into us. It's actually slowly drifting away. I think about a foot or two every couple of years.
It is indeed! Also, the Earth's rotation is slowing as its energy is transferred to the moon.

It's incredibly slow though. A foot or two is probably stretching it.
Admittedly, I didn't take the time to check how much the moon is falling out of orbit. I just remembered reading it a while back, and posted. So I'm not sure how much off the top of my head.

To be honest, whether it's inches or feet, it's insignificant on the cosmic scale. Let's put it this way. Cosmically, we are close to the Sun, but it takes approximately 6 minutes for the Sun's light to reach us [sub](if I remember correctly)[/sub]. Let that sink in...

Steve Dark

Oct 23, 2008
Get my trusty old Baseball Bat and head to where it's going to impact. I'm either saving the world or going out in style.

thahat

Apr 23, 2008
Saltyk said:
Jedamethis said:
Swim to Australia.

Also, hope it lands on France. (Inside joke)
Actually, I'd like to second the hope that it lands on France inside joke or not. Who needs France?
i third this, lol. well, exept that i'd like it to land on china, since that is on the other side of the planet for me XD. might save my ass a bit XD

also: have the best possible time i can with my girlfriend, there isent much time you know XD.
if the world would end, i think id marry here. even though im not planning on marying within the next ten years XD

Dirzzit

Apr 16, 2009
well if the moon is falling, then we would have to be falling towards the sun.

OT: Launch a suicide mission filled with astronauts that were oil drillers to blow up the moon using high powered nuclear devices while leaving one behind.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
CoverYourHead said:
Play the Song of Time.
Totally stole my post.

But I'd be angry that the situation from one of my least favorite Zelda games was actually happening.

logiman

Aug 8, 2008
"Curse the anti-spirals"..that made me smile

still..party and maybe have sex..if i can >_>

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
gabe12301 said:
You watch TV and you learn that the moon is falling.What would you do with your last few days?
Have faith that the pro ball player with the biggest Nike endorsement will stand atop the Empire State Building and bat it away from the planet safely when it gets too close!

Zephel

Dec 29, 2007
You know, with all these people allegedly armed with Ocarinas, what if playing the Song of Time was then negates by someone else's Song of Time? What if we caused some sort of time paradox? The madness!

On the other hand, if well coordinated, the right song might be just what is needed to save the planet from impact, be it the Song of Time or Oath of the Order...hell maybe just the Song of Storms, which is a paradox in and of itself. Would be interesting...