Poll: The new Youtube layout!

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I hate it, il get used to it though.

I allways hate when people change what im used too.

May 28, 2009
at first i thought hey this seems alright, but after a while i thought meh. is it just me or do the videos load slower now, and i now find it harder to save stuff to playlists and such. i mean i should not have to refresh a page just to save it to my favorites!

ah i feel a lil better now

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's horrible, it's so unintuitive and awkward.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
God... It's abso-freaking-lutely terrible. I didn't even know of the existence of TEXTp and thought that the new layout was the April Fools Joke, that's how bad it is.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
AWAR said:
ethaninja said:
I remember making a thread about this a while back. But I'm no nazi so I don't care :p But yeah, I hatehateHATE the new youtube layout. It's so A)Douchey and B)Undeniably difficult to manage. What the hell happened to the favourite button?
Apparently it appears when you press that "save to" button.. So inconvenient...
Haha where the hell is that?! :p

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Most of the changes don`t bother me ,with the exception of the terrible related video thing

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Foggy_Fishburne said:
I'm pretty indifferent on these things. It's just a layout. But since EVERYONE! and I mean everyone, from my mom to people on the internet, are complaining about it I feel I have to stand up for the underdogs. Yeah, the new layout is pretty awesome. They took away the share feature with other youtubers but hey it won't kill anyone. Change is good, might not be the best design ever in history but I dig it.
Hey, the Devil called. He said a new advocate position just opened up and wondered if you were busy.

I kid, I kid. The layout itself, I have only minor issues with. It's the partner crap I hate.

No, youtube. Watching an episode of Inspector Gadget does not mean I'll like Ray William Johnson (Who stole his bit from Brett Urlich of Infomania's Viral Video Film School.)

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
still havent figured out how to look at ratings without actually having to sign in, rate and then see the results.

my response:

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Foggy_Fishburne said:
King of the Sandbox said:
Foggy_Fishburne said:
I'm pretty indifferent on these things. It's just a layout. But since EVERYONE! and I mean everyone, from my mom to people on the internet, are complaining about it I feel I have to stand up for the underdogs. Yeah, the new layout is pretty awesome. They took away the share feature with other youtubers but hey it won't kill anyone. Change is good, might not be the best design ever in history but I dig it.
Hey, the Devil called. He said a new advocate position just opened up and wondered if you were busy.

I kid, I kid. The layout itself, I have only minor issues with. It's the partner crap I hate.

No, youtube. Watching an episode of Inspector Gadget does not mean I'll like Ray William Johnson (Who stole his bit from Brett Urlich of Infomania's Viral Video Film School.)
What the hell! Did he fire me in the first place :( Belzebub, my man, I thought we were chumps :(

Partner crap? I'm not sure I'm following, are you refering to the "share" system? Ghaaah I have no idea :p Aha, now I think I get it. If I press Halo 2 the next suggested video should be Halo 3, but the new system is different?
Yes. Now they put their partners' featured videos above any reasonable suggestions, which 99% of the time have nothing at all to do with your original video.

The Spectator

Sep 14, 2009
Doesn't look very good. I loved the avatars and how they change to a screenshot of the new video.

But I really don't mind it, since all I use youtube for is the my subscription. Nothing else.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Old YouTube layout was just fine. They shouldn't have changed it at all.
I notice now the comment threads are a bit harder to read and follow...
All in all, I don't like the new YouTube layout. It should not have been tampered with.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I never understood the phrase 'I could care less' because if you don't care then it should be 'I couldn't care less' (which is what I say) because there's no way you could care less than you do. I think it's an american thing, and it's very very wrong because it implies that you do care a little bit, which is not what the phrase means
OP: I couldn't care less

Clueless Hero

Oct 5, 2009
I didn't think Google could mess something up so badly. They somehow managed to ruin a good
"5 star" system, destroy a perfectly good layout, and still are able to get their featured users crammed in our face.