Poll: The show the escapist couldn't survive without

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Zero Punctuation. Without it then the Escapist is still a quality website but very few new users would be arriving.

But like others have said it would have to be a mass exodus of shows being gone (Extra Credits, Escape to the Movies, Unskippable, Loading Ready Run, etc etc) to actually "kill" the Escapist

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
What this poll should really be is "Could the Escapist survive without Zero Punctuation?".

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Obviously, ZP. Every time there is a "how did you find this site?" thread, the majority of the answers are ZP.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
I heard it from the mouth of head honcho Russ Pitts that it was the Escapist that caused an exponential increase in traffic to the site

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
I have to say Zero Punctuation, sure extra credits is pretty cool, as well as other shows. But if it wasnt for ZP i would be here right now, and I wouldnt get on as much as I do.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
ZP was the reason I came to this site.

EC also fascinates me, since I am hoping to work in the video game industry someday.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
Obviously, it's the daily drop. Without the pure genius of that show would ruin this site. I don't know how they even came up with the concept, obviously it took some heavy script writing, large scale CG, big name actors.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
Zero Punctuation is what made this site as big as it is now so losing it would hurt the Escapist. All the others yes would hurt them but not fully kill the site the losing ZP would.

Mordan Freeman

Apr 14, 2010
For now I think it would have to be ZP, but Extra Credits will definitely take its place if Yahtzee ever decides to leave.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
I chose Zero Punctuation, but Unskippable would be a very close second. I seriously don't find Extra Credits very good.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
Zero punctuation
It brings new members and attracts them every week.
But for me, its extra credits that has kept me coming, compared to it zero punctuation feels like an appetizer.

LittleChone

May 17, 2010
I'm sure this site could survive without Yathzee, but gaming culture itself may not be the same. The guy has literally brought developers to their knees and gamers rolling off their chairs laughing. He's introduced a sense of humility to this culture that so many other forms of media lack. He is quite literally a critic to not only video games, but human culture in general.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Yahtzee does attract a lot of traffic, I imagine; not to disrespect the other contributors, mind you.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Zero Punctuation.

It's not a matter of quality(Though I love ZP), it's simply the most popular show.

But by now, The Escapist has carved enough of a niche that it would take more then the demise of it's mascot show to kill it

Scorpio3002

Aug 10, 2008
Zero Punctuation put this site on the god damned map. I first came here after having seen a link to Yahtzee's review of Guitar Hero III on the Rock Band forums (at least I think it was Rock Band, though it might not even have been released yet). I agreed with every thing he said and laughed uproariously at his light-speed pacing and minimalistic imagery.

These days I don't even consider Yahtzee my favorite contributor to the Escapist, but he has made a huge impact on gamers and the internet, and recruiting him was the best decision that The Escapist will ever make.