Poll: The show the escapist couldn't survive without

Feb 9, 2011
One sided poll is one sided. My lord...that's hilarious. I suppose I will have to side with the statistics and cast my vote for Zero Punctuation as well.

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
ZP was the first video I watched on this site. I was linked the March Madness last year, and then browsed around for a while, and watched Yahtzee's review of "God of War 3". And then I spent the next week straight on this site, watching the rest of them.

If he stopped, I would still come here, I like MovieBob and Shamus's stuff, plus when Doraleous and Associates comes back on.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
Is there even any question about it?
I'm surprised you even had to ask.

90% of the fame the escapist has gotten in the last few years is because of zero punctuation, there is no other show that has gotten more attention than it.

This place would be ALLOT less visited without it as it is the MAIN attraction.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
While ZP leaving wouldn't 'kill the escapist' for me.

I predict it brings in alot of traffic, so is the obvious 'I can't be bothered to research' choice.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Back when Ben was on Youtube I got hooked, Zero Punctuation all the way.

And what was that about Brits/Aussies needing Americans? Hah!

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Zero Punctuation would be the biggest loss (as the poll reflects), but for me, personally, it'd be Extra Credits. I love that show.

RetroViruses

Aug 7, 2008
I think the site could live on missing any *individual* show, but if it lost a couple good ones it would be screwed.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
If ZP left, the Escapist would have to bring something of similar popularity in to replace it.

I don't get the feeling there exists the same fanbase for any of the other shows on here.
(I don't think, for example, that anyone comes here specifically to watch Extra Credits, or Escape to the Movies)

However, it would still survive, just maybe suffer a traffic trough for a while.

Bradd94

Nov 16, 2009
Zero Punctuation would probably harm the influx of new escapees, however I don't think The Escapist would be completely devastated as a result.
Extra Credits is great, but hasn't been around for long enough to be a solid part like ZP is.

I also think Shamus Young has brought his fair share of hits; I personally came here from DM of the Rings, which was great.

At the end of the day, a lot of us will keep coming here for the forums. This is a great community, and I would imagine most people staying even if Croshaw left.

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
Zero Punctuation. But in a couple of years I think that Extra Credits is going to have more viewers than Zero Punctuation.

bulldogftw

Jan 4, 2011
Zero Punctuation because most people just come here for Yahtzees weekly rant, but it would also take probobly a few over shows to leave for the Escapist to die.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I came here for Yahtzee, but i stayed for everything else. I don't even like his episodes as much as i used to, but i really like the forums, the news, Extra Credits, and all the LRR stuff!
So I would definitely NOT leave if only 1 show (be it Yahtzee or something else) stopped.

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
As much as i like a few of the segments, i have to point to my Australian counterpart Yahtzee. Zero Punctuation so far seems to be the only legitimate review source to men like me who have...
...you know... STANDARDS.