Poll: the skinny jean fad

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
I've never been bothered by anyone who wore them and might have even bought a couple pairs except it just feels so uncomfortably for me. It's not that I'm a fat kid or anything it's just I don't like being so confined.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
I personally prefer a comfy set of carpenters' double-duck jeans, but I own a couple pairs of 'tighter' pants, one pair being jeans, and the rest being slacks or suit pants. My girlfriend doesn't seem to actually care what I wear, provided I'm not going to be arrested for indecent exposure, that it fits, and it isn't in any colours that look completely ass-tastic on me.

For some reason, she thinks that I'd get arrested for going out in public wearing garrison boots and a strategically placed sweat-sock, and nothing else. I would like to disprove that theory, but I also don't want to discover that I am, in fact, wrong enough to have to talk to a judge.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Skullkid4187 said:
No it doesn't I wear them and don't see why everyone hates them so much. They're just jeans.
I don't hate it, but I don't find it looks good on guys. I suppose I'm just used to seeing guys as more bulky than lanky, which is what it makes them look like.

Bruin

Aug 16, 2010
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
To be honest: A little. It looks fuckin stupid, as well as very uncomfortable.
I'm not one to condemn somebody else's clothing choices...

But I agree, I think they do look pretty stupid. I wear what's practical and what I think looks good on me--not the prick who's dressed exactly like everybody else with his skinny jeans, straightened hair, bangs and three-sizes-too-small T-shirts.

Actually, that reminds me of what their female counterparts wear.

This is not a coincidence.

All this said: I have one pair of jeans that even come close to skinny jeans. And I call them so because they're not as loose in the seat as all of my other ones.

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
My problems with skinny jeans lie inherently with the people who wear them. People I know who frequently wear skinny jeans tend to be complete douche bags. There are a few exceptions, but not enough to really warrant me wearing them myself. Also, they just look uncomfortable, I like roomy stuff rather than the tighter clothing.

Oh yes, also, I should mention, they look good on girls, but there have been times where I could not tell for sure someone's gender until I heard their voice. Yes, these guys were wearing skinny jeans. Yeah, this was a mixture of their features, but the jeans were definitely part of the image.

JohnnySex

Dec 31, 2009
I hate them. I like my testicles, thank you very much. Although I guess they are good for eliminating assholes from the gene pool.

Dxz5roxg

Aug 19, 2009
I don't have a problem with them. I'll never wear them but I've got no problem with anyone who does. I did get pretty irritated though when they where so popular because it was a real pain to find a normal pair of jeans.

Levitas1234

Oct 28, 2009
Skullkid4187 said:
No it doesn't I wear them and don't see why everyone hates them so much. They're just jeans.
expensive designer jeans meant for fitting into a pop culture crowd.
(waste of money)

I for one don't really care what another person wears, skinny jeans can look good sometimes so if it's someones styles then who cares.

PacRatFilms

Nov 22, 2009
I love 'em, bought a pair today. I'm what most of you would call emo, at least in terms of style. I dress in dark colors, my hair is long and died black, I have 'snake bite' lip piercings, so skinnies come natural to me. However, if they're skin-tight, they have to be made out of a relatively thin, soft fabric, or they're too uncomfortable. In fact, the ones I just bought are probably the most comfortable pants I've ever worn.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
I never wear them.
Not only do I not like them, but I also have a huge package which I'd rather not constantly display to the public.