Poll: The World Needs a Pokémon MMO

crepesack

May 20, 2008
alliance v. horde
trainer v. team rocket?

Right... it can be done, but i would only play if it were real time. I hate turn based games.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Are you talking MMO as a trainer or as a pokemon? Because I think the latter could be fun as long as everyone doesn't decide to be a lengendary or something. Or they could just make it so you can only be a pokemon that you can have multiple of.

Would make party finding fun since you need to find players of each element to balance out

EDIT: answering OP yes, as long as it doesn't come with a subscription cost

Deleric

Dec 29, 2008
After considering it...yeah. That'd be a pretty badass idea.

El Poncho said:
Well, they can add raids I guess, for unlocking moves or something. Like the movie with Lugia and the 3 islands, they could make that a raid. 3bosses then at the end 3bosses at the same time on the frozen water with Lugia helping.
I wonder how a raid system would work anyway. Is it all in real-time? Or does the screen try to seizure you and you enter a secluded battle state 1v1, like in the game?

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Deleric said:
After considering it...yeah. That'd be a pretty badass idea.

El Poncho said:
Well, they can add raids I guess, for unlocking moves or something. Like the movie with Lugia and the 3 islands, they could make that a raid. 3bosses then at the end 3bosses at the same time on the frozen water with Lugia helping.
I wonder how a raid system would work anyway. Is it all in real-time? Or does the screen try to seizure you and you enter a secluded battle state 1v1, like in the game?
I guess they could make it real time, you shout commands and your pokemon fights or you take over as your pokemon but walk about as the trainer or the game turns into turn based like in the other games.

SpireOfFire

Dec 4, 2009
no, i would not play it. i dont believe i am in the proper age demographic (i'm 22) to appreciate a pokemon MMO.

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
I'd like to see equipment items that would not only add bonuses to the pokemon, but would also alter their appearance.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
It would be... different. Something laid out more like that gamecube 3d one I forget the name of (colosseum?) Also, you'd need some people to choose to play team rocket/whatever the kids are using nowadays and some way of knowing an opponent's levels before battling them. I dunno, I've thought about it before, but never really figured a way it could work

EDIT: So google chrome recognises 'dunno' as a correct spelling, but not colosseum? Strange...

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Hey Red/Blue and Gold/Silver against my friends is good enough for me. Yeah, we still play them. We're so cool.

But yeah, it would be pretty damn cool.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
I've been a pokemon fan for a while (not a hardcore fan but a casual observer enejoying the many games) and i've always pondered and pushed the idea of a pokemon MMO but I would...

Really
Really
Really

Like the idea of playing as and controling a pokemon of choice not a trainer; something like Pokemon Rumble but just 100 times bigger.

Indecizion

Aug 11, 2009
YES lol if they made it i would play it, and after WoW i wont normaly go with in 10 feet of an MMO but i would make an exception for this :p

Rahnzan

Oct 13, 2008
Alright. Get this? I hate pokemon.

Just saying.

But god damn it they NEED AN MMO!! >:O

Why doesn't this exist yet?!?!?! FEW WORLDS HAVE A DAMNED GOOD REASON FOR BEING INFINITELY PLAYABLE!!!

Come on! How do you drop the BALL on this one!??!?!

I wouldn't play it of course, but I stand by my decision, they need an MMO. So I voted yes regardless.

NRX

May 13, 2009
I would prefer it be a single pokemon that you chose and battled with others real-time and use a dynamic physics system so you could use the moves other than just attack. (example aiming water gun at the ground in order to propell yourself upward). Then I would play it. and apparantly there's one that already exists. (look earlier in the post ppl).

Small Waves

Nov 14, 2009
I've seen Pokemon go 3D many times, and the result is never pretty. I would love a game like that, but the amount of faith I have in it being pulled off even remotely well is extremely low.

Also, if a game like that were to come out, I can predict the first thing about it to be spammed on message boards: "TMs FUCKING WHERE D:"

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
Rahnzan said:
Alright. Get this? I hate pokemon.

Just saying.

But god damn it they NEED AN MMO!! >:O

Why doesn't this exist yet?!?!?! FEW WORLDS HAVE A DAMNED GOOD REASON FOR BEING INFINITELY PLAYABLE!!!

Come on! How do you drop the BALL on this one!??!?!

I wouldn't play it of course, but I stand by my decision, they need an MMO. So I voted yes regardless.
quite simply nintendo does not like online. they never have.
may change in future tho, the wii is pretty popular and it has an ok online experience...