Poll: This Tuesday: Rage or Dark Souls?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
EverythingIncredible said:
Yopaz said:
And that changes the game experience how?
By not playing it in the first place because the product is worth less in resell value.
OK, so my last point could have said more. Does all console gamers sell their games when they're done with them? I am a console gamer along with a PC gamer and I have never sold one game. you might say it punishes the customers who buy it new, but not everyone sells their games. Some like to hoard them, some lend them out to friends (just because sewers are dlc doesn't mean your friends that borrow it wont be able to enjoy it) and some want to play games months or years after they originally finished them. I'm all 3 of those.

Now you started off with saying that 50% of the game was cut out as dlc. You have also stated that the single player requires a code to be accessed.
Neither of those 2 statements are anywhere near the truth. None of the story is affected one bit by the part that is on the dlc. Maybe your rage comes from not knowing enough about Rage?

Dec 14, 2009
Dark Souls baby!

Loved Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls is supposed to have like twice as much content.

The fact that the pre-order edition is essentially a Collector's Edition but at the same price as a normal game, it's a no brainer.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Why don't we have both?

Though I haven't really looked into either. I was just going to let those two slip away.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Yopaz said:
Yopaz said:
By not playing it in the first place because the product is worth less in resell value.
OK, so my last point could have said more. Does all console gamers sell their games when they're done with them? I am a console gamer along with a PC gamer and I have never sold one game. you might say it punishes the customers who buy it new, but not everyone sells their games. Some like to hoard them, some lend them out to friends (just because sewers are dlc doesn't mean your friends that borrow it wont be able to enjoy it) and some want to play games months or years after they originally finished them. I'm all 3 of those.

Now you started off with saying that 50% of the game was cut out as dlc. You have also stated that the single player requires a code to be accessed.
Neither of those 2 statements are anywhere near the truth. None of the story is affected one bit by the part that is on the dlc. Maybe your rage comes from not knowing enough about Rage?
What I do know is that it will have DLC and block content from people who buy it used unless they pay extra.

That's enough for me not to buy it. People need to take a goddamn stand and realize when they're being had.
Rage's dlc is in no way game changing. It doesn't affect the story. It's not simply an online pass to unlock content that is already on the disc (seeing as Xbox users get it on 3 discs as it is this should be a blessing).

If I were to buy Rage used I wouldn't have access to the sewers. If I hated the game I wouldn't want access to the sewers anyway and wouldn't care. If I loved it I would simply have to pay a little extra for it (seeing as this reduces resale value I would still probably pay less than full price). The result is that I get more content for a game I love (I would pay for dlc for Saints Row 2, but that's Xbox exclusive and I only got the PC version) and the CEO of Id software get to afford his gold plated foreskin. This is no big deal. I choose to judge game by their quality, not the business methods of the publisher working with the developer.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
ghost whistler said:
In Dark Souls, can players opt out of pvp and not be ambushed by, well, assholes?
But of course you can! But that means playing the game offline. :s

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
As far as I'm concerned Dark Souls. It's likely to give you more of a challenge, and should last you quite a while. It's a very pretty game and chances are it's different to what you've been playing recently. I'm not particularly sure what I think of Rage. Imo Rage looks very much the same sort of thing you'll find with a lot of shooters, whereas Dark Souls looks maybe a little different to the everyday RPG. It's certainly looking to be good. ;D

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Yopaz said:
Yopaz said:
Yopaz said:

What I do know is that it will have DLC and block content from people who buy it used unless they pay extra.

That's enough for me not to buy it. People need to take a goddamn stand and realize when they're being had.
Rage's dlc is in no way game changing. It doesn't affect the story. It's not simply an online pass to unlock content that is already on the disc (seeing as Xbox users get it on 3 discs as it is this should be a blessing).

If I were to buy Rage used I wouldn't have access to the sewers. If I hated the game I wouldn't want access to the sewers anyway and wouldn't care. If I loved it I would simply have to pay a little extra for it (seeing as this reduces resale value I would still probably pay less than full price). The result is that I get more content for a game I love (I would pay for dlc for Saints Row 2, but that's Xbox exclusive and I only got the PC version) and the CEO of Id software get to afford his gold plated foreskin. This is no big deal. I choose to judge game by their quality, not the business methods of the publisher working with the developer.
The point is that the DLC exists and you have to pay for it. Essentially meaning that they are cutting content out of a game that you paid for and charging extra for it. I have never bought a game that knowingly did this and I am not about to start.
The content is not on the disc. They're not restricting you from reaching it. It's not there. It's been made, sure, but it's not there. You have to actually choose to download it.

Now one example I have is Alan Wake. They made a game that was shipped with a coupon for free dlc. The dlc was not made yet, but it was being made and supposed to be released about a month after the main game. If you haven't played Alan Wake it plays episodically. You get a recap of the last "episode" and they're all in a context. However the dlc episode is not a part of the main story. It's more of an epilogue. Something that didn't really fit into the main game, but was still wonderful when it continued a story that was already finished.

They could probably have delayed the game and released the next episode with the game, either as day 1 dlc or free. However it was better enjoyed after the main story had got enough time to sink in and be digested.

The difference between Alan Wake's dlc and Rage's dlc though is that Alan Wake's dlc is in fact game changing. Also with the wild claims that touches nowhere near the truth about Rage I understand that you hate it.
Also after watching the newest episode of the Jimquisition I guess this was the last time you praise his opinions since they do in fact differ from yours when it comes to this.