Poll: This Tuesday: Rage or Dark Souls?

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
Both look like really good games with solid gameplay and graphics but im leaning towards Dark Souls at the moment. Rage looks like a good christmas gift

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Dark Souls for me, I know it will be brutal but highly rewarding like their last game. Rage looks like all other grungy post-apocalyptic shooters out there, I'm not very hyped about it but after the reviews hit I'll re-assess my interest in the game.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
jackpackage200 said:
Both look like really good games with solid gameplay and graphics but im leaning towards Dark Souls at the moment. Rage looks like a good christmas gift
Dark Muddafuckin' Souls dude!!

I need to finish that series.

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
EverythingIncredible said:
Dark Souls.

Dark Souls has no online pass and half the content isn't chopped out for DLC.

Rage is looking for new ways to screw customers over. Especially the ones that don't line Bethesda's pockets.

Between these two, you should be getting Dark Souls on principle.
It's amazing how you already know 50% of Rage's content has been removed from the game to be sold as DLC. You must work for Id or Bethesda or else you'd just be talking out of your ass.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I actually completely forgot that Rage is coming this Tuesday, but I do plan on getting Dark Souls since I did pre-order that game.

Rage I will probably get later on since I have a feeling that Dark Souls is gonna take me awhile to complete.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
I'll be waiting until Christmas to get a lot of the games that I'm looking for. (except Skyrim, since it's already pre-ordered. :D)

So, yeah, hoping to get Dark Souls for Christmas, but RAGE doesn't look too bad either.

KaWaiiTSuKI

Feb 22, 2011
Dark Souls for me.
I was excited for Rage until I heard about the 8GB install size so, in short, fuck that. >.>
Also, Rage seems to have a lot of things that I detest about gaming. Lots of content being taken out for DLC, online passes only available for new game buyers and other shit like that.
Plus... Demon's Souls is one of my all time favourite games ever so Dark Souls is at the top of my list for anticipated games this year alongside Skyrim and Arkham Asylum.
No, I'm not excited for Uncharted 3, so don't ask >.>

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Dark souls here too.

Rage seems more of the type to wait for it to hit bargain bins. For one I still resent "cutting" parts of the single player game for used players. (yes I understand how that actually works out, its just easier to say it that way and its close enough to be accurate.)

Secondly, this is supposition on my part but I honestly get the feeling that dark souls is going to have much more content to it.

Thirdly... With RAGE being a new IP, it might make sense to wait to see if it generates a sequel before one comits to a day one purchase. Sort of hard to day 1 a purchase for a game that doesnt allow gamers to have any sort of point of reference if it is good, like say.. a prior installment, or a demo. So yeah theres that.

Lastly... its Bethesda and there is a greater probability of there being a GOTY or Greatest hits, or some sort of rerelease of the game that will include any and all DLC content that might be available. Seems much more likely that the release you play of Dark Souls on day 1 will be the same version available this time next year. So regardless of if you like DLC or not, it makes more sense to A: Reward a company who releases all of its content up front and B: Get a game with DLC add ons at a lower price than buying the game new then having to pay a DLC charge every couple of months. Dont get me wrong. I am actually in favor of DLC. However simple economics show that it makes more sense to hold off on a game that has a probability of having DLC until all that DLC is released and you can typically get it bundled, or the base game will invariably be cheaper.

tl;dr Darksouls. Seriously. Dark Souls. I would choose it over RAGE. Hell personally I would choose it over Skyrim too.I would choose Dark souls over a combo pack of Skyrim + Rage that were priced equal to each other if that tells you anything.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Dark Souls for me. I already don't like FPS games very well, and Rage picked its own coffin with me by adding online passes to the single player campaign, and I refuse to support that kind of douchebaggery. That, and Dark Souls looks BILLIONS of times better. And for my own personal taste, it is better.

viranimus said:
Dark souls here too.

Rage seems more of the type to wait for it to hit bargain bins. For one I still resent "cutting" parts of the single player game for used players. (yes I understand how that actually works out, its just easier to say it that way and its close enough to be accurate.)

Secondly, this is supposition on my part but I honestly get the feeling that dark souls is going to have much more content to it.

Thirdly... With RAGE being a new IP, it might make sense to wait to see if it generates a sequel before one comits to a day one purchase. Sort of hard to day 1 a purchase for a game that doesnt allow gamers to have any sort of point of reference if it is good, like say.. a prior installment, or a demo. So yeah theres that.

Lastly... its Bethesda and there is a greater probability of there being a GOTY or Greatest hits, or some sort of rerelease of the game that will include any and all DLC content that might be available. Seems much more likely that the release you play of Dark Souls on day 1 will be the same version available this time next year. So regardless of if you like DLC or not, it makes more sense to A: Reward a company who releases all of its content up front and B: Get a game with DLC add ons at a lower price than buying the game new then having to pay a DLC charge every couple of months. Dont get me wrong. I am actually in favor of DLC. However simple economics show that it makes more sense to hold off on a game that has a probability of having DLC until all that DLC is released and you can typically get it bundled, or the base game will invariably be cheaper.

tl;dr Darksouls. Seriously. Dark Souls. I would choose it over RAGE. Hell personally I would choose it over Skyrim too.I would choose Dark souls over a combo pack of Skyrim + Rage that were priced equal to each other if that tells you anything.
Not to mention: Pre-ordered Dark Souls gives you an automatic upgrade to Collectors Edition with lots of physical swag. THAT is how you do pre-order goodies.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
As a Demon's Souls enthusiast, I must say that I'm suitably pumped for Dark Souls.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Dark Souls, hands down.

Demon's Souls is in my top 2 (I can't even think of the other one, so it's likely my top) games ever, and I don't even own a PS3. It's that good.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Holy shit.

As of me posting this, that's nine people for Dark Souls, one person calling another person out (SHIT IS GOIN' DOWN!) and that other person apologizing (oh, nevermind, no shit going down).

Pretty fucking one sided.

And it ain't stoppin'. Dark Souls, man.

It's an early gift for me. It's my next years "knowledge-less buy". It's something I've done since I bought Alan Wake last year. I'm going to buy one game a year that I know barely anything about but that intrigues me.

Last year, Alan Wake: most immersive game I've ever played that I can play more than once.

This year, Deus Ex: Human Revolution: My new favorite game.

Next year done early will be Dark Souls. Looking forward to it.

EDIT: As of this edit, now, before this post, that's
Dark Souls: 11
Rage: 0

I have never seen such a one sided thread.

Awesome.

EDIT 2: OH, and the record is broken, Rage get's a point right after my post.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
RAGE, because 1: its an independent ip
and 2:its made by iD, father of the fps
it cant be less then a 8.5 out of 10. dark souls is purely subjective. do you feel like ripping the veins out your wrists in anger? and no i dont have anything against dark souls. i loved demons souls.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Dark Souls. Easy choice.

Either the successor to one of my favorite games or a FPS that could go either way in quality and who's dev hasn't made a game since DOOM 3.

If Rage is good maybe I'll pick it up later if I have the spare change.