Poll: Top 5 games of all time, no mean comments

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Dutchy115 said:
The Last Nomad said:
Well I had to pick Jak 3 in the poll because it is quite possibly one of the best platforming games of all time.
And then they gave it to a new developer and screwed it over, shameful
I only played the Demo of The Lost Frontier(I'm guessing that's the one you meant) and I don't think they screwed it up as much as most fans seem to think. I liked the fact it was in a different part of the world with new vehicles, characters and powers. The only thing I thought was wrong was the Dark Daxter bits. It wasn't as good as the previous games but I thought it was really good, although the PSP may not have allowed the best controls for a platform game.

Dutchy115

Nov 7, 2011
The Last Nomad said:
Dutchy115 said:
The Last Nomad said:
Well I had to pick Jak 3 in the poll because it is quite possibly one of the best platforming games of all time.
I only played the Demo of The Lost Frontier(I'm guessing that's the one you meant) and I don't think they screwed it up as much as most fans seem to think. I liked the fact it was in a different part of the world with new vehicles, characters and powers. The only thing I thought was wrong was the Dark Daxter bits. It wasn't as good as the previous games but I thought it was really good, although the PSP may not have allowed the best controls for a platform game.
Fair enough, it was more the anti-climactic story that bothered me

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Yuck, the only game I like on that list is Pokemon.

Anyway...

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy VI
3. Final Fantasy IV
4. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
5. Earthbound

Captcha: ronove unfaltering

19nicolay91

Oct 4, 2010
Might and Magic VII
Zelda, Wind Waker
Pokemon: Ruby
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Super Smash Bros: Melee

Just the ones i have enjoied the most, not "the Best".
Not in any particular order, also not counting MMOs.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Ok let me think, please note that this list will probably change on the 6th of March

1. Super Mario RPG
2/3. Halo Reach/ Mass Effect 2 (Sorry, can't decide)
4. Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
5. Fallout New Vegas

Note: This is just off of the top of my head.

Honerable mentions

Warhammer 40k Space Marine
Gears of War 3
U.N. squadrons
Ocarina of Time
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
Twilight Princess

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
Hard to really say, as it changes depending on my mood.

But let's go with...

1. Final Fantasy XII
2. Zelda: WW
3. Castlevania: SOTN
4. Skyrim
5. Mass Effect 2

Hayes3285

Feb 14, 2012
There are so many good games out there and I am sorry on the list that was given, possibly Assassins Creed II gets the decent mark.

For myself though, ill go on a wide spectrum and just throw out random games that I love to play

RPGS - FFVII, FFXII, Oblivion, Skyrim
FPS - BF3, Counter-Strike (1.5/1.6)
RTS - Starcraft, Civ V
And of course all of N64 games that were good like Perfect Dark, Mario Kart and Goldeneye

Just hard to label the best where there so many games out there

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
My list is finally getting set. There's be lots of games that I've liked, but not enough to hit my top 5 list

My is as follows
1. Sly Cooper 2: Band of Thieves
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Fallout 3
4. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
5. _-changes-_

I don't really have a 5th favorite because I haven't found a game that I've lovedl ike FO3, Sly 2, RE4 or ESV. I play Wow, but it's like playing any Cod, fun, but can you really call it a favorite? I'm sure I'll find one, but for now, that slot is open looking for that one game

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Dutchy115 said:
The Last Nomad said:
Dutchy115 said:
The Last Nomad said:
Well, I only played the Demo, where only the basic story is revealed (World is running out of eco, Jak can save it) which I didn't think was that bad a place to start off from but if if doesn't get any deeper than that I can see the story being very unimpressive. I probably will pick it up eventually.

Dutchy115

Nov 7, 2011
The Last Nomad said:
Dutchy115 said:
The Last Nomad said:
Dutchy115 said:
The Last Nomad said:
Well, I only played the Demo, where only the basic story is revealed (World is running out of eco, Jak can save it) which I didn't think was that bad a place to start off from but if if doesn't get any deeper than that I can see the story being very unimpressive. I probably will pick it up eventually.
I guess the stupidity hit home when I realised, the Precursors created the world, why would they make it with such a huge flaw as, it'll run out of eco after a while. But, it's ok, because there are crates of eco at the edge of the world that will top us up, hardly a permanent solution.

And also considering it was only recently that the world was going to end from a Dark Maker invasion, the Precursors were here then, why not top us up? It's anti-climatic in that, they just saved the world from something deadly and powerful, but now their planet's running out of fuel and it's going to end that way. That's like going from a bullet to the head to a slow starvation, more painful, inarguably, but hardly exciting story material

I've got to admit, I didn't have a huge problem with the gameplay of the Dark Daxter bits, it was more that they happened at the most pointless moments (also, the Dark Makers were Precursors that were corrupted by Dark Eco, Precursors are Ottsels, why didn't Daxter turn into a Dark Maker during these segments). So in the end it all comes back to the flawed story, that's just what happens when you switch developers

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
You are a good man for liking Mass Effect

On that note my top five are

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Mass Effect 1
3. Skyrim
4. Half Life 2
5. Halo 2