BENZOOKA said:
Right off the top of my head:

Civilization V
Counter-Strike: Source
Battlefield 3
Rainbow Islands
Elasto Mania
Oh God!

There goes my productivity, not to mention peace of mind. Off to find this game.

OT: I dislike Top 5 lists due to my incapability to complete them (I just think it's impossible to be objective enough).

But I do find the lack of Homeworld dissapointing (though, I only red up to the quoted post).
Oh man, I remember Elasto Mania...so many hours of fun off that game, jolly good

Dutchy115

Nov 7, 2011
Sirron Kcuch said:
Portal 2 (I liked it even more than Portal)
I've got to admit, I found the sequel much more enjoyable, the bulked out the experience with muscle rather than fat (understand my metaphor) And overall, the puzzles were much more elaborate and well thought out.
The story was exceptional to boot

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
I very much doubt any of those would make my list.
I'd probably have gone crysis, LoZ OoT, company of heroes, warcraft 3/dota and morrowind (in no specifc order)...Mirrors edge just missed the cut, it was a fantastic concept but the top 5 are pretty much limited to the perfectly executed games I've played.

etcake_13

Oct 21, 2011
I have too many games which I love, but these are my top five:

5 - Deus Ex + Human Revolution (amazing amazing games indeed)
4 - Diablo 2 (so many hours of my life spent on this, hours well spent indeed)
3 - Portal + Portal 2 (no explanation needed)
2 - Age of Mythology (great when I was 12, still great, best RTS ever)
1 - Half Life 2 + Episodes (dude.... of course)

Minecraft would come close, as well as Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 and 3.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Uff, it's hard to choose just five games from my quite big collection. Those that spring to mind first are;
God of War 2
The Saboteur
Assassins Creed II
Ratchet & Clank
Final Fantasy X(apart from Tidus and Yuna it blew me away)

Dutchy115

Nov 7, 2011
Yosharian said:
Dutchy115 said:
What are your top 5 games? I know this has been done before, but I'm one for copying other people's work so screw you SOPA.
If someone dares to put a CoD or Battlefield game in their top 5, they'll of course be misinformed, but let's not abuse them because of their poor life decisions, ok?

Also, try not to include "Collections", like Metroid Prime Trilogy or God of War HD Collection
And for games like Pokemon, write: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire or Red/Blue, because they're effectively the same

EDIT: In the poll, my list goes from top to bottom (Jak 3 is No. 1, Emerald is No. 5)
I've only played 2/5 of those games, so I can't really judge, but... a Pokemon game? And Mass Effect? Assassin's Creed II would barely make a top 100 in my list. You hardly have any right to criticise the taste of anyone else's choices like you do here - and frankly, I've had some of the most fun in a videogame ever playing multiplayer CoD (granted, the singleplayer is absolute balls).

So anyway, you make some strange choices as far as I'm concerned.

Some of my choices would be:

Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Mario World
Chrono Trigger
Doom
Thief
Baldur's Gate II
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Half-Life
Metal Gear Solid
System Shock 2
Resident Evil 4
Knights of the Old Republic
Deus Ex
Portal
Starcraft II
Warcraft III
X-Wing vs TIE Fighter
Diablo 2
Freelancer
Civilization 4
Dungeon Keeper

But really, there are too many to choose from and too many different genres. Picking a top 5 is an exercise in futility.
Woah! Kill the motor dude...I don't recall criticising the taste of anybody's choices, that's because games that people deem good enough to place in their Top 5 tend to be great regardless. The mention of COD in the Original Post was just a playful example for my whole "Don't be a douche" thing that I wanted to put in place here.

I find the Mass Effect trilogy, the Pokemon games (up to Gen 3, before they started all looking like Clowns) and Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood to be really good, as such, I placed them in my Top 5. It's weird that you jumped to the assumption that I was bagging on everyone else's choices before you read anything in the thread, and even if it was true, for you to then go on to bag on my choices is just disgustingly hypocritical.

I've got to admit, you're list is substantially good (i'm only drawing from my experience, i.e. the ones i've played)

Dutchy115

Nov 7, 2011
Dutchy115 said:
Yosharian said:
Dutchy115 said:
What are your top 5 games? I know this has been done before, but I'm one for copying other people's work so screw you SOPA.
If someone dares to put a CoD or Battlefield game in their top 5, they'll of course be misinformed, but let's not abuse them because of their poor life decisions, ok?

Also, try not to include "Collections", like Metroid Prime Trilogy or God of War HD Collection
And for games like Pokemon, write: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire or Red/Blue, because they're effectively the same

EDIT: In the poll, my list goes from top to bottom (Jak 3 is No. 1, Emerald is No. 5)
I've only played 2/5 of those games, so I can't really judge, but... a Pokemon game? And Mass Effect? Assassin's Creed II would barely make a top 100 in my list. You hardly have any right to criticise the taste of anyone else's choices like you do here - and frankly, I've had some of the most fun in a videogame ever playing multiplayer CoD (granted, the singleplayer is absolute balls).

Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Mario World
Chrono Trigger
Doom
Thief
Baldur's Gate II
Half-Life
Metal Gear Solid
System Shock 2
Resident Evil 4
Deus Ex
Portal
Starcraft II
Warcraft III
X-Wing vs TIE Fighter
Diablo 2
Freelancer
Civilization 4
Dungeon Keeper

But really, there are too many to choose from and too many different genres. Picking a top 5 is an exercise in futility.
Woah! Kill the motor dude...I don't recall criticising the taste of anybody's choices, that's because games that people deem good enough to place in their Top 5 tend to be great regardless. The mention of COD in the Original Post was just a playful example for my whole "Don't be a douche" thing that I wanted to put in place here.

I find the Mass Effect trilogy, the Pokemon games (up to Gen 3, before they started all looking like Clowns) and Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood to be really good, as such, I placed them in my Top 5. It's weird that you jumped to the assumption that I was bagging on everyone else's choices before you read anything in the thread, and even if it was true, for you to then go on to bag on my choices is just disgustingly hypocritical.

I've got to admit, you're list is substantially good (i'm only drawing from my experience, i.e. the ones i've played)
Oh yeah, barely make your top 100?
What are the odds of you having played 100 games in your life?
(And past that, 100 enjoyable games)

FriendGuy

Dec 20, 2011
1: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/A Link to the Past
2: Super Metroid
3: Super Mario 64/World/3
4: Shadow of the Colossus
5: Myst/Riven
6: Okami
7: Minecraft
8: Civilization IV
9: Kingdom Hearts
10: Pokemon Gold/Silver

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
In no particular order

Tekken 3 - My god the fun

Burnout 3 - Yes, I know, a racing game. But give it a go, you wont regret it. The amount of time I spent on this game was unbelievable, and all of it was utterly joyous.

Oblivion - This game consumed me. Always have a special place in my heart.

Crash Bandicoot - Fantasticgasm.

Portal 1 & 2 - Need I say more?

Dutchy115

Nov 7, 2011
post="9.348281.13867408"]
Dutchy115 said:
Yosharian said:
Dutchy115 said:

Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Mario World
Chrono Trigger
Doom
Thief
Baldur's Gate II
Half-Life
Metal Gear Solid
System Shock 2
Resident Evil 4
Deus Ex
Portal
Starcraft II
Warcraft III
X-Wing vs TIE Fighter
Diablo 2
Freelancer
Civilization 4
Dungeon Keeper

I don't recall criticising the taste of anybody's choices
If someone dares to put a CoD or Battlefield game in their top 5, they'll of course be misinformed
Mass Effect 1 is an ok game, not even close to top 5 games of all time. I can't really comment on Pokemon in all fairness. Assassin's Creed II is similar to Mass Effect - fairly good, but not anywhere near top 5.

It seems to me that you've played very few really good games, and hence are just picking a bunch of mainstream stuff that you happen to have played.

Dutchy115 said:
Dutchy115 said:
Yosharian said:
Dutchy115 said:

Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Mario World
Chrono Trigger
Doom
Thief
Baldur's Gate II
Half-Life
Metal Gear Solid
System Shock 2
Resident Evil 4
Deus Ex
Portal
Starcraft II
Warcraft III
X-Wing vs TIE Fighter
Diablo 2
Freelancer
Civilization 4
Dungeon Keeper

Oh yeah, barely make your top 100?
What are the odds of you having played 100 games in your life?
(And past that, 100 enjoyable games)
Um.. actually, I have =p

But ok, I was exaggering a bit perhaps. All I'm saying is that AC2 is really not that hot.[/quote]

Oh my God, do you hear yourself? This is not WHAT ARE THE TOP FIVE GAMES EVER MADE AND SHERPADURP?
This is:

Dutchy115 said:
What are your top 5 games?
Yosharian said:
You read that right? Once more, reread it "BUT LET'S NOT ABUSE THEM"
I was making a joke to make my request for peace in this thread more acceptable by the masses, I personally love CoD, and if someone had it in their top 5, as indeed someone did, I wasn't going to say "Idiot, CoD is crap, etc. etc.", I said that in my original post as a warning for no one to be abusive in any way

Don't reply, you're wrong, it's best that you accept that now before you embarrass yourself further trying to prove otherwise
But if you do, do yourself a favour:
READ.
THE.
FREAKING.
POST.
PROPERLY.

Killspre

Aug 8, 2011
Paper Mario
Fallout 3
Legend Of Mana(PS1)
Fable The Lost Chapters
Conkers Bad Fur Day(N64)

Dutchy115

Nov 7, 2011
Killspre said:
Paper Mario
Fallout 3
Legend Of Mana(PS1)
Fable The Lost Chapters
Conkers Bad Fur Day(N64)
I've been hearing so much about Conkers Bad Fur Day...what's it about?
Other than a bad fur day, of course...

Leninv3l

Jan 4, 2012
No particular order...

Half Life 1 or 2 (impossible to decide)

Fallout 3

GTA Vice City

Lemmings

Morrowind

ThoughtlessConcept

Jan 10, 2009
Baldur's Gate 2
Final Fantasy X
Fallout 3
Bioshock
Deus Ex:Human Revolution

I feel like Mass Effect 3 will soon be fighting for one of those spots.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Well I had to pick Jak 3 in the poll because it is quite possibly one of the best platforming games of all time.

My list would be something like this:
-GTA San Andreas
-Red Dead Redemption
-Baldur's Gate II
-inFamous
-Jak 3
-Fallout 3

I know thats six but fuck you if you don't like it, I can't pick any less. I could easily pick more if I really thought about it.

EDIT: I forgot Metal Gear solid, there needs to be a MGS game in my list. Either MGS 3, MGS 4, or MGS Peace Walker. I can't decide which, but one of them most go in the list.