Poll: Ultimate Sacrifice

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
This would be one of those trick wishes yes, where in this case the caveat is that all the worlds problems are fixed by removing the cause=humanity.

Would it really matter if humans all disappeared in a literal sense or in a more figurative sense, where people are happy little drones who can suffer no consequences of their actions?

I'd make the ultimate sacrifice for much less though, especially if I wouldn't have to stick around as a ghost.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
hard choice
i hate most people on earth so i would certainly not want to make it better for them
on the other hand being a ghost sounds cool...

Feb 28, 2008
ThreeWords said:
No, I would not. Suffering makes people strong, and not just in terms of physical power.

Without evil there is no such thing as a good man.
As eloquent as that sounds, try telling that to children suffering from malnutrition, widows and mothers who have to grieve over husbands and sons lost in pointless wars, people who lose relatives to diseases and incurable illnesses. There's so much shit in this world, and if we don't work towards ending it then what exactly is our purpose?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
EVerything you've ever done will never have happened.

Wel I've actually saved and killed, so would those people be gone/come back respectively?

i guess in the end, I would do it. its for the good of the earth and I cant rely on someone else doing it.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
MasterOfHisOwnDomain said:
ThreeWords said:
No, I would not. Suffering makes people strong, and not just in terms of physical power.

Without evil there is no such thing as a good man.
As eloquent as that sounds, try telling that to children suffering from malnutrition, widows and mothers who have to grieve over husbands and sons lost in pointless wars, people who lose relatives to diseases and incurable illnesses. There's so much shit in this world, and if we don't work towards ending it then what exactly is our purpose?
Ah, but are we talking about helping people, or are we talking about ending all adversity? Without concept of suffering, there can be no distinction of right form wrong, and no morality.

I would happily die to free the continent of Africa from it's economic disadvantages and bring it inot an equal footing with the rest of the world, thereby saving millions (if not a billion) people from famine, drought, malnutrition, oppression and exploitation.

But that's not quite what the OP asked...

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
ZephyrFireStrom said:
I wouldn't. Humans aren't worth it. Well majority of them anyway, so weak and stupid. They deserve all the suffering they get and then some. Specially rich and famous people and the clones that follow them.
Oh god you're so edgy! You look so cool with your I hate humanity speech... oh no wait no you don't you because everyone spouts this tired old bollocks. Grow up and stop being so angsty there are millions of amazing people out there, yes they have their flaws but that doesn't mean they deserve to suffer.

The thing that causes the most problems are views like yours because of course you're not a clone at all, out of the billions of people in the world all your actions and views are entirely original. Once again grow up and go and meet some people. You bring down the forum by posting things like that.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
I wouldn't do it. Not because it's a sacrifice, but because none of those things represent my values.

I don't believe a world without war and strife is a world that deserves to exist: it would just be pointless and hedonistic.

There should be an option to say "no" not on personal grounds but on moral grounds.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
i would, but in all honesty its less to do with me being noble for human kind and more due to my complete and utter lack of self worth

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I wouldn't do it, not because I'm unwilling to give myself up for such a thing, but because I wouldn't believe it possible. Whatever the source of this supposed perfect world, I would call it out as a liar.

SaberXIII

Apr 29, 2010
HELL NO.
Screw everybody else, despite my complaints I personally think that living is right up my alley.

getoffmycloud

Jun 13, 2011
no because if you think about it without stuff like war and crime there would be so many more people unemployed that the world would probably destroy itself anyway.

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
so... it's like the option D ending of Nier?

anyways, being an eternal watcher tempts me so i can watch free TV but taking all the 'bad things' discourages my choice plus i wouldn't be able to eat or drink so nope.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Hells yeah. Not only do I get to be a big damn hero but I also get to be the observer of the universe, sign me up.

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
That sounds like a boring fucking existence OP. You need suffering to make life interesting, plus everything would just stagnate.

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
While it's a good idea and all that, in the end it won't be worth it, because someone will come along and figure out how to fuck it all up again, even unintentionally.

So NO.

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
This part pretty much breaks it for me:

DEATHROAD said:
You can't intereact with anything or anyone, all you can do is watch the effects of your sacrifice. The question is, Would you do it?
I need to be able to interact with my enviroment in order to still be able to explore the universe. But that would become impossible if I was pretty much turned into an incorporeal ghost still bound by the laws of gravity and/or need to breathe.

So no, I wouldn't do it.

Then there's the case of mankind basically becoming stagnant in it's evolution if all needs and wants are instantly gratified. That's not a very "positive" fate in my opinion.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Yeah I would after I die give it a few more gerations and I''ll be forgotten anyway so yeah I could know I did good. Sometime just knowing you did the right thing is enough. When I get down go to a 3 world country and watch a child play with pure joy and I would be ok again.

Soisait

Nov 7, 2009
No. Why? Simple: I like to live and interact with the people I'm around. If someone I know suffers, I'll help them the best I can and that in turn makes them stronger and I wont have to care for them anymore.

Help now, ignore later. Yepp.

Mausthemighty

Aug 3, 2011
No. I won't do it.
It would be better if it was the other way around: human existence erased except for me and my girlfriend. Much better. No humans means no famine and no war anymore, so that makes it okay.

I'm sorry for erasing you guys from history, but it had to happen eventually.

But wait! If I say yes and don't exist anymore, can I go into the girls' lockerroom and watch naked girls all the time? That would be awesome!