Poll: Weed - Legal or Illegal?

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I'm tempted to say 'Yes, make it legal just so we can all stop talking about it', but that would be naive. Because I know that if it was legal, we'd just have the same argument backwards.

So I'm on the fence. I don't give a shit. And if that apathetic statement leads to my ironic death in a marijuana-related incident, then so fucking be it.

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
Too much...stupidity....in this....thread...

As a large group of people that smoke weed and are perfectly fine contributers to society (or at least not making it worse), I say decriminalize it. Stop punishing me for the choices I make that IN ALL REALITY don't have any severe consequences. You know why smoking doesn't? Cause I'm no dipshit and can keep it under control and moderate it.

Now legalize it and sell it so we get purer weed and successfully kill the marijuana drug trade.

Keep this in mind anti-weed folks. Is it the drug that's bad, or the retards YOU'VE seen?
As a "stoner" (I really hate that term) I can say a good %50 of weed smokers shouldn't be smoking weed because they simply can't handle it. They're immature, inconsiderate or out of control.

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
Its safer and better for a person than alcohol, in my opinion I would have to say make weed legal and make booze illegal.

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
Generic Gamer said:
Cannabis is an odd one. In theory it's harmless but in practice the UK saw a huge upsurge in usage when it was reduced to class C, this wouldn't have been a problem but we also started to see increasingly strong evidence of cannabis being linked to mental illness. Another factor that became increasingly clear was that the 'gentle stoner' stereotype was as much a product of the old cannabis culture as it was of the drug itself, as the number of users grew their connection with the 'stoner' ideal disappeared and plenty of violent crimes were committed while high. Basically the English brought our traditional slightly Nordic approach to drinking (a lot at once) to cannabis use and people were simply not doing what you'd expect stoners to do.
Source for that?

As far as I know, it was raised back to Class B against the advice of that guy who's name I forget. Anyone know? It was the guy that was fired for disagreeing with the decision.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
The problem here that people are forgetting is the obvious increase in people taking it, resulting in a huge increase in problems.

We will just be adding a load of more problems to society if we legalise it no matter how bad it is.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
whiteblood said:
Keep that shit illegal. Peoiple are stupid and mentally fogged up enough already, why hand them another way to go the way of the retard? Keep them hungry, desperate, poor and on the run.
So only stupid poor people smoke pot?

OT: Legalize it. It's causing more harm than good.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
Skeleton Jelly said:
Keep this in mind anti-weed folks. Is it the drug that's bad, or the retards YOU'VE seen?
As a "stoner" (I really hate that term) I can say a good %50 of weed smokers shouldn't be smoking weed because they simply can't handle it. They're immature, inconsiderate or out of control.
You see the problem is, it is the increase in "retards" we will see that should keep it illegal. If you are saying about 50% can't handle it (which I know may not be true) then we don't want it easier for those people to obtain it as well as increase in people smoking weed. Yes, it is unfair on you guys that can handle the drug but we have to consider society as a whole.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Red Right Hand said:
Generic Gamer said:
Cannabis is an odd one. In theory it's harmless but in practice the UK saw a huge upsurge in usage when it was reduced to class C, this wouldn't have been a problem but we also started to see increasingly strong evidence of cannabis being linked to mental illness. Another factor that became increasingly clear was that the 'gentle stoner' stereotype was as much a product of the old cannabis culture as it was of the drug itself, as the number of users grew their connection with the 'stoner' ideal disappeared and plenty of violent crimes were committed while high. Basically the English brought our traditional slightly Nordic approach to drinking (a lot at once) to cannabis use and people were simply not doing what you'd expect stoners to do.
Source for that?

As far as I know, it was raised back to Class B against the advice of that guy who's name I forget. Anyone know? It was the guy that was fired for disagreeing with the decision.
David Nutt?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8334774.stm

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
Not weeding through 15 pages of posts to find if anyone said it but I'm going to agree with Daniel Tosh on this one.

little over a minute in. I know many on this site hate Tosh, but whatever.

I also hate the smell of weed SO much so I would prefer to keep it illegal for that aspect too because I don't want to smell it more than I have to.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Ugh... this thread again. Unless I've already posted in it since it is quite old. So I'll just say what I've said before...

Ok, either make weed legal or alcohol illegal. One way or another. It doesn't make sense to have certain things illegal while others are legal. Even the "hard" drugs people still get, so just by saying they're illegal stops no one. All it does is put junkies in need of medical help in jail. If it were up to me, I'd make smoking and drinking illegal as well, but we all know that no one will follow/enforce those rules anyway.

And pot is so common and easy to get that the fact that it's still illegal is kind of a joke.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
Elcarsh said:
Adam28 said:
You see the problem is, it is the increase in "retards" we will see that should keep it illegal. If you are saying about 50% can't handle it (which I know may not be true) then we don't want it easier for those people to obtain it as well as increase in people smoking weed. Yes, it is unfair on you guys that can handle the drug but we have to consider society as a whole.
What harm do they do to society that justifies a complete ban on the substance?
Drug driving - it may not increase to a point as bad as drunk driving but it will increase.

Lung Disease and Cancer - Again, may not be as bad as tobacco but will still cause an increase in both. Some people mix it with tobacco too, although it is unfair on those who don't, it could mean an increase in smokers.

Fertility - Apparently it can reduce sperm count in a Man after heavy use, as well as reduce the chances of Women getting pregnant after heavy use.

Concentration - Can cause problems in learning and concentration.

Mental problems - It can cause people to become anxious, suspicious or paranoid.

Even if the drug isn't as bad as alcohol or tobacco, we still are introducing (or increasing) these problems by legalising the drug. It doesn't matter if people can be responsible either, there is always going to be a lot of people causing problems just like with alcohol.

Janktrio

Oct 25, 2010
I'd say make marijuana illegal. Along with tobacco. Smoking stuff in general is bad for you, that's why your body tries to cough it up, because it's SMOKE! You don't stand around a campfire trying to breath in the heavy black smoke so why do the same for weed or tobacco? Although weed should be illegal for other reasons including high addiction rates, being a "gateway drug" in that once you smoke weed for a while you'll end up craving a bigger high and end up going for more dangerous drugs, and loss of motivation. That last one I think is the most serious because it's more permamnent and long term. My teacher had told us of his friend who smoked weed. At first just casually and later, after a while, at least once a day. Afterward he quit smoking weed but he already ended up with the long term effects of loss of motivation, in that he never felt motivated to do anything, even getting up to turn off his stove or getting a job or changing his clothes. He would just kinda be like "Eh, I'll do it later." Also people claiming weed is just as safe as alcohol are silly. Drinking alcohol casually doesn't have any negative consequences. Smoking weed casually does because even 1 joint is equivalent to 20 cigarettes in terms of likelihood to develop lung cancer. So that's my two cents, ban tobacco and weed and keep alcohol legal.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
I don't smoke, never have. I think marijuana should be legalized and made into the next cigarette. Put an age limit on purchasing it and tax the ever living shit out of it. Smokers wouldn't bat an eyelash. The tax dollars from it could go to so many useful things.