Poll: Weed - Legal or Illegal?

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
I could honestly care less, mainly because I'm all for human self-mutilization. It's funny really. But if you're going to bring Marijuana into the mainstream, at least outlaw something like...tobacco, or alcohol.

Jun 11, 2008
No need to make it more accessible than it already is. If people really want they can get it. Sure they may get an "inferior" product(eg terrible things go into soap bar). Personally I think all things like that should be illegal and culturally shunned but I know this won't ever happen. We have enough bad shit legal can't that be good enough? You could just go to The Netherlands.

Marsell

Nov 20, 2008
Make it legal
the only reason people haven't made it legal yet is because they believe that if it became legal, every ghost story and boogieman tied to pot will happen all at once everywhere.

Alanj95

Aug 20, 2010
Should be legal, and there should also be laws to make sure that the companies that handle it don't put shit in it like tabacco companies do with cigarettes.

Janktrio

Oct 25, 2010
Elcarsh said:
Janktrio said:
I'd say make marijuana illegal. Along with tobacco. Smoking stuff in general is bad for you, that's why your body tries to cough it up, because it's SMOKE! You don't stand around a campfire trying to breath in the heavy black smoke so why do the same for weed or tobacco? Although weed should be illegal for other reasons including high addiction rates, being a "gateway drug" in that once you smoke weed for a while you'll end up craving a bigger high and end up going for more dangerous drugs, and loss of motivation. That last one I think is the most serious because it's more permamnent and long term. My teacher had told us of his friend who smoked weed. At first just casually and later, after a while, at least once a day. Afterward he quit smoking weed but he already ended up with the long term effects of loss of motivation, in that he never felt motivated to do anything, even getting up to turn off his stove or getting a job or changing his clothes. He would just kinda be like "Eh, I'll do it later." Also people claiming weed is just as safe as alcohol are silly. Drinking alcohol casually doesn't have any negative consequences. Smoking weed casually does because even 1 joint is equivalent to 20 cigarettes in terms of likelihood to develop lung cancer. So that's my two cents, ban tobacco and weed and keep alcohol legal.
First, learn to use paragraphs.

Second, not one single thing you just said about marijuana is true, not a single one. Would it have hurt you that much if you had just bothered to read up on the subject?
Would it hurt you to explain your side of the argument instead of simply stating that everything I said was wrong?

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Don't just keep it illegal, wipe the damn stuff off the planet. Smells like shit and I have to deal with my friends smelling of it quite often.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Elcarsh said:
Generic Gamer said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article648195.ece
increase in crime among users. Again, least biased article source I could get.
I just have to mention that I found quite an alarmingly idiotic quote in that article;

"Mr Davy said that the downgrading of cannabis to a Class C category had sent out the wrong message to vulnerable young people and he cited the case of a 15-year-old boy who had come before Bradford Crown Court accused of murdering one of his brothers in a frenzied knife attack after drinking up to seven cans of lager and smoking several joints"

So, he drank up to seven cans of lager and smoked a few joints, and it's the joints they focus on?!

It's video game violence all over again; some guy plays Doom for an hour then gets high on heroin, cocaine and LSD all at once, then murders someone, and Jack Thompson instantly blames the video game.
You seem to be a supporter of weed legalization, seeing as you attempt to correct everyone who does not see it your way. Its a disgusting habit and should be wiped off the Earth. Why don't you just accept that some people don't want weed to be legal like you?

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Elcarsh said:
Peteron said:
Don't just keep it illegal, wipe the damn stuff off the planet. Smells like shit and I have to deal with my friends smelling of it quite often.
Isn't that what they've been pouring millions upon millions each year and an untold number of man hours into doing for the last half a century?

Tell me, how's that been working out?
Once again, you attempt to do the same thing. You know, maybe you should try not arguing with every person who disagrees with you? I am not telling every person that they are wrong like you are, I am simply saying my belief and leaving it at that. However, you are giving the impression that you are correct no matter what. You have spoken your opinion, now why don't you give it a rest? I dunno, get high, as you people seem to enjoy doing. :)

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Elcarsh said:
Janktrio said:
Would it hurt you to explain your side of the argument instead of simply stating that everything I said was wrong?
No need, really. Every single thing you said about weed was a lie. Just pick out all your statements of "fact" in your post, then look up the actual FACTS about them, and you're set.
Also, this is a forum site. You just state your opinion and thats that. Its not as if your actually changing anything. So just calm down about it, kay? :)