Poll: What browser do you use?

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
My parents are staunch IE users
I've gotten my brother to upgrade to using Firefox
And I use Chrome

I use to love using Firefox but something with it doesn't work well anymore and despite having adblock enabled on it, it's failing to block stupid ads. And keeps crashing and shit. And that's just checking facebook that it will. So, since I am not having issues yet on Chrome, that's what I'm down to using now.

TheArcaneThinker

Jul 19, 2014
Firefox is the best because it is much stabler than chrome and others . Chrome cant handle 20 tabs , it slows down and crashes while Firefox can and is also highly customizable .

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Chrome because it's fast. But lately I've had to use IE to upload videos to Youtube, something somewhere broke and I don't feel like fixing it. IE really is shit though.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I've used Chrome for several years now. Used to use IE, but the relative simplicity and performance of Chrome made me make the switch.

I will use Firefox or IE in cases where it's absolutely necessary, but that's probably a once-a-year type of occurrence.

TheArcaneThinker

Jul 19, 2014
Smooth Operator said:
Sadly FF got bloated over the years so it's not the best choice performance wise
Its not bloated . Just remove the toolbars and menus you don't need . I right now have nothing more than the menu bar and some tabs BTW you can press F11 to give your browser a better view .

Nukekitten

Sep 21, 2014
I used Opera for many years, but then they trashed it and I can't find the old version on their site. So, now I use Firefox. I haven't had too many problems with it, it's crashed on occasion but then again so did Opera ? the time between crashes is tolerable considering I don't type a lot of stuff directly into it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Firefox. I am too accustom to it's layout (even after that annoying update, someone link me for a plugins for the classic version) since I find Chrome layout far too minium for my taste.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I use Firefox. I've always liked it's layout and asthetic and I am just comfortable using it now, I also haven't had any major problems with it.

I've though about switching to Chrome as I hear it has better performance and I don't use many plugins on Firefox anyway but I have all my bookmarks and history on Firefox and don't really feel like switching.

Qwurty2.0

Apr 21, 2011
Google Chrome for general browsing, as it's fast, light, and simple.

Firefox for school stuff, only because I like to keep school/business and general/fun stuff separate. I don't use FF for general browsing because it seems to be a memory hog and slow at times.

Opera for streaming Twitch streams on my laptop. I was going to use it for general browsing but it seemed a bit quirky when I first started using it, and simple went back to Chrome.

I never really have to use Internet Explorer unless I'm checking to make sure a website I'm developing is working on it.

gnihton

Mar 18, 2012
TheArcaneThinker said:
Firefox is the best because it is much stabler than chrome and others . Chrome cant handle 20 tabs , it slows down and crashes while Firefox can and is also highly customizable .
I think you're confusing personal preference for fact.

To make matters worse, I remember seeing benchmarks which demonstrated that Chrome is more efficient than Firefox, plus I personally consider the UI of Chrome much better from my brief encounters with FF.

"Chrome can't handle 20 tabs" shows your bias. I regularly have massive amounts of tabs open, just a day or two ago I had 15+ tabs open on two separate windows (likely over 20) plus 5 or 6 on a third for reasons that escape me now, I think one was work, one was play, and the other was so I could play a Town Of Salem with my friends on a second monitor (which is quite an intensive browser game).

I bet if I did the same with Firefox it would either start to have slowdown/other issues in program or eat my PC's resources. I can do ridiculous things like that in Chrome with no performance impact whatsoever, I was even running the Evolve Alpha in borderless over it at the time.

Tl;dr for the OP: I think Chrome is generally considered the best browser, and quite fairly so.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
I mostly use Chrome nowadays, I used to only use Firefox but they went through a period of being glitchy and its too much hassle to swap out again at this point.

Plus Chrome is currently the only browser supporting 60fps Youtube video playback currently and HTML5 natively.

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
I use Pale Moon [http://www.palemoon.org/]. It is based on Firefox but optimised and with none of the stupid Chrome clone UI that Firefox decided to go with for some reason. It also takes a stance of not including unstable experimental features that Firefox likes to drop into the release branch every so often.

I don't like chrome because the UI feels massively oversimplified and with almost no customisation. Firefox was acceptable until recently when they too dumbed down the UI and removed customisation. I've never really used Opera, but I hear they also went down a similar path.

With all the Chrome clones saturating the market, Pale Moon is pretty much the only thing left with the interface customisation power of old Firefox.

seris

Oct 14, 2013
i used to use chrome for a long time until it was unable to play youtube videos in 720P fullscreen. i switched to firefox and now i can watch 1080 and 1440 P videos, would be nice to have that 60fps though

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
TheArcaneThinker said:
You are mistaken, sir. I frequently have well over 50 tabs open in Chrome without issue.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Opera. Like Chrome it's based on Webkit but it isn't filled with Google spyware.

Gamer87

Nov 22, 2013
Internet Explorer and I HAVE NO IDEA WHY. IT'S HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!! *curls up into fetal position and cries bitter tears*

Old habits die hard I guess. I'm just so used to the layout.

Rob Robson

Feb 21, 2013
Maxthon, because after Opera's demise, it is the sole remaining non-Chromekit browser (except for IE, lol, and the now-bloated FF) and I want Google to die.

Also, it is very convenient to be able to download any flash video from anywhere I please and get an .mp4

erbkaiser said:
Opera. Like Chrome it's based on Webkit but it isn't filled with Google spyware.
Negative, Opera had its own engine up until 12.16, and the versions after that actually adopted Google's webkit source, Chromium.

There are three non-Chromium options: Maxthon, Firefox, IE. (And Safari I guess, but come on)
Maxthon and Chrome both adopted Webkit, but evolved separately, neither has anything to do with the other.

Even Sleipnir uses Chromekit.