Poll: What browser do you use?

Sable Gear

Mar 26, 2009
Chrome for everything but YouTube. Since my YouTube Google account (THANKS, merger) is different from my main Gmail, I can't be simultaneously logged in to both in the same browser.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Internet Explorer. It's fast, reliable, and I love the interf... sorry, I'll stop now.

I use Google Chrome though I think Firefox is pretty well just as good. I just like Chrome because it's tied to all of my Google stuff making it more convenient. Then again, I haven't tried Firefox in quite some time so maybe it has some nifty new features.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Zipa said:
Olas said:
I use IE because I like the look and speed. It's also apparently got better anti-virus protection than the other browsers. I'd have no problem using Chrome or even Firefox but I don't see any real need to switch.

Zipa said:
Plus Chrome is currently the only browser supporting 60fps Youtube video playback currently and HTML5 natively.
Youtube videos run fine on IE11.
Not in 60FPS they don't, its currently a Chrome only feature.
As of today also in Opera, Youtube no longer blocks it. But only in the HTML5 client.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Sable Gear said:
Chrome for everything but YouTube. Since my YouTube Google account (THANKS, merger) is different from my main Gmail, I can't be simultaneously logged in to both in the same browser.
I use both - I do have two Google accounts and one of them I use for YouTube, the other for (mostly) Google Docs and it works. Not terribly well, mind you but it's possible. You would need to figuratively explain at length that, yes, you have two accounts and, no, you don't want them to be the same account and, yes, you want to use THIS one, not THAT one, to access THIS thing, but it works.

Aetherlblade

Mar 1, 2010
Sable Gear said:
You can, actually. Log in on your gmail first, then go to youtube, and then select add account in the top right. That lets you use 2 accounts, which I do too for the same reason.

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
I switched entirely to Chrome a few months ago, I used IE up until about a year ago, and then only used IE on my laptop. Now I just entirely use Chrome, I have IE installed for some flash games but other then that I just use chrome.

IE wasn't as bad as people say, the only thing was chrome seems to load slightly faster so I prefer it. Additionally, Chrome has a better add-on service and I use ad block on my laptop when browsing unfamiliar websites because some webpages can crash my weak laptop. Escapist loads fine with ads enabled though so I have them enabled here.

One thing I will say for IE is that it is my favorite for flash games. I used to be much more into flash when I was younger and found that Chrome especially had even more trouble running graphic intensive flash animations and games. The sound desync is really bad on Chrome as well while IE almost works as well as a standalone flashplayer. Plus flash games that save data on your computer are stored in a folder and I have no clue where chrome hides those files so I always use IE when playing a large flash game.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I've got Firefox and Chrome installed with IE stubbornly clinging to its preordained space on my hard drive.

I use Firefox pretty much exclusively, but if something doesn't work or is buggy, I'll use Chrome/IE. Just prefer Firefox's UI to Chrome's.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
I like Chrome. It's simple, sleek, non-obtrusive and visually pleasing. However, I use Firefox on occasion. While I don't like it as much as Chrome, it's perfectly fine in terms of both form and function.

duwenbasden

King of the Celery people
Jan 18, 2012
Firefox/Chrome on the desktop and laptop;
Chrome at work and on the tablet.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
II use Opera on my laptop, and Firefox on my main desktop. Thinking about switching to Chrome later.

AgedGrunt

Dec 7, 2011
Firefox. Have tried Chrome several times but it's less intuitive, too minimalist and lacks the configuration of FF. Seems to have better library of add-ons, but it also doesn't out-perform FF; YMMV. Maybe vanilla there's a difference in speed, but once I start throwing on extras they're about the same.

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
chrome, firefox has crashed on several occasions with youtube for me, some years ago, have switched since.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Zipa said:
Olas said:
I use IE because I like the look and speed. It's also apparently got better anti-virus protection than the other browsers. I'd have no problem using Chrome or even Firefox but I don't see any real need to switch.

Zipa said:
Plus Chrome is currently the only browser supporting 60fps Youtube video playback currently and HTML5 natively.
Youtube videos run fine on IE11.
Not in 60FPS they don't, its currently a Chrome only feature.
Have you actually tested it out? Because I have, and it works in IE11 (desktop mode). This isn't up for debate. Go see yourself if you don't believe me.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
I probably use Safari and FireFox equally.
Firefox with my computer and Safari when I'm on my tablet and phone.
My guess is that I use Safari slightly more often because most of the time I can't be bothered to boat up anything.

Lauraofthenorth

Jun 5, 2014
I usually use Firefox or Safari... because I'm a Mac owner (ooh er)
I used to use Google Chrome but then I found out, on Mac at least, Google Chrome was using up almost 50% of my processing power so it was causing my laptop to overheat a lot.
Before anyone says it. It /was/ the browser, not my laptop. Since I video edit and game on this laptop and it's never shut down before through those.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Firefox. The latest versions are becoming a bit resource intensive, so I might switch to something else soon.

On that subject, this topic inspired me to install chrome earlier today. Then I noticed it was consuming half my CPU power after it had been closed. I have now uninstalled chrome. Or more accurately, I tried to uninstall Chrome, and the uninstaller immediately hid itself, started consuming more resources while apparently not actually uninstalling anything. What fun.

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
Chrome. It's convenient to be able to have everything together in one unified platform. (Email, Drive, Youtube) I also like the UI. And the fact that my bookmarks are shared from PC to mobile as well as history, settings, etc, etc.