Poll: What character archetype are you?

DotSlash

Knives on Full Auto!
Nov 20, 2011
I generally play ninjas, because I enjoy seeing my screen fill with a lot of criticals.
I also tend to play the "unique" types, because having a new way to play aside from the generic warrior/healer/ranger is always nice.

wookiee777

Mar 5, 2012
What would be the rough equivalent of a Ritualist from Guild Wars 1 that uses both Channeling and Restoration Magic?

EboMan7x

Jul 20, 2009
In the sort of DnD, Dragon Ageish kind of thing I feel you're talking about, I'm def a mage. However, the fantasy RPG I've logged the most hours in is definitely Skyrim, and in that I like playing as a rouge. Depending on the game I'll generally go with whichever kind of class allows me to get through a fight without a scratch as long as I plan accordingly. And you know what... your thread made me start thinking about whether I shouldn't give being a bit more tactical as a mage another try, and I'm about to lose another 100 hours. [Shakes fist sort in anger, with barely suppressed joy and giddiness]

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
In real-time RPGs, I like Red Mage type characters who can do a bit of everything. While I put the focus on magic, I like to have a decent physical attack to fall back on should the need arise.

I really liked the characters in Tales of Graces because of this. All of them have useful A-Artes (standard attacks) AND B-Artes (magic and such), instead of just useful B-Artes and crappy A-Artes (or vice-versa). Richard was my favourite. He has good single-target spells, good AOE, a spell that can heal himself, some of the most powerful skills in the game and fast, moderately powerful rapier artes. He sacrifices some stats in areas like defence, but his overall utility is high.

If things are NOT real-time, though, and a player's skill is not as big a factor as a character's stats, I tend to go full mage. KILL EVERYTHING WITH FIRE.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
As always, there are too many rogues for my liking. Needs more classes that can fight straight up, like my paladin.

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
i always go for the hunter or whatever has a animal companion to kill things with. :) if that doesnt work, i go for theif/assassin.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Well I generally play rouge, ranger and mage depending on they play. I particularly like using stealth, traps, crowd control, debuffs ect and like my character to be relatively fragile. I don?t know, I guess I like to feel like I?m outsmarting my enemy with finesse and subterfuge rather than being a power house. lol

BigOrteil

Apr 2, 2011
I didn't check Paladin because of the description. I generally play a Holy warrior with divine power but I' no protector. Guarding people from harm isn't really fun to me. I prefer doing damage. That's why my main on WoW always has been a Retributation Paladin.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I'm a wizard!

I like playing a glass cannon where whoever gets hit first dies. I love nuking shit and running away like a scared little girl if an enemy so much as coughs at me. Necro would be my second again as a weak character that uses an army of minions to protect me.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Tazzy da Devil said:
I either play mage or ranger. Bottom line, I want to be as far away from the enemy as possible.
Pretty much this. When I play rogue, I use archery skills, otherwise I'm a Mage. Usually using area of effect spells.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
Hide in shadows.
Wait.
Wait for it.
Not just yet...

Arrow.
Arrow, arrow.
Arrow, arrow, arrow...

All crits and headshots.

Bows.

taciturnCandid

Dec 1, 2010
I've always been the healer archtype, but i prefer ranged stuff.

Except in D&D. I love the halfling dog rider that charges with a lance

Whoatemysupper

Aug 20, 2010
I go with Paladin, but I imagine my character is secretly manipulating everyone and abusing his power.

Aug 1, 2010
Necromancer/Warlock

Why should [i/]I[/i] do any work when I can give someone the strength of a mouse and then have my horde of midget demons dogpile on them?

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
necro, always. Death magic, dark magic, etc etc are my type of thing. That being said, warrior classes tend to be completely op in just about any game, soooo yea i gotta have a warrior secondary

pipsiscool

Aug 17, 2011
I always go for rouge/assasins because I try to play my characters as close to myself as possible, i.e. I'm a total whimp and would have to stay on the edge of a battle. Also I wouldn't be strong enough to use a 2h sword or an axe or something so I'd have to use daggers...

Bombchucker

Oct 2, 2012
It depends how I feel when I start the game and what the different mechanics are for each class but most of the time I choose a rouge/assassins because I love taking out my targets through stealth.