Poll: What did you do in the call of duty no russian mission

TheScottishFella

The Know-it all Detective
Nov 9, 2009
I want to find out how what you did I won't judge however if you tick the I felt guilty then tell me why? oh don't pull the family card the Baddies might of had family as well

So tell me

EDIT: yes I and everyone else knows it is a game and I don't think it is controversy for gods sake so stop pointing that out

ADDED MORE OPTIONS

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
First time, I killed everyone and everything, no mercy. well, maybe mercy killings.
Second time, I only killed the riot cops that I had to kill.

imahobbit4062 said:
I used the Search Bar.
and this.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
I tried to loot some shops, but the game didn't let me.
Then I procceeded to a drink wending machine to buy a Coke, but all that came out was some green stuff and the game didn't even let me drink it.
I was then shot by Makarov for cowardly not drinking it.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
I killed them all. I have never met anyone that "felt guilty" or moved in any way after playing that mission, maybe that's something that's just in teh U.S.? Discuss.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I think it was really boring and annoying, after the first time I turned the entire section off.

odBilal

Feb 7, 2009
i shot at the people and failed the mission since i have the german version -.-

JRShield

Dec 9, 2009
Killed as many as I could, especially those that where already down and injured. Moehahahahahaha!

Luckily it's just a game.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Right Trigger held down very firmly.
The Left Trigger also got some use.

TheScottishFella

The Know-it all Detective
Nov 9, 2009
chstens said:
I killed them all. I have never met anyone that "felt guilty" or moved in any way after playing that mission, maybe that's something that's just in teh U.S.? Discuss.
I don't beileve that however this thing was prompted when A friend of mine said she felt sorry for the people she was killing.

Sccye

Sep 17, 2008
Started off grinning like a maniac and emptying hundreds of delicious bullets into the fleeing man-cattle. Then, when you see the sheer number of dead bodies, hear their screams and so on... it sorta hit me funny.

Construably, these might nearly just have been *people*. Mindless slaughter and violence in games like GTA isn't so bad, because it's so clearly caricatured. I mean, if you've got a pink afro, an eyepatch and do it with a double-ended dildo you found in the police station, it's just somehow not so serious. Especially when the little old lady / lonely fat guy pulls a knife and starts fighting back. It's just slapstick.

In MW2, it was just a bit grim. I wanted to chuckle exuberantly and guffaw at their little fally-over death spasms. To revel in their futile attempts to not die. But the aspect of the whole thing being like some kind of slightly black, comic pantomime was gone. Even in Soldier of Fortune II or other more hyper-violent games, the enemies and the people you were killing with homogeneous, blocky masses of polygons. I could gleefully shoot a man's kneecaps out, his gun from his hand and walk after him with a hunting knife while he tries to desparately stagger away on his ruined, mangled stumps of flesh. The screams were funny, in some horrible, black way. The whole thing was stylised to be ridiculous. The cries of agony, the movements, the aesthetic was all quite ridiculous and detached. Here there was a conscious effort to make not only the death itself realistic, but the atmosphere and the responses of the others. People twitched and fell, as in any other FPS.

But Makarov's cold detachment, the pace of his stroll, the complete *coldness* of all the other terrorists to the affair. They might as well have been going for a leisurely stroll in the park. In games like SOF2, nobody gave a shit when somebody else died. You didn't have any comrades, to speak of, who gave a truly moral dimension to your actions. Same true of most other games where you're the single moral agent. I tried to do that in MW2, like I usually do. But you didn't initiate the act. It wasn't your plan. These people weren't incidental. I couldn't be detached in the way I usually am. Which is really interesting, now that I think about it. Sorry for the wall-of-text. Was trying to pin down what it was that made me actually feel guilty and wrong in playing that section of the game.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
I laughed while shooting the civilian carrying someone else. I said 'Hey if you didn't carry them you'd have lived a few seconds longer!'

I don't why people are getting all crybaby over it, its just a game, if you wanted deep symbolic meaning while reflecting on your morals and obligations and bla bla bla read a fucking book.

Beartrucci

Jun 19, 2009
My friend made such a big deal out of it saying how he felt guilty and such and then I actually played it and............................that's it?

It was just shooting at pixels with some ragdoll physics thrown in there, along with random screams along the way.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
odBilal said:
i shot at the people and failed the mission since i have the german version -.-
Ironic isnt it? You government killed millions of Jews in gas chambers but wont let you shoot a bunch of Innocents as an American.
The jews weren't innocent though, moneyhogging bastards.. ;D

if you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm but you have to understand that this government isn't the same as the one 60 years ago and they want to PREVENT the same from happening..

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
WanderFreak said:
Well first I shot some people, then I stripped down and rubbed their blood and brain matter all over me. Now, while holding a battle axe above my head crying out to the great Dwarven lord Baelin, I charged forth and cut a deep swath through the travelers, showing no mercy and granting no quarter! I let all who stood before me taste of the cold steel of my axe! THIS DAY! MY NAME WOULD FOREVER BE REMEMBERED AS... THE NO RUSSIAN!
I like the way you think, you're hired!

I shot everyone, cursed the slow reloding of LMGs, shot everyone else and used grenades for those crafty bastards who wanted to hang back. Oh and knifed everyone who was crawling away wounded. Then ate a sandwhich and applauded myself for good aim and reflexes.