Poll: What do you do when you've been killed for the 10th time in the same place?

Dash-X

Aug 17, 2009
NicolasMarinus said:
UpSkirtDistress said:
Depends on the game really call of duty or anything with loads of checkpoints fair enough, anything where you have to reload a save point from a little while back can fuck off
What about those boss fights where you have to see that 1 minute long cut scene before the fight again and again, every time you die!?
Those boss fights are the devil! Even worse if you can't skip the cutscene.

Kavachi

Sep 18, 2009
Well, I played 2 hard games lately, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Dragon Age Origins. And after millions of ragequits and restarts, it worked out! Those mean developers won't beat mah supah awsome skills! :p

Oh right, almost forgot about the Myst series I played a few years ago, those were goddamn mean, but very rewarding when done. (howeever you didn't die, you just got stuck)I never really got to the end of Myst 3, just moved on to 4 ;)

shotfun9

Jun 19, 2008
It's at these moments that the number of dents my machete makes in my desk oddly multiply like flies on a dead cow corpse.

NicolasMarinus

Sep 21, 2009
I forgot one option:

Throw the computer/console out the window and go on a killing spree in the nearby supermarket yelling
"The darkness will consume you, Ubisoft!" from the top of your lungs.

NicolasMarinus

Sep 21, 2009
Dash-X said:
NicolasMarinus said:
UpSkirtDistress said:
Depends on the game really call of duty or anything with loads of checkpoints fair enough, anything where you have to reload a save point from a little while back can fuck off
What about those boss fights where you have to see that 1 minute long cut scene before the fight again and again, every time you die!?
Those boss fights are the devil! Even worse if you can't skip the cutscene.
That's what I've been experiencing in Prince of Persia Two Thrones of late. What where they thinking?

Hikikomori Ookami

Jun 26, 2009
I'll try at least ten times until I decide to give it a rest and come back to it fresh a couple days later. Or at least play a good old fashioned game like Vice City where I can run around killing prosties.

Feb 14, 2008
Eleuthera said:
try 1-5 keep at it
try 5-10 try new tactics
look online
10-15 try found tactics
give up (for the night at least, possibly for a few weeks)
try again miraculously get it in a single try

This seems to be my pattern lately
This is and has always been how I do things

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Depends on the reason.

If my deaths were due to inherently poor controls, poor camera angles or a pre-scripted event that makes no sense in-game, I feel like grinding my teeth to powder.

If the reason was a cleverly designed trap, an overwhelming believable ambush by enemy forces ('Finally! At last they are learning that I'm doom incarnate and nothing short of this can kill me')or a challenge that simply requires timing and precision due to the nature of the challenge, I feel like grinning and saying 'Finally, some challenge! I was about to play Megaman 2 again'

Elburzito

Feb 18, 2009
-Stranger- said:
If I paid for the game, I may as well try and finish it. Or, give up and try at it again tomorrow. You'll usually be able to do it in one try.
I agree with this guy completely.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
Depends on the game, the difficulty, and why im doing it

It took me two hours but I got Mile High Club in COD4 Just cause I wanted to get it before my friends (This was a couple of Months ago)

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Realise that even one as awesome as me have lititations, pick up the controller form the floor and starts using my hands instead of my feet, then when it's back to nub-cake baking i'll switch back and play with my feet again.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Eleuthera said:
try 1-5 keep at it
try 5-10 try new tactics
look online
10-15 try found tactics
give up (for the night at least, possibly for a few weeks)
try again miraculously get it in a single try

This seems to be my pattern lately
This sounds about right. Attempted improvement, innovation, GameFAQs, epiphany, in that order. If it gets to the point where I'm just not good enough, cheat codes may be employed, but that's exceedingly rare.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I keep at it. Apparently i'm actually quite a laid back person, so when I start shouting and muttering to myself, the rest of the family/flatmates (depending where I am) will come and investigate, as a result, everyone joins in and has a go while I calm down. Its actually quite fun, and it works quite well as a bonding excercise :)

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Look, splintercell was like that for me, I never finished the first or second game, the 3rd game, I got to the last mission and looked for the entire time period for some stupid fucking computer, I never found it, the U.S.S Ronald Regan sank. I tried that mission once and I never retried it.

NicolasMarinus

Sep 21, 2009
Alucard 11189 said:
I keep at it. Apparently i'm actually quite a laid back person, so when I start shouting and muttering to myself, the rest of the family/flatmates (depending where I am) will come and investigate, as a result, everyone joins in and has a go while I calm down. Its actually quite fun, and it works quite well as a bonding excercise :)
Or how to turn a bad situation into a fun moment! :)

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
lol, You won't beat me you stupid developers.

For me, I start saying, "I will not be defeated. I will destroy you."

both from Final Fantasy X:

battle where you HAVE to use Khimari: I only used him to use the scan ability. That fight was so hard. When my friend was playing through I asked him why he doesn't use Khimari, and he said that he thinks Khimari is a useless character and everyone else was better. I then told him to start using Khimari as a main and get him into Auron's path.
When he got past the Khimari battle, I asked him how the fight was, and he said it was easy, then I reminded him that he had almost never used Khimari, and that the fight is a ***** if you don't use him.

and Yunaleska (cheating Megadeath whore.)
When I finally got to Yunalesca and decided to check who had armor strong against death? Khimari... Deathward...

I eventually got Auto-Life and let Tidus copy it.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
*Ragequit.*
Get bored after 5 minutes.
"So, game, we meet again..."