Poll: What do you do with no internet?

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I lived at a piece-of-shit house during the beginning of my last semester at the university. The people living there never told me when bills were due except during the day before shit got shut off. Our internet went down right after christmas, and I was without direct access to internet for about 2 months before I moved out.
I watched movies when I could, and played fallout 3 a lot to ease the pain of no constant novelty.
Overall, though, I could survive another 2 months w/o internet.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
I do the things people did before the internet.............. like um you Know............Oh Crap Homicidal Rampage

ninja steve

Jul 4, 2009
i cry cause you just cant take the loss of a certain dodgy console (thanks microsoft repairing it would have been great) and the internet in the same lifetime

Doomdiver

Mar 30, 2009
I sit there for a while thinking:
"Hmmm what can I do? Ooo I can go play battlefiled, oh wait I need the internet for that... I can go on MSN/forums! Oh wait I need internet for that."

After this stage I usually either go play single player games or read books.

Grayl

Jun 9, 2009
I play single-player games. Last time my Internet died (for a month or so), I played through Mass Effect and did 100% of the game.

Oh yeah, and "Gently rock in the corner" made me laugh. I don't know why; it just sounds funny.

eatenbyagrue

Dec 25, 2008
I'm generally quite a busy person: I could do my homework, practice my Spanish, study Sociological theorems, read my backlog of books, finish my stat sheets for d20 system World War II weapons, prepare for my weekly D&D session, whatever really.

jamesbong00spliff

Aug 27, 2008
As of late, my interbuttz has been constantly disconnecting, during the 10 seconds that it takes to reconnect, i'll get really angry, start swearing, curse my internet provider and thenOOOOH THE INTERNETS BACK!

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Had an ice storm a few years back... lost power at our house so we went to a hotel that luckily still had power... 90% of the city was out of power so we couldn't really go anywhere... oh, and the cable was out in the hotel... so, I went home and brought my xbox and that was surviving the ice storm... sitting in a hotel room, playing Black all day, and listening to my sister constantly ***** about any game I tried to play... good times...

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
I have a short list:
Read
Watch T.V.
Play Cricket
Ride my bike
Sleep
Go for a walk
Have a wa...
Play PC games
Drink
Go see my girlfriend

Actually, thinking about it going on the internet is more a case of what I do when I'm not doing one of the above, not the other way round.

AllHailTheAltmer

Jan 25, 2009
It doesn't affect my gaming because I'm much more of a single player type of dude. When the internet goes down, I usually just go find something else to do, like watch TV or play video games.

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
It scares me to think that 14% of people chose homicidal rampage. It scares me even more that I chose it too.