Poll: What do YOU expect from HL2: Episode 3?

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
I just played HL2EP2 last week (got it in the Steam Christmas Sale) and I can now see why everyone's champing at the bit for ep 3. Helicopter combat, probing the secrets of the Borealis, snagging some tricked-out anti-Advisor weapon and wreaking some gory green revenge. Other than that, I'm not looking for nor expecting much.

I do, however, suspect that episode 3 will not be the end of the Half-Life saga. They'd be nuts to pull that particular gravy train into the station when so much of the work for further packs is already done.

-Nick

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Well I know after so many years, no one would be stupid enough to call it Half Life 2: Episode 3, obviously it's gonna be Half Life 3

I can't wait for it, I expect Chell to be there (well I hope she will be) or GLaDoS

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
i think it'll be a slightly shorter version of half-life 2 with alll its brilliance and variety. that's what it's shaping up to be judging by the lack of word, time taken, and the fact that a major character just DIED and they're heading to antaractica(?) to solve a portal related mystery. which is prefectly fine for me. i'll wait a thousand years if it brings a quality game.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
A conclusion...that is all...no more no less...God damn you Valve you better deliver, it's not like you were rushed or anything :eek:p

MDDC

Oct 2, 2009
If I was to choose sex every day for the rest of my life with any woman I want...

or play Half Life 2: Episode 3.

...i'd choose Episode 3.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well as much time this is taking them I imagine it will come with a blow-job dispenser.

They may end up in the vicious Duke Nukem cycle, because they are delaying so long it will need to be rewritten in another engine, then they will polish that, add something new and again hit a snag and then again on to another engine,...
I'm sure they wont disappoint but alot of time will be wasted.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
I expect Episode 3 to be scrapped and there to be a Half-Life 3 with re-imaginative elements put in to REALLY shake things up, and to breathe fresh air into the game.
I mean, come on... Half-Life is getting old, no? Give us something updated. EVERYONE ELSE is doing it!

GamerRelic

Mar 2, 2010
Mr.K. said:
Well as much time this is taking them I imagine it will come with a blow-job dispenser.

They may end up in the vicious Duke Nukem cycle, because they are delaying so long it will need to be rewritten in another engine, then they will polish that, add something new and again hit a snag and then again on to another engine,...
well I mean,the source engine has aged very well.....

Artinam

Jan 5, 2008
Death of Freeman trough heroic sarcrifice while Alex carries his child, child grows up and we have Half Life 3.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Probably just be half life 2 again in new locations and maybe some kind of big exciting set piece at the end.
G-Man will say some mysterious stuff (Gordon won't) and someone will probably die, to add drama. I'm calling Barney.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I expect it to be vaporware for the next decade at this rate.

But for the poll's sake, Awesome.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
GamerRelic said:
Mr.K. said:

well I mean,the source engine has aged very well.....
They may not have renamed it as others do but they are constantly upgrading the engine, and I'm sure they wont release Episode 3 on an old build.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
A good and compelling storyline that wraps everything up, fun gameplay, new creatures, and at least ONE new weapon (or at least give us control of the sniper rifle, I love to get my hands on that thing).
And of course: great Valve-standard quality.