Poll: What do you think of Facebook?

Rachel317

Nov 15, 2009
I absolutely hate it, but it's free to keep in contact with friends.
It's riddled with problems which should really be easily ironed out.

When it was just a networking site, it was ok, but now they're trying to make it like that Myspace was, and it's really getting frustrating.

But, I reiterate, it's FREE.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
I don't hate words because of Twilight. I don't hate Music because of Rebecca Black. Facebook is a way to communicate, and an efficient one. I use it to keep track of friends who I have since parted ways with from College. Overall, though I shake my head at a certain few things I see, I realize that it doesn't actually hurt me.

Bugerion

Jan 10, 2011
Hate it because of the people on it although I will get an acc when I finish high school to see what are my friends doing

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
It's a useful way to keep in contact and up to date with friends, activities and nights out that have been planned.
It also reminds me of birthday which otherwise I would forget.

Absolutly nothing wrong with it.

Also I can read some peoples statuses and giggle at thier unlucky lives and that's always worth it, right?

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Hmm, interesting, I seem to have no thoughts on it whatsoever.

I did have a Hyves account once.. for about a week.. my girlfriend at the time got seriously pissed when I apparently stood labeled as "single". I erased it and never tried another so called social application.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
Seeing as how I hate talking on the phone, it's a way to keep in touch with people I normally would lose touch with.

Jaded Scribe

Mar 29, 2010
I love it. I can keep up with family and friends much easier. Especially those that live in other parts of the country and have busy schedules (making calls harder). I can see what everyone is up to, or post what I'm up to for anyone who's interested, without spending an hour +getting in touch with all my friends to chat

And with photos/videos, I love it even more. No more trying to email 30-45 people (my husband's family is stupidly large) with pics of the kids. Can just post them and be done.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
I like it for being able to stay in contact with old friends from high school that live away from me but still love to talk to.

But I hate it when it's to just shout into the internet void for some kind of validation of an incredibly vain or narcissistic lifestyle. I try to continuously keep those fb friends regulated by de-friending them or anyone else that I never really talk to or can never see myself talking to again.

That and facebook always trying to take my information, gotta keep on that to know what I'm putting out there. In the end, though it has me by the balls when it comes to keeping in close contact with out of state friends who seem to think email is obsolete...

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
All your data are belong to us, so we may auction it off to marketing firms.

Ya let me just call this one, FB is evil incarnate, and by the time people notice it will be too late.

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
Have had an account a few years. I mainly use it to keep in touch with old friends and share photos of my kids with family.
I was quite addicted to Café World but have managed to wean myself off it.

That being said, facebook completely sucks. Social tool, brilliant but it opens up a whole world of not liking what other people write to one another, feeling left out, people writing spitty little smarmy comment statuses and generally being jealous of everyone who has what you want.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Facebook is has become like a register for people on the internet.
Sorta like being in the police-registry, but by free will.

Oh, and it's EVIL!

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
I am very tentativly giving it a try, not sure if I plan to keep my account, but we will see how it unfolds.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I canceled my account over a year ago, because I think Zuckerberg is a douche and could give a shit about privacy. Not to mention closed-stock-offerings to the mega-wealthy facilitated by GoldmanSachs.

That said, there are things I miss about it. Sharing pictures with the ability to make comments amongst friends is a really great feature.

Is my life drastically different after canceling it? Not really, i just keep in contact with my friends in different ways as a result.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
jamiedf said:
its a fun way to talk with people who you otherwise wouldnt have the opportunity to.
also its fun to publicly humiliate friends at every given chance, hell me and mates have made a game of it, as the score stands im 2nd ha
at being humiliated or humiliating others?

And where is the option that I think its a great social tool but I personally do not like it and would not want an account.

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
It's useful for people with a healthy social life. Since I don't have one, I don't use it.

But I do have two accounts that use the same password, so it gets negative points in the privacy department.