Poll: What do you think of the new L4D2 survivors?

HippySecond

Jun 11, 2008
Drakulla said:
The characters look good, I'm just hoping the zombies ale different also.
think i read somewhere there are 3 new special infected and the some of the regular zombies have hazmad suits, no more burning :(

KingParappa

Apr 16, 2009
FightThePower said:
You've seen them for about 5 minutes. Give them a chance.

I do like the hill-billy mechanic. He mentions in one of IGN videos that he loves horses. Wonder if he'll be the antithesis of Francis.
Seeing as I like Francis, This will be my character. I wonder does he scream like a girl too...

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
when is this new left 4 dead coming out or when was it announced altogether?

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
Cajt said:
I, honestly, hate the whole fucking idea of making a Left 4 Dead 2 this soon after the first ones release.
Stop getting your pants in a bunch, it's Valve, the game won't be out until near the end of 2010 regardless of what the reveal says.
Also, I can't see anything worth of mention that they could possibly add to the game.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Cajt said:
Also, I can't see anything worth of mention that they could possibly add to the game.
Besides more?
More campaigns, more modes, more plot, more (much more please) weapons, more special infected, my set pieces, more booby traps, more (some) interactions with other groups of survivors.

L4D was great, but it was a bit shallow and way too short. It's proved the concept works and that online gamers can indeed work together, so 2 should beef up everything and deliver a much deeper experience, otherwise it'll come across as a rip off.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Russian_Assassin said:
Also, wtf's with the racism on the last option :S I hope it's only for shits and giggles.
Of course it's not serius...(as far as you know) *cough*

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Valve, you're worrying me.
It seems pretty true to Southern form so far and the character designs seem pretty honest, but...
It is NOT a goddamned frying pan! It is a Cast-iron skillet!

*explodes in a fury of Dixie pride*

I'm also worried that people would misinterpret the Confederate flag as being rascist...
Valve, for everyone's sake, just leave it out.

WhyteBoy

Jun 1, 2009
Valve just wants more money. They make the survival pack, an entierly new way of playing the game for free. Now they make a second one, most likely 60$, and its the same thing as the original but based in the south...Did you watch some of the game play videos? they just made the guns look different.

I dont think the characters can get better than the ones they have now.

L4d2? more like B4L. (Bill 4 life!!!)

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009

I really don't like the characters. They lack the B-movie feel. I'd say Valve should just make this into DLC, not another game.
The only way I could see the sequel working, is if they include the original survivors as well.

Also, Left 4 Dead 2? Really? Did they have to throw the number 2 in there? Give it a subtitle, it makes it sound less shitty.

TikiShades

May 6, 2009
I think I saw a white dude in a jersey and a backwards cap. That screams "New York stereotype" to me.

TriggerHappyJoe

Mar 21, 2009
After watching the trailer I thought "This better had be a f***ing joke". Hearing the man talking about his "mama" asking him if he still prayed seemed to me, if not racist then a little risque. i like the idea on melee weapons but the game is a lot less atmospheric. I mean zombie games seem a lot less fun when it is sunny because it would be easier to see things whereas in the first you had to expect the unexpected. And why is it set in America again, I'm probably only annoyed because I'm British but it is very rare that a game not about world war 2 is set anywhere in Europe. And I'm not saying the characters have to be European in fact quite the opposite I want them to be American because the European attitude towards a zombie invasion wouldn't be "use a chainsaw" or "cut 'em up!" (I had to make a crackbone joke)

Valve I'm begging you please reconsider or at least have a cameo to please people like myself.
Also still no signs of An Asian or Latin survivor.

(phew that took some time to write and first on page two ^^)

darkwater124

Mar 19, 2009
I heard about Left for Dead 2 and I honestly thought, hang on! Didn't Left for Dead (1) come out a few months ago? I have no problem if it's good, but I havn't had enough fun time with the first to be ready for a sequel. Besides, I don't think I can relate to a bunch of thugs and gangsters as opposed to regular war veterans.

WingsOfDespair

Aug 7, 2008
Cajt said:
I, honestly, hate the whole fucking idea of making a Left 4 Dead 2 this soon after the first ones release.
If you weren't aware, Valve employees are allowed to work on what ever project they want, if 90% of valve is excited about doing a sequel it's natural it'll come out really quickly after the first... (This is of course why they are so slow on HL2 episodes.... they are over it I guess?)

0thello

Apr 2, 2009
I'm already starting to dislike this site.

The characters are fine. Stereotypes = lazy writing and production. The last thing I need is more stereotypes.

The voice in the begining sounds nothing like a "gangsta". I would bet that in your mind, the second you hear an African American accent or dialect: it just blurs into one image of 50 cent to you. Geez...