Poll: What do you use: Console or PC?

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I'm quite glad you qualified that poll with "predominately". I game mostly on PC, but my PS3 is still indispensable with its double backwards compatibility.

Also, action games that naturally lend themselves to a PS3 controller, like the Batman Arkham series. Wouldn't want to bother putting that on my PC and hooking up a gamepad when there's nothing to be gained in terms of mods or fidelity.

Faulty Turmoil

Nov 25, 2009
That's a lot of PC gamers. I knew there are quite a few on this site but I didn't know there were that many.

I'm a PC gamer. Started off like that ages ago, then moved onto consoles for a long time, and finally the cycle is complete.

Sanat

Apr 7, 2012
I play both PC and Consoles. I play on PC some MMOs I like, and Battlefield 3 goes on PC. While in console I have TPS, sandboxy games and more controller friendly games.

If for console we can count portables, I have them too. So I'm mostly a jack of all trades when it comes to gaming.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Pandalisk said:
EvilMaggot said:
Pandalisk said:
EvilMaggot said:
Pandalisk said:
Lets see. I have my PC on right now, i'm next to my PS3 and the 360 is right next to it. Can i just say all?.

Three screens on this table for each thing as well, serious eyesore.
3 screens.. all for my PC.. >:) seriously awesome xD
All for your PC? do you have seperate towers or just the one? very nice though! what are inches of the screens?
1 tower :) 2x GTX570 Twin Frozr ^^

22" 24" and 24" :)

here's 3 games played at once one game on each screen from left to right, WoW(TBC private), Battlefield 3 and Guild Wars 2 :)
Wow thats a inhuman level of multi-tasking, and here i am having trouble listening to music and doing project work but your there playing three things at once.

my set up would be similar except we have a seperate small table where the tower, xbox and PS3 sit so there's a load of space and less clutter on the screen table. It also stops me from absent mindedly kicking the PC tower when i'm playing games when it used to be under the table.

Cool middle poster there by the way. I plastered my wall with game manuals.
haha was actually only a test to see if i could run 3 different games on 3 different games, mostly its Internet Browser on left, Gaming on middle, Movies/series on right :) i have a hard time now.. if im at a friends house or just another place with only one monitor.. it gets so.. cluttered on the desktop, used to have programs and such spread out across the 3 screens :p

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
EvilMaggot said:
Pandalisk said:
EvilMaggot said:
Pandalisk said:
EvilMaggot said:
Pandalisk said:
Lets see. I have my PC on right now, i'm next to my PS3 and the 360 is right next to it. Can i just say all?.

Three screens on this table for each thing as well, serious eyesore.
3 screens.. all for my PC.. >:) seriously awesome xD
All for your PC? do you have seperate towers or just the one? very nice though! what are inches of the screens?
1 tower :) 2x GTX570 Twin Frozr ^^

22" 24" and 24" :)

here's 3 games played at once one game on each screen from left to right, WoW(TBC private), Battlefield 3 and Guild Wars 2 :)
Wow thats a inhuman level of multi-tasking, and here i am having trouble listening to music and doing project work but your there playing three things at once.

my set up would be similar except we have a seperate small table where the tower, xbox and PS3 sit so there's a load of space and less clutter on the screen table. It also stops me from absent mindedly kicking the PC tower when i'm playing games when it used to be under the table.

Cool middle poster there by the way. I plastered my wall with game manuals.
haha was actually only a test to see if i could run 3 different games on 3 different games, mostly its Internet Browser on left, Gaming on middle, Movies/series on right :) i have a hard time now.. if im at a friends house or just another place with only one monitor.. it gets so.. cluttered on the desktop, used to have programs and such spread out across the 3 screens :p
Ah i know, how i ever survived doing split-screen with my brother on the 24" before we got the other one is beyond me, when i do split-screen and i don't have the entire screen to myself it feels so closterphobic xD

Quesa

Jul 8, 2009
Sadly I have no gaming budget at the moment, fortunately I'm a PC gamer. And no, no I don't pirate anything.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
X360, PS3 and my decked out gaming PC (it's not actually very good) all in equal measure... I've had my Xbox for longest though so I think I'll go with that...

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
76 pc games, 75 xbox games, 42 ps3 and 20 ps2, and 1 gamecube..

So, pretty even with pc and xbox. o_O

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
I game on the PC since my favourite genres are RTSes, grand strategy and turn-based strategy. I also like using the mouse and keyboard for shooters.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
At this point for me, it's probably a tie between PC and PS3 but I voted for PS3. PC is just so much more (I forget the word for being more advantageous and... Now I forget my second description word) But it just feels too easy. I don't feel compelled to commit to a game on my PC as I am to a game on my PS3.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Exclusively PC, I have never owned a console in over 20 years of active gaming. I prefer to have one machine that can do everything I want and do it well. My only regret is RDR.

braincore02

Jan 14, 2008
Wow I'm shocked how much PC is "winning" in this poll. I was expecting quite the opposite. PC gamer primarily here, tho I have both consoles for when I need em. I like how Wii did not make the polling list by name lol

braincore02

Jan 14, 2008
octafish said:
Exclusively PC, I have never owned a console in over 20 years of active gaming. I prefer to have one machine that can do everything I want and do it well. My only regret is RDR.
Yeah that's a damn shame. RDR was a fantastic game, probably will be remembered as one of my all-time faves.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
PC lately. As most of my friends own decent enough PC's. They game on Steam with me, have some of the same MMO's as i do and its somewhat easier to organize 3 people in the same game, rather than with XBOX Live or PSN.

Don't get me wrong, i still own consoles, and i love my PS2 and my Vita and my Gamecube, but lately my PC has been getting a rather strenuous work out.

EDIT: Why won't Rockstar bring Read Dead Redemption to the PC? PLEEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
Wait, what?! 70% of the Escapist population plays mostly on PC?

No wonder I liked these forums so much.

As for me, I grew up with PC gaming and ever since been awfully suspicious towards consoles. There is no way to fix the bugs yourself by meddling with the files. There are no mods. And there are the godawful shooter mechanics.

Consoles get many things right and seem to be the most popular gaming platforms, but it's just not my cup of tea. There are only few games which I would play on my PS3.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Picked PC because lately I have been getting most of my games on pc, though I will play my X-box or ps3 from time to time, never play my wii though.