Poll: what do you want done with your body after you die

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
Viking funeral (boat-burning. I know it's not technically historically accurate, but it's awesome) all the way, assuming money is no object. Either that or a big-ass funeral pyre somewhere snowy. I'm a Northman at heart, despite being born in New Zealand

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Closed casket with all functioning organs donated to those in need.

If I can help someone even after I die, that's all that matters.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
One word: Zombie.

This way it's like I get the final laugh.

Actually I don't really care.

assassinslover

Apr 14, 2009
I doubt that this is going to happen seeing as I'm registered as an organ donor and there's probably laws and the like against it...

...but I would really like my body put on a boat with some flowers and a couple trinkets that were important to me, then pushed out to sea and set on fire with flaming arrows.

:D

assassinslover

Apr 14, 2009
Odinsson said:
Viking funeral (boat-burning. I know it's not technically historically accurate, but it's awesome) all the way, assuming money is no object. Either that or a big-ass funeral pyre somewhere snowy. I'm a Northman at heart, despite being born in New Zealand
Exactly. :D

Nerdstar

Apr 29, 2011
im reminded of what Diogenes of Sinope said When asked how he wished to be buried, he left instructions to be thrown outside the city wall so wild animals could feast on his body. When asked if he minded this, he said, "Not at all, as long as you provide me with a stick to chase the creatures away!" When asked how he could use the stick since he would lack awareness, he replied "If I lack awareness, then why should I care what happens to me when I am dead?"

so basicly i dont really care,bbbbuuttttttt if i had to chose i vikeing funreal would be pretty kickass!

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Roast my ass and throw ashes somewhere. I don't see any point in a ceremony for me, I die, they throw the legal papers together, my body gets roasted and the ashes go out the door with the rest of the trash, the end.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I want mine to be turned into a puppet and used to scare children and republicans.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
I'll either be cremated and shot into space or turned into a synthetic diamond imitation. Yes there are actually commercial places that offer specifically those options. of course this is ideally what I want, those places are outrageously expensive and probably make there income entirely off of paris hilton's pets.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
I want to be put out to sea. I love the ocean, and the relaxing sound of the waves will ease my travel into the afterlife.

Assuming there is one. If not, at least I'll probably scar some child in Europe or South America.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
Hazy992 said:
Cremated so there's no prospect of me waking up in a coffin :/ Plus I don't like the idea of my body putrifying and rotting for some reason
So instead of waking up in a coffin, you wake up in a fiery, fiery coffin? Yeah, the death would be quicker, but it would probably be much more painful haha :D Why not get them to install a bell by your gravestone with a string that runs down into your coffin - should you find yourself buried alive, you can ring the bell and someone will come save you :p

OT: Donate all my usable organs then use the rest of my body as plant food for a sapling that's planted at the funeral. Unless trees have become extinct by then. Better make it a space tree.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Donate organs if possible, give the rest TO SCIENCE! If/when my body is returned to friends and family, viking funeral. Obviously if resurrection is possible, or my brain can be suspended or whatever I shall go with that approach.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Stuffed and locked into a pose.

Preferably one of me fighting a sabertoothed bear with a lightsaber. (Both the bear and I have lightsabers in this situation.)

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
I'm mildly disappointed that the options for self-necromancy, Anikhs and Cloning fodder are not included in the poll. Us dead people have feelings too you know. Uh when we come back alive....

Captcha: rdayser condition, sounds dangerous.

gillnavisingh

Stick a Cupca- AUGH!
Jan 13, 2010
I would donate my vital organs.
What ever remains can be cremated with the ashes spread into a river.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Organs: Donated, if at all possible

The rest of me: I want to be buried. Open or closed, it makes no difference to me.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
I want a freaking Viking Burial.
Build a boat, set my body on it, set it out to sea, and then hit it with burning arrows.

Though, I would like some of my vital organs to be donated to science beforehand--and maybe leave some form of a marker from when I was shoved off into the waters.