Poll: what do you want done with your body after you die

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Didn't think of donation before I voted, but I'd want anything they couldn't donate to someone to be cremated, ashes spread. May as well help out a few strangers with my death.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Personally, I would like it if my body was harvested for organs. Help others after I die. Otherwise, I would probably want to be cremated and spread, I suspect.

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
I'm registered as an organ donor. Anything left over, I want cremated and disposed of because I feel using valuable land as cadaver storage is wasteful. I'm an atheist, I don't have any particular feelings about hallowed ground or anything like that.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
I want my body to be launched into outer space. Launch me at the Keplar-22 system or AKA a Goldilocks zone. Let some aliens find me and see what they think. (In a coffin of coarse)

Oh and I am serious about the whole space thing. That would be awesome. I mean I am dead sure, but imagine some kid looking through their telescope and seeing a coffin. Ohhhh man that'd be nice way to get introduced into science eh?

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
i chose the first option, although not an urn. i would like for my ashes to be put into some kind of capsule, and then launched into space, maybe even in multiple directions.

i wouldnt be a live anymore but my remains would see more of the universe than anyone else ever would.

Edit: wow, enzilewulf i was wondering if anyone else had the same idea as me. :D

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Orbital space lasers.
I want my family to put my coffin in the middle of a field and/or warzone and have it be incinerated by space lasers.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Cut up, parts donated to science or to persons in need, the rest incinerated and thrown away.
No funeral.
I hate funerals.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I'd like to be made into ashes. Then have my loved ones go around and throw handfuls of me in the faces of people I hated in life.

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
enzilewulf said:
I want my body to be launched into outer space. Launch me at the Keplar-22 system or AKA a Goldilocks zone. Let some aliens find me and see what they think. (In a coffin of coarse)
We think alike! Would love to just be chucked into outer space..the thought of drifting along to unimaginable distances is just too awesome to pass up. Sure, I'll be dead at the time, but why spend all your life on one planet, just to spend eternity on it as well?

If that doesn't pan out, my backup plan would be to have my body crushed until all the carbon forms a diamond, then I can be passed down through the family.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
backinthepresentfuture said:
when i'm dead....please. please rape me.
Doesn't matter; had sex?

OT: I'm an organ donor. I'll let my family decide what happens to the rest of me; not really all that bothered myself. Although ideally my body will be shot into space - hopefully that won't be prohibitively expensive by then. If it is, or if it gets too mainstream, then I'll go for cremation via volcano.

AndyRock

Dec 22, 2009
Thrown in a bin after having all the usefull organs removed (I'm an organ donor). I don't want people I care about spending money on something that shouldn't matter.

Fade2Moo

Mar 30, 2011
I want to be buried in a car. Like, instead of a coffin (or maybe in a coffin inside the car).

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I don't know yet because that is hopefully a long way away but probably not something crazy. I don't believe the body is significant after death. Perhaps donate it to science or something.

Mortai Gravesend said:
My ego demands a temple for my remains to be eternally preserved.
Or this if I'm rich enough... Body doesn't matter, ego does.

Ceil-Sama

Oct 29, 2008
Either have my organs donated to those who need them...

...Or be buried in a casket surrounded by confetti and a spring launcher. I only /hope/ that I get grave robbed if that's the case.