Poll: what do you want done with your body after you die

Weealzabob

Jun 4, 2011
BiscuitTrouser said:
I wanna be buried deep under a sapling, then in an awesome kinda vampiric cycle of rebirth the minerals and nutrients of my body will enter the tree. An amount of my matter will be tree. Which i find kinda cool. Also its a waste of wood/jewelery/clothes to be buried in a casket. I wanna donate organs too.
That sounds like a friggin' cool way to be imprinted on the world.

Really after I've donated my organs, I would prefer to be cremated and to have my ashes put into a massive firework.

My madman Science fiction sort of idea, is to be attached to a solar sail and let loose on the galaxy.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
So many good options out htere that its hard to decide. Cremation would be fine wtih me, but my family would bury me i'm sure, that does seem like a waste of space to me. I really like the turned into a diamond idea, i may have to research that some more. But however my body is eventually dealt with won't matter to me, but i do want a marker of some kind that says "At least I don't have to put up with this shit anymore". Any type of rememberance service will be a party, drinks, music & dancing, no sad stuff...

Mr Somewhere

Mar 9, 2011
Jettisoned into space, where my decrepit corpse will be bathed in fictitious space rays, following that I will return to Earth ten times as powerful...

So I'll be able to bench press like, seventy pounds.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
Hazy992 said:
MisterM2402 said:
Hazy992 said:
Cremated so there's no prospect of me waking up in a coffin :/ Plus I don't like the idea of my body putrifying and rotting for some reason
So instead of waking up in a coffin, you wake up in a fiery, fiery coffin? Yeah, the death would be quicker, but it would probably be much more painful haha :D Why not get them to install a bell by your gravestone with a string that runs down into your coffin - should you find yourself buried alive, you can ring the bell and someone will come save you :p
Oh I'm sure my screams would make my family realise something's wrong :p
They'll just assume it's steam escaping from your body ;)

Kilroy17

Jul 18, 2011
Stuffed, mounted and placed by someone's door.

Or on a more serious note donate all eligible body parts to medicine/science then burn what's left and whether it's placed in a urn or scattered doesn't concern me.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
MisterM2402 said:
Hazy992 said:
MisterM2402 said:
Hazy992 said:
Cremated so there's no prospect of me waking up in a coffin :/ Plus I don't like the idea of my body putrifying and rotting for some reason
So instead of waking up in a coffin, you wake up in a fiery, fiery coffin? Yeah, the death would be quicker, but it would probably be much more painful haha :D Why not get them to install a bell by your gravestone with a string that runs down into your coffin - should you find yourself buried alive, you can ring the bell and someone will come save you :p
Oh I'm sure my screams would make my family realise something's wrong :p
They'll just assume it's steam escaping from your body ;)
Fine, I'll be thrown to the wolves instead! GAWD! ;)

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I said "other." I am an organ donor, but I was told by my cardiologist that I should donate my heart to science because technically, it shouldn't be working. People will apparently want to study it. So I'm fine with that.

dirtsa

Aug 24, 2011
I want to be twanged into a tree. (virtual cookie for the reference).

I'm donating my organs, but I choose buried - closed casket (I don't care if the casket is cremated after the funeral and then buried but the "cremated - urn" option made me think of not having the urn buried but standing on a shelf or something, which I would not want). I would want a funeral because I think it's a nice way of saying goodbye to a loved one. Of course it differs how you feel from person to person but It helped me and my family say goodbye when we suddenly and unexpected lost a family member.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
I want to be fired into space on a trajectory headed out of the solar system. Assuming I don't get sucked into some planet's gravitational field or something, I'll just drift forever through the universe.
You never know, I might really make some alien's day interesting.

Failing that I don't really mind, although I'd quite like a viking funeral. I've also been thinking about taking out an organ donarship card thingy (haven't been able to before now, have only just turned 18.)

tirsden

Aug 11, 2009
I don't think anyone wants my organs... *I* don't want them, nature thought it'd be fun to give me the leftovers. Meanwhile, Viking funeral please. At sea.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Well, firstly I wish to be shaved and to have some of the bodily hair to be mixed into a soup and be served to orphans, It will make them stronger!!!

Next take my head (remove brain, nose, eyeballs and teeth first) and chuck it through David camerons front window >:3

Next take my eyes, nose and some leftover hair and construct these 2 items with them.

Next take my teeth and give them to old people, they can use them more than me.

Now, my torso , take off the nipples and place them on a pigs forehead with superglue, it will amuse people. then take each arm and go round destroying mailboxes out of a car window.

The organs, ahh yes now these will be used along with some metal frames to construct a remarkable contraption that creates pure alcohol, using only cheese and peppermint as ingredients.

Next the genitals, just chuck them at random peoples faces and video the reaction, It will become an internet sensation!

Legs, now I wish them to be pickled to preserve them, then dry them, take out all the flesh, muscle etc and create them into a drinking pouch

Now, we come to the feet, chop off the toes and then they shall be kept in some random hunters home as a trophy.

Finally we come to the toes, which will be used to make a necklace for Jonny depp to use in the 50th Pirates of the carribean movie.

Why yes I am quite insane!

superdevildude85

Aug 4, 2011
I want to have all my Organs removed to give to charity, then have my empty body (with brain still inside) frozen to be revived later in some kind of Deus Ex type reunion with my great great great (yadda yadda) Grandkids.

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
Take out every organ that can reasonably be used to prolong someone else's life, then study the rest. I really don't think my corpse needs to be there for people to begin the grieving process.

Hell, my parents are under orders that if I die in the near future, they are to sign any forms allowing a hospital to take whatever stuff they need.

I don't understand why people need to burn the corpse of a loved one, when an act of good could come out of their death. But, I am all logic, no emotion.

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
Take out every organ that can reasonably be used to prolong someone else's life, then study the rest. I really don't think my corpse needs to be there for people to begin the grieving process.

Hell, my parents are under orders that if I die in the near future, they are to sign any forms allowing a hospital to take whatever stuff they need.

I don't understand why people need to burn the corpse of a loved one, when an act of good could come out of their death. But, I am all logic, no emotion.