Poll: What is your favorite race in Fantasy games?

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Peteron said:
Dango said:
None can compare to the cute fluffiness of the Moogles.

Those things are creeping me out, and staring into my soul....
Would you prefer fluffier, cuter pictures?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
lizardmen

they almost never get any love and are usually relegated to the roll of lvl up monsters, least warhammer makes them pretty cool

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
HT_Black said:
E-A-R-T-H! E-A-R-T-H! WHAT'S THAT SPELL? EARTH, EARTH, EARTH, EARTH!

Humans for the win, mothaphucka! It was humans that stormed the black gate and held fast against the black hordes at Mina Tirith! It was humans that beat back the Tyranids, humans that defeated the Zerg, and humans that put an end to The Flood! Human beings bested the Yuzhang Vong, stopped The Advent in their tracks, and put an end to the Scrin menace! A single human being destroyed a reaper, another toppled the entire Sith Empire AND THEN went to go wipe out their entire species, and yet another still ruined the Gods of Olympus themselves! Humans mastered the Pieces of Eden, conquered both the sky and the ocean floor, and made all of nature their slave! The Dwarves are greedy, the Elves are vain and cowardly, and everyone else is just plum useless!

We set off fission bombs in our only bioshpere! We flood our air and water with deadly poisons to weed out the week! WE NAILED OUR GOD TO A STICK!

DON'T FUCK WITH THE HUMAN RACE!

/Species patriotism
HERE HERE!

Victory to the Humans!

Broken Boy

Apr 10, 2010
Elf or Human which ever gives me the better starting stats for what I'm going for. Which is usually a rogue ( assassin type ) but that's just how I roll. ; P

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Gnome preferably. It's more fun to be annoying if you don't look intimidating at all. Really, I like small classes.

Undead might be cool but I haven't seen anyone introduce it well or have it offered that often. I do like to be the "evil races" in MMOs

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
Elves, not only are they hot but they can also kill you from about 8 miles away with a single arrow right in the eye.

Mr.France

Jul 14, 2010
Undead.
Reason nº1: I'm gothic, and therefore have an everlasting love for darkness
Reason nº2: I have a potentially unhealthy fascination towards Death
Reason nº3: I think they're awesome
Is any other reason really necessary?

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
I usually always go for a human, but, sometimes a elf is needed to make a character I have in mind for.

I love dwarves, and you NEED one in every group, no matter what fantasy game you play whether it's D&D or Dragon Age...I just don't like being the one to play them.

Swny Nerdgasm

Jul 31, 2010
Always play humans, I'm old school and the way I see it is you need to be human and have a 17 charisma to be my favorite class

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
I want me beard long, my breath foul with a fine mug o' ale, and my battle axe and hammer sturdy and made o' the finest metals found in the rock! Nothing stands taller than the might of a Dwarf!

Freeze_L

Feb 17, 2010
gnome/hobbit? have you equated my precious halflings to gnomes? they are not the same! half-lings (hobbits) are a completely different race than gnomes, they steal things, hit pepole with rocks, stab pepole, and trade things, gnomes live on hills and are the peaceful cousins of dwarves, they tinker with things cast illusionary spells and sing songs.

they are not the same thing! *goes and cries in frustration*

OT:
Half-lings because they are awesome, seriously staby staby looty looty is best played with a half-ling.
Although, i have always been found with unique outsider styled elves, dark mysterious and talk in riddles, best wizards ever.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Ohhh I thought this title said Final Fantasy games and I was confused...

But yeah I pick elf. I always do and I don't really know why.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Freeze_L said:
gnome/hobbit? have you equated my precious halflings to gnomes? they are not the same! half-lings (hobbits) are a completely different race than gnomes, they steal things, hit pepole with rocks, stab pepole, and trade things, gnomes live on hills and are the peaceful cousins of dwarves, they tinker with things cast illusionary spells and sing songs.

OT:
Half-lings because they are awesome, seriously staby staby looty looty is best played with a half-ling.
Although, i have always been found with unique outsider styled elves, dark mysterious and talk in riddles, best wizards ever.
Oh my god....I am so sorry.....my mistake. Actually it wasn't a mistake I just didn't ahve much room I know the difference : P

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Aww, I thought this thread was going to be about epic race/chase sequences in games.

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
i've only played one game where you get the choice, and it was WoW(i hated it though due to its vomitrocious controls and pathetic gameplay. words cannot describe how much i laughed the first time an enemy ran(walked) away.) and in it, all of the characters looked stupid except undead. so i became a zombie(something i vowed i'd never do, but WoW has a way of doing that to people, apparently.)

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
I normally play as a human (as you have noticed from our many DnD and WoW sessions), although I often find myself choosing other races just to try something new every once in a while.

However, recently I've found "eviler" races to have a lot of appeal, such as Demons, Lizardmen and so forth.

Freeze_L

Feb 17, 2010
Peteron said:
Freeze_L said:

OT:
Oh my god....I am so sorry.....my mistake. Actually it wasn't a mistake I just didn't ahve much room I know the difference : P
no real big deal, just hurt a little deep down, i love hobbits and have a bit of a love hate relationship with gnomes. made me sads :( krogan got the spot of a staple fantasy race, oh what has the world come to![/sarcasm]!

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
As a general rule, I like dwarf tanks. However, in DnD-esque games like nwn i play halfling rogueish characters.