Poll: What Is Your Favourite Cartoon (Not Anime)

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Well... When it comes to nostalgia value, Edd Ed n Eddy wins, closely followed by Dexters Laboratory and Courage the Cowardly dog.

But when it comes to new cartoons, I really like MLP:FiM. Adventure Time is great too.

EDIT: I left out the obvious ones like Tom & Jerry, and the old Disney cartoons. Those win by default.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
The classics. Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes (specifically Bully for Bugs). And as far as the poll goes, I'll have to answer with -

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
chowderface said:
My favorite cartoon IS the anime.

ALL the anime.
Me as well, Can't you tell. Kukuku

OT: gotta be either Looney Tunes which had had more adult jokes than anything. Or Family Guy, Seth McFarlane's team is starting to slip in some serious episodes here and there really keeps it from going stale.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
I don't really know there are lots to choose from, Futurerama, South Park, Ducktails....ahh who am I kiddig it has to be...

Wushu Panda

Jul 4, 2011
Avatar: The Last Airbender! What's not to love? martial arts, deep plot, well developed characters, and bending the 4 elements.

Also; Futurama, Batman Beyond, Adventure Time, Invader Zim, Animaniacs

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
"The great cities have risen and fallen. Civilization's grip on mankind has grown weak and arthritic. Dark forces seek to renew forgotten covenents, and primordial beasts reclaim the wilderness. Out of the frozen North, a MAN emerges, a man of a BARBARIC AGE, whose MERCILESS SAVAGERY may be the only key to his SURVIVAL. They call him...

KORGOTH of Barbaria"

Did I miss something or did you all really forget to include Korgath of Barbaria and his full new spectrum of pain.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
I'd definitely go with Daria. Very funny, excellent design, excellent sound-track.

Apr 5, 2008
QuantumT said:
KingsGambit said:
Futurama...best TV show ever. Anyone who disagrees can kiss my shiny, metal ass.
It's no match for my glorious, golden ass!

(ie Futurama)
Hey, pleasure to meet a fellow fan! Still, you and the modern world can both bite my splintery, wooden ass! :-D

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
1: Avatar: The Last Airbender
2: ReBoot
God da- My friends say CG doesn't count!?
If not
2/3: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
3/4: Phineas and Ferb

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Thaius said:
So... stupid adult comedies are the only options, huh? 'Cause not a single one of those has anything on Avatar: The Last Airbender. An incredible fantasy epic with deeply-developed characters, gut-busting humor, a complex mythos, awesome action... a truly amazing show.

And before someone inevitably calls me on this: Avatar is not anime. Okay? Seriously, that needs to be cleared up...
i don't see why it can't be called an anime. calling it a cartoon to me feels like it's making it seem like something less than it truly is. it has the linear story telling where each episode adds to the story and they all build up to one final conclusion, unlike other cartoons that have a problem and solution within 30 minutes and the occasional to be continued to make it an hour or so. it follows a lot of trends of anime, the only main difference is it wasn't made in Japan, but i don't see why that should exclude it from the anime list

OT: i would say Avatar, and even the the OP will accept it, i still feel like it's an anime so i won't use it. i would then have said Code Lyoko, but i also feel like that's an anime even though it's french, so i won't use that either, even if it would be accepted by the OP. and beyond that i can think of three good cartoons that deserve the top spot on my list

1: Ed, Edd n' Eddy

2: Invader Zim

3: the first three seasons of Spongebob and the movie

there are probably a lot that i'm leaving out that should make the list, but i think i'll just leave it at that

EDIT: shit, i forgot one good show, so i'll just add it in here at the bottom

Sam & Max: Freelance Police

hilarious show, love it so much